OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Manufacturer Index
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 15:33 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
I'd advice getting and using other brands products...

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 16:20 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
rokphish2 wrote:
I'd advice getting and using other brands products...

Don’t like them? Some of their LP’s get good reviews, Talon, Cropcircles, Meteorite etc

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 18:12 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
No good if you can't easily get them.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 21:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
They are a nightmare to deal with for distributors/shops, which is why most distributors/shops have stopped carrying them. I suspect they may be struggling because of this, which would make retailers even more worried about ordering from them.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 23:07 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Best place to get Giant Dragon products is from Mark at TTDD.

http://www.ttdd.de/

I have heard from several retailers/distributors that echo what Haggisv said, that GD is terrible to do business with, but Mark K. manages to tolerate them pretty well. Even Coles from ColesTT stopped dealing with them I believe.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2018, 12:37 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I like the fact that the sheet of Cropcircles I bought had a glue sheet already affixed to the back.. made installation a breeze.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2018, 12:26 

Blade: Yinhe T 11+
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z1
BH: Stiga Mantra H
Are table tennis equipment manufacturers NUTS?
Even if they have a website (something even the smallest company needs a good one), the websites are:
1) inefficient / inaccessible
2) do not provide much details about themselves, arn't they proud of their history, management, factory and manufacturing quality?
3) vague details about their products?
4) does not provide even online selling and even info on how to obtain them
Not only their websites are shonky and pathetic, their packaging (even after purchasing their products) does not provide much info either.
Almost all these manufacturers do not make cow-mercial sense.

One explanation is they do not rely on OUR kind of market.
Meaning the real social market, those who play the game non seriously, is so large that they do not need to cater to our market - the player's market.

Another possible explanation is that they sell based on vague details, in the process making us into EJ's ever hungry for a 'better' product!
We may not be a true EJ, changing equipment every time, but like me, changed my equipment 3 times in 4+ years. (from pre-made blade, to W6, to T11+).
So we bought, played with it, found not good enough with certain aspects, change ... making us buy and buy ... that's how they create their market?
Makes sense?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2018, 13:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Are you referring to any specific manufacturers website? Some of the German ones are half decent. I think most manufacturers rely on their distributors to provide extra information, who can then tailor it to their specific communities. I wish they would provide more though.

Unfortunately I don't think it's in the interest of the manufacturers to provide information that allows users to compare products with those of other manufacturers. So this is something that a community like this one would need to do ourselves.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2018, 18:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, I'd say the Japanese and German websites are at least halfway decent (even if they are in Japanese or German :lol: ) while most of the Chinese ones (with the exception, perhaps, of DHS and Sanwei) are horrible. To be honest, the differences between a lot of the rubbers isn't huge in any case (considering that all the German ones come out of one factory and a lot of the Japanese ones out of another factory) so even the best web sites rely on hard-to-interpret generic gobbledygook to sell more rubber sheets. The most you can probably do is compare between sheets of the same line (e.g. the various Tenergies, the various Rasanters, the various Evolutions) but comparing between lines (even those from the same company - say, Rasant vs. Roxxon) is pretty much impossible based on the websites alone. The point is, I think, it doesn't really matter - the only people it might matter to would be equipment junkies. The pros will always buy Tenergy, the ones with less money to spend will end up, after a lot of agonizing, buy something based on YouTube (and will find, after trying several brands, that there really isn't all that much difference between them).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2018, 19:16 

haggisv wrote:
Are you referring to any specific manufacturers website? Some of the German ones are half decent. I think most manufacturers rely on their distributors to provide extra information, who can then tailor it to their specific communities. I wish they would provide more though.

Unfortunately I don't think it's in the interest of the manufacturers to provide information that allows users to compare products with those of other manufacturers. So this is something that a community like this one would need to do ourselves.

Donic has a relatively good website. Online selling too. But still, you need to decipher the descriptions of their products. Like really spending the effort reading between the lines to distinguish between their Bluestorm rubbers. Yet I could not tell the difference between their BlueStorm and Bluefire series. The websites of Andro and Stiga does not provide much details. Websites of Japanese and Chinese manufacturers are horrible. I like Yinhe's products but I don't even bother to look at their website - not much info.

