OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 00:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
maddrag wrote:
I received a video from geblock TT 2 days ago on the new power pipes. It seems to plays good when you play bump anf roll and the bath pointing toward the table. A style I played before. But can it be a stable rubble? i'm not sure unless you give a lot practice sems to be very slick but can produce topspin ??? I will wait that you or others have played it and comment on it.

Power Pipes is not that slick, pips are very similar to Hellcat’s but taller (and perhaps more wide apart) and vertical aligned. PP is more grippy than Aggressor, you can generate some spin when serving. At least before the rubber is worn.

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 00:49 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
did you received your own copy ? Or where did you get these data ?

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 00:51 
Super User

I also invited you to rate your MP that you used before in the new MP list.

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 01:32 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

maddrag wrote:
I also invited you to rate your MP that you used before in the new MP list.

I have my own sheet (look in the PP thread). But I haven’t played enough with it yet to rate it. I have only played Aggressor (and perhaps Hellcat) that much.

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 03:18 
Super User

if you can rate Millitall II, agressor and other that you did play with in the past that will be a great start. ((Dawei may be) Thank you !

PostPosted: 18 May 2018, 16:00 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Last night I had a rather soft session. I tried my newly bought blade Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon a little more thoroghly with Xiom Omega V pro and DMS Power Pipes on BH. I will not use this blade as my main blade. It has a lot more vibrations than I like and the sweet spot is too small, making the ball go very different depending on where you make the hit on the bat. That can be a gold thing if you are good enough to use it, but if you hit the ball on different places on the bat unwillingly it is just annoying. So I would need to practice a lot more to use such a blade. But when you get a nice and good hit the ball shoots away very nice - a gold looping blade and it has many gears. But it is not for me.

The MP Power Pipes is a very fun rubber to use. It is tight between Aggressor and Hellcat but faster than both of them. Great for blocking and putting preassure on your opponent. Flat hits are great snd you can easily do psuedo-loops that looks like loops but without spin. Lifting back spin can be done with speed and control. Also you can generate some spin from pushing. Great rubber! But if you play passively on BH you will be in trouble, so you need to move well and attack. And block to move around your opponent. Then kill with FH. Passive blocking can be a little disturbing but it is when you do a light flat hit producing a fast floater tour opponent gets into trouble. If you hit a little harder or block harder loops or add more speed in blocks (and moving the bat upwards) the return will be more like from a short pimple rubber. Then it is very safe but your opponent can put you under presssure.

Anyway, fun rubber but I will follow the path of the anti for now. I just need to wor more with that setup and perhaps move to a FH rubber with higher arc. I am thinking of the softer version, Xiom Omega V Europe.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2018, 20:12 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday I changed to Reflection 1,5 mm. It felt very similar to my previous 1,2 mm but smashes and fast attacks were more easy to block. Fantastic control and I don’t think the spin reversal is less. I still need to get used to it since it is slower. At first all blocks went to the bottom of the net due to slowness and perhaps less grip (brand new sheet). I needed to opend my bat a little more. I moved my old 1,2 mm to Revolution, will use it as a spare.

I am also trying Xiom Omega VII Europe. Need to break it in before I can say more. But it clicks nice and loud at less impact than my old. Throw angle os about the same I think.

When I glued the sheet to my blade I noticed that the top layer of my blade is starting to come off near the edge of the blade. I have been thinking of a replacement for my Carbonado 190 and I probably need to take that step now. I will probably choose between Carbonado 90 and 45. Before I decide I will have a go with my friends 145 to see how much that differs from my 190.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2018, 07:17 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Just found these two recent clips (January 2018) of Marcus ”Magoo” Johanson who used to play push-blocking style with LP, but who used DMS Diabolic last season and now uses Reflection. In these clips I think he uses Diabolic. He has a very good win-loss ratio in third highest league in Sweden:

http://youtu.be/IbOXljl2a0Q

http://youtu.be/1jMNvSJ17yA

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2018, 08:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
marcus plays well with it-he also chops with it.it would suit my game

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2018, 19:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday I tried my new blade, Stiga Carbonado 90, for the first time. I use Xiom Omega VII Euro max and DMS Reflection 1,5 and Stiga Perform (ABS) balls. I have been using the same rubbers on my previous main blade Carbonado 190 for some 4 sessions. The 90-blade is slower, has a more woody feel to it and give more spin on loops (and perhans on serves and pushes). It has a slightly smaller sweet spot than the 190 (190 has a thicker layer of carbon in it). The 90-blade also has some more vibrations. That I am not very fond of but all in all I am very satisfyed with the change. It gives me extra control, more balls on the table. And my anti block is safer and shorter. Spin reversal is not affected as far as I can tell but more emergency-blocks lands on the table. But looping is where I feel the biggest difference. Loops against blocks or top spin are more spinny and with more arc and control, and I can vary the spin more. The same goes for looping against back spin. BH attacks with inverted is not as good (yet) with this blade, at least not drives. But BH looping against pushes are slightly better.

So, downside is vibrations and smaller sweet spot and perhaps lack of distinctiveness and some speed. Upside with 90-blade is more spin and arc, more control and better blocks. I trade some top speed for more control and spin, just as expected.

I agree on what Table tennis daily said in their review:
http://youtu.be/a7roaXjfvk4

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2018, 01:16 

Def-attack wrote:

When I glued the sheet to my blade I noticed that the top layer of my blade is starting to come off near the edge of the blade. I have been thinking of a replacement for my Carbonado 190 and I probably need to take that step now. I will probably choose between Carbonado 90 and 45. Before I decide I will have a go with my friends 145 to see how much that differs from my 190.

This one of the main reason I dropped my Carbonado and decided to switch to Butterfly. I can't accept for a 200E blade to have the wood peel off from the carbon layer. Sorry to interfere..

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 16:37 
Super User

How does the reflection cope with the ABS ball?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 16:46 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

ridderz65 wrote:
How does the reflection cope with the ABS ball?

Better than Diabolic but it can’t ad spin, so since there is little spin from opponent there will be little spin in blocks. But of those antis I have tried this is by far the best for safe blocking of loops with ABS-ball. With other antis the ball sometimes gripped the anti and blocks would go high. This does not happend with Reflection. Many at noppentest seem to like Neubauer ABS with the new very thick spinge (2,1 mm) as Luka and others are using. I have not tried that. I am more fond of the softer feeling of DMS antis.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 19:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^^^will u try the abs at somepoint-seems popular

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 19:14 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
^^^will u try the abs at somepoint-seems popular

No, not that I think now. I don’t like the harder feeling of Neubauers antis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 82  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!