OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 08:28 

I need to admit I am completely new to pips rubbers, but this one sounded like it might be something the op was looking for and I only mention it as the brand is not listed by anyone in this thread.....

Quote:
Magic Pips
Short pimple rubber available in Red or Black, OX, 1.0,1.5 or 2.0mm

The pimples are wider than other short pimples on the market.
The 2.0mm version is capable of producing good rotation of the ball when top spinning and gives excellent control for close to the table hitting and blocking. The 1.0mm produces less rotation but gives good effect when blocking against topspin.

http://www.hallmarktt.co.uk/e-short.php

Bear in mind I am new to pips, so I could also be completely wrong :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 10:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
TSP Spin magic is another... it's designed for playing with a larger balls (44mm I think, which they use in Japan), so if it's classed as 'extreme spin' for the large ball, I expect it will spin a smaller ball even better.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2018, 00:58 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
medax wrote:
I need to admit I am completely new to pips rubbers, but this one sounded like it might be something the op was looking for and I only mention it as the brand is not listed by anyone in this thread.....

Quote:
Magic Pips
Short pimple rubber available in Red or Black, OX, 1.0,1.5 or 2.0mm

The pimples are wider than other short pimples on the market.
The 2.0mm version is capable of producing good rotation of the ball when top spinning and gives excellent control for close to the table hitting and blocking. The 1.0mm produces less rotation but gives good effect when blocking against topspin.

http://www.hallmarktt.co.uk/e-short.php

Bear in mind I am new to pips, so I could also be completely wrong :lol:

I have sheets of hallmark magic pips in all those thicknesses and have used it in match play in 1.5mm thickness. In my experience it is not a spinney short pip and played more like 802-1 then say 802-40 supersoft which is one of the spinnier short pips I have used. The other spinney short pips I've tried are Tango Ultra. It feels a lot softer than the Hallmark Magic Pips and can spin the ball.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2018, 01:30 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Spinlord Degu is soft and spinny and easier to play on BH than Waran and and an easy transition from inverted. Sort of like an updated and cheaper TSP Spectol.in feel but a bit more spin. But I find Degu is a bit soft for the forehand where harder pips like Waran give more punch.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 17:48 

Blade: Victas Firefall SC
FH: Omega V Asia 2mm
BH: All kind of Short pips
Hello I`m also in search for spinniest short pips after changing from more passive game on BH.
The ultimate goal is transition to Inverted.

Currently tested 802-40 2mm on 35 degrees sponge , Mizuno Booster SA 2mm and Victas VO 102 max.
I found 802-40 is more spinny and fast (at times i feels playing with inverted) that the other two, while VO102 and Booster SA very simmilar in feeling. All of the rubbers are tested on Firefall SC in two days.

I`m waiting TSP SpinPips Blue in next 10 days to arrive and will add my testing outcome.
Hope to have a chance to hit with Beautry and Impartial XS.

I little backgraund:
I`m playing for 2 years after 3 years full break from sports (all sports) due to low back injury. I gained a lot a weight and when come back switched to short/medium pips. Played with DHS Sharpning , TSP Spectol Blue , Spectol 21 , Victas VO 101 , Mizuno Booster EV, tested also a dozen others.
I consider my level around 2000 USATT rating , here is a video from friendly match using Victas VO 101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3qpOPvJSQc&t=163s

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 23:28 
Super User

Maybe that video is not fully representative but you looked good on the B/H with the Victas 101. Your fast hand action looks well suited to a spnnny short Pip and you very rarely hit long despite such a fast blade and SP.

What made you move away from 101? you were making less mistakes than on the Forehand which often went long or in the net and you BH probably only needs better side to side corner placement (which Short pips are good at) and variation in Pace/ spin to be a really effective attacking weapon. On the video alone I would have said stick with the 101 on the BH and go for a FH rubber with more control and shorter higher arc to keep your loops/ drives on the table with more safety margin over the net or I suppose just brush the ball more to create more loop.

