OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2018, 22:52 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

International tournament requires international rules. ITTF law of table tennis applies. If this was a protest against your use of equipment at that tournament, it was most certainly unfounded.

If the player just expressed surprise and claimed that he wouldn't have a chance to meet such a style back home, he is most likely honest but misinformed.

However, the above are just my educated guesses. For a conclusive end to this we will just have to await a reply from someone with first hand knowledge.

Last edited by keme on 17 Aug 2018, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2018, 23:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
igorponger wrote:
This is why I'm all sick of hardbat.

Vintage Sandwich racket, made by Vietnam Hanoi Bat Factory ca. 1973.
This is the very first sandwich inverted racket Soviet ordinary ping-pongers could afford. One could get the racket for 3 ☭Rubles from a shop, 15 Rubles from a huckster.

For the sake of truth, some soviet players were agreeing to pay out 100 Rubles to buy Sriver rubber from a huckster. A student of University would then have got a scholarship of 40 Rubles per month, and an ambulance doctor's wages was some 200 Rubs.

https://www.olx.ua/obyavlenie/raketka-v ... yCD4u.html

To be in possession of Butterfly sponged racket was some Golden Dream of every single Soviet kid. 1970-1980. And I was disallowed of the purchase by my parents, for the transcendental prices of Sriver and Mark-V rubbers.
We, Soviets, are really sick of playing hardbat, you understand.

Be happy.

I do understand, however,the person behind the blade has nothing to do with the price of the TT material.One chooses,one pays for what they think is right or refuses to invest money on expensive material.

When one plays against an opponent,they just focus on a strategy.I am aware I have played against people who have illegally boosted their rubbers bcz with the new plastic ball it is not possible to generate as much spin as some players are able to put on .

The idea is simply this : you have an opponent.Beat him!!!

Negative feelings and resentment lead to unhappiness.You choose your thoughts.

Understanding your point!! :rock:

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2018, 23:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

keme wrote:
International tournament requires international rules. ITTF law of table tennis applies. If this was a protest against your use of equipment at that tournament, it was most certainly unfounded.

If the player just expressed surprise and claimed that he wouldn't have a chance to meet such a style back home, he is most likely honest but misinformed.

However, the above are just my educated guesses. For a conclusive emd to this we will just have to await a reply from someone with first hand knowledge.

Yes,you are right.I have been thinking of getting in touch with a Portuguese professional player who is currently playing in the Super league here.Maybe,he will be able to clarify the controversy.

Thanks for your comments!!

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2018, 13:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

CHARMANDER DEFENDER wrote:
Negative feelings and resentment lead to unhappiness.

And negative feelings and resentment towards EQUIPMENT, of all things, is really being petty.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2018, 01:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Negative feelings and resentment lead to unhappiness.

And negative feelings and resentment towards EQUIPMENT, of all things, is really being petty.. :lol:

Iskandar

I agree..... Life is simple....some people seem to like complications ....the wise say : choose the thoughts that EMPOWER you.... rather than those who WEAKEN you..... Resentment over equipment weakens you...chances are you will lose your the game !!!! :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2018, 04:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

It seems you cannot play in ox in Portugal.They say it is in the Portuguese rules that any player must have some MMS of sponge on both sides.If this is true I would appreciate any member confirming this strange rule.Then,my doubt comes up and ask you all : what is the thinnest sponge available on the market??? 0.5mm? Are there any sponges below that?

Thank you!!!!

Yinhe EVO single sponge sheet 0.3 mm thick, white coloured. Designed for using as underlayer with OX rubbers. Coming with tacky layer on one side.

Be happy.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2018, 05:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

igorponger wrote:
It seems you cannot play in ox in Portugal.They say it is in the Portuguese rules that any player must have some MMS of sponge on both sides.If this is true I would appreciate any member confirming this strange rule.Then,my doubt comes up and ask you all : what is the thinnest sponge available on the market??? 0.5mm? Are there any sponges below that?

Thank you!!!!

Yinhe EVO single sponge sheet 0.3 mm thick, white coloured. Designed for using as underlayer with OX rubbers. Coming with tacky layer on one side.

Be happy.

Thank you so much for the info!!!! The question on the thinnest sponge available on the market was just in case it is true ox play is forbidden in Portugal as my current setup would be illegal there!!! ...... I also know a Superleague referee from my region.Maybe ,he is the ideal person to clarify this controversy!! ;)

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2018, 22:17 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

http://www.fptm.pt/index.php/arbitragem/documentos

No need for more controversy.In the above link you can see the Portuguese federation agrees with the Larc 2018 where Dr N.Terminator ox is authorised and also K.O,which has an ox version.Therefore,my Portuguese colleagues are wrong and I will soon meet them in a new tournament to close the debate forever.

Ox has its place but I can understand people hating the sound of wood on ball contact every time . :lol: ,which means the PROBLEM is inside those minds who hate the wood sound

:lol:

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 07:54 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
I love that sound. Stick it up 'em! :P

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 09:44 
Super User

That sound is sweet music to us long pippers :P :rock:

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 19:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

igorponger wrote:

Not easy to find it seems. Did a web search for "Yinhe Evo Sponge" and this came up: :lol:

Those pips really look ultra short... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 22:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
igorponger wrote:

I
Not easy to find it seems. Did a web search for "Yinhe Evo Sponge" and this came up: :lol:

Those pips really look ultra short... :lol:

Iskandar[/quote

I think this sponge is really suitable to start a thread in the experimental section :lol:

Thank you for your research,however, I swore on the Bible I would not betray my OX set up!!! :lol:

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2018, 06:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
igorponger wrote:

Not easy to find it seems ....

Iskandar

Persistence and patiency will have it always.
Yinhe EVO single sponge 0.3 mm.
Still available from a Russian vendor, US$ 5 a sheet.

https://terrapong.ru/ru/-galaxy/736--sp ... y-evo.html

Be happy.

PostPosted: 05 May 2019, 04:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If it's only available from Russia, and not available in China, it probably hasn't been made for a long time.

I hate to think of how much DHL charges for shipping from Russia.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 01:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

As far as I informed this Russian trader can ship items abroad internationally by economical postal tariff 5 USD per packet.

Be happy.