Would providing detail information create more / less sales? Apparently manufacturers do not think info would help sales.
But why? Surely all consumers compare products. Most of us compare every product we buy.
And surely consumers have a right to know what they are purchasing, especially measurable details like weight and dimensions and characteristics which affect the usage of the product.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2018, 19:43 

iskandar taib wrote:
... To be honest, the differences between a lot of the rubbers isn't huge in any case (considering that all the German ones come out of one factory and a lot of the Japanese ones out of another factory) so even the best web sites rely on hard-to-interpret generic gobbledygook to sell more rubber sheets. The most you can probably do is compare between sheets of the same line (e.g. the various Tenergies, the various Rasanters, the various Evolutions) but comparing between lines (even those from the same company - say, Rasant vs. Roxxon) is pretty much impossible based on the websites alone. The point is, I think, it doesn't really matter - the only people it might matter to would be equipment junkies. The pros will always buy Tenergy, the ones with less money to spend will end up, after a lot of agonizing, buy something based on YouTube (and will find, after trying several brands, that there really isn't all that much difference between them).

Iskandar

You pretty much sum up the state of the market - not much difference between products. Like not much difference between the Radza, Rasanter, Tenergy, Bluestorms ... etc...
I can't afford to be an EJ anyway but I know equipment helps.
Like what happened yesterday. Whenever I played with this coach, her smash was so fast and reliable and my block returns were not fast enough (with T11+ with Stiga Mantra). Yesterday my block returns were much faster (with a borrowed T4s and Andro Rasanter 37) and she missed almost half of her second smash. The T4s is definitely more powerful than the T11+. I am not buying a T4S straightaway but the thought is very satisfying.

Post subject: TTL
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 08:59 

Blade: TTL
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50
BH: Dr.Neubauer Viper OX
TTL
Table Tennis Laboratory
Ukraine

Blades only.
Incomplete list of blades: https://terrapong.ru/en/71-ttl
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ttlaboratory/

Pro-player using TTL blade: https://youtu.be/NDnIPRyauWs

Lots of DEF blades and "Combi" blades.

The manufacturer is looking for contacts with dealers/retailers, ready to send samples for tests.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2020, 00:47 

We are there too.

ARTTE Telai : Table Tennis Blades, designed and produced with passion in Italy.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2020, 04:32 

lionto wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Donic has a relatively good website. Online selling too. But still, you need to decipher the descriptions of their products. Like really spending the effort reading between the lines to distinguish between their Bluestorm rubbers. Yet I could not tell the difference between their BlueStorm and Bluefire series. The websites of Andro and Stiga does not provide much details. Websites of Japanese and Chinese manufacturers are horrible. I like Yinhe's products but I don't even bother to look at their website - not much info.

Would providing detail information create more / less sales? Apparently manufacturers do not think info would help sales.
But why? Surely all consumers compare products. Most of us compare every product we buy.
And surely consumers have a right to know what they are purchasing, especially measurable details like weight and dimensions and characteristics which affect the usage of the product.

I noticed this problem as I started my research. I found that if you can find the pdf catalogues (not easily locatable and usually only intended for distributors) you can actually read some extra information about the product range. I working on compiling the data, otherwise it is pointless having different series if you don't know even know the basic aim of each one.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2020, 22:02 

brabhamista wrote:
I have been collecting links to manufacturers for a while. There are of course manufacturers still missing, not least smaller Chinese ones. I hope you can help me find those and any others. Just post below and I'll update the index.

Manufacturers with missing websites

Darker (Japan)
    HRT (China)
    Komann (China)
    Nexy (South Korea)
    Reactor (China)
    Winning (China)
    Best of Five (???)
    Hunter (???)

haggisv wrote:
Koman used to be komann.com.hk, but it's either down or no longer around.

https://www.komann.com.hk/ is up again and I think it is the same as Winning

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!