Will be interested to see how you get on with Spin Pips Blue as there is virtually zero user reviews on line.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2018, 00:17 

VO 101 has great disturbing effect and is very good at service recieving, but found that loose control against heavy topspins and cant block them consistently, also found that in long term i just doing same thing without any development in my game. Also VO 101 are not suitable 1meter away from table.

Recently played Spectol Blue which found very balanced in terms of speed and control block are stable even against heavy topspins, but has not enogh penetrating power agains long no spin balls (in both rally and services).

I want change beacuse recently i`m more active and with a litle better footwork. As a result my style seems naturaly changes from forhand attack and BH control tempo and counter, to more aggresive BH i even try to open and finish points only with BH with 802-40 without turn to FH.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2018, 00:58 
Super User

Yes you definitely look stronger on the BH which is why a more control orientated FH rubber on your fast blade may help to keep ball iin play with blocks, chops and spinny loops and then attack hard on your backhand. It can be quite unsettling for opponents more used to attack from the FH side.

You should find spinpips blue quite different to spectol blue in that the latter is said to be more of a classic hitting pip whilst you will be able to generate a fair bit of topspin with spinpips blue as well as being able to block topspin. I find Fast spinny pips like waran are harder to block topspin with but much better at dealing with no spin balls as you can impart spin.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2018, 00:07 

SpinPips blue just arrived i just examined the sheet wo put it on blade and i`m not excited.
Spinpis aree longer with greater space compared to 102,Booster SA and 802-40, the grip is minimal.
So spin will be definetly at lower level.

I gues it is more controlled version of Spectol Blue.
Waiting for Beauty to arrive next week, i suppose will test Impartial XS also.

Last edited by danisius on 15 Sep 2018, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2018, 01:24 
Super User

danisius wrote:
SpinPips blue just arrived i just examined the sheet wo put it on blade and i`m not excited.
I`m the pips are longer with greater space compared to 102,Booster SA and 802-40, the grip is minimal.

I gees it is more controlled version of Spectol Blue.

Tabletennis11 is selling victas 103 I wonder why nobody has tried

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 03:33 

danisius wrote:
Spinpis aree longer with greater space compared to 102,Booster SA and 802-40, the grip is minimal.

I gues it is more controlled version of Spectol Blue.

Today i tested Spinpips Blue and my initial thoughts was completly wrong, it is very stable with most spin from all mentioned above. Just need to test it against higher level heavy looper to have complete opinion.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 17:38 
Super User

What thickness SpinPips blue are you trying.
It will be good to get a detailed review from you on it as ther is virtually nothing on web on blue version which I think may be more suited to controlled backhand play than the softer and faster red.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018, 06:00 

ChasFox wrote:
What thickness SpinPips blue are you trying.

Thicknes of the pips i`m "testing" recently is:
SpinPips Blue 2.0-2.1
Victas 102 Max
Mizuno Booster SA 2.0
802-40 2.0 (SuperSoft 35 sponge heavy boosted)
Beautry 2.0
Impartial XS 2.1

Now testing Impartial XS seems promising and probably my two bats will stay SP blue and Impartial XS.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2019, 10:51 

Thanks to danisius and nathanso for testing all these different short pips and reviewing them. It is so helpful as I can't afford to buy all those rubbers. I started using SP for my backhand not too long ago and I like the spin and control of the 802-40 supersoft but it is relatively slow and too tiring to continually attack with and I don't boost, so I'm hoping to find something similar but with a bouncier sponge so I don't have to hit so hard. The TSP spinpips either red or blue and the moristo sp ax seem to be top contenders but I'd like to hang on these threads more to hear what the impartial xs is like.

Last edited by wing on 29 Jan 2019, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2019, 11:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I had a chance to try Impartial XS about 9mos ago. Exceptionally fast and accurate SP. But within one session of smashing the ball I had delammed a half dollar-sized circle in the center of the sheet, i.e. the topsheet had separated from its sponge. Not what I'd expect from the market's priciest SP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next