OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 14:07 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Retriever wrote:
CHARMANDER DEFENDER wrote:
Quote:
...plus some outdoor table tennis will make the rubber dangerous enough to make the cocky looper have a really bad time

Or in other words, how to cheat while thinking real hard that you are not cheating. Taken from the playbook of a notable outdoor table tennis exponent.

If you want frictionless pimples, work on convincing the ITTF to remove the pimples minimum friction rule. You might be surprised how much support you would get.

Don’t you think it’s odd though that there appears to be a double standard? Forumers regularly mention boosting and rarely a negative comment is seen. Yet the odd defender who mentions that he ages his pimples prematurely gets singled out and chastised for it.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 15:18 
Super User

I'll second Dusty054 on this one. :up: and I don't think that Charmander Defender is a cheat either.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 16:28 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
I will just say that boosting is illegal and I don't do it, but the fact that its illegality is situational undermines the immorality involved when a player does it. The player knows full well that they are breaking an ITTF law but given that current tests can only catch out badly done boosting.

The illegality involved in making low friction pimple rubbers more frictionless is more like saying "I am performing a legitimate activity here, oh dear, look what has happened to my poor pimpled rubber, wink, wink". I admit that, again there is no current test that can be applied as the minimum friction rule is only as at manufacture, and there is an allowance for "normal wear and tear".

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 20:03 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Retriever wrote:
Quote:
...plus some outdoor table tennis will make the rubber dangerous enough to make the cocky looper have a really bad time

Or in other words, how to cheat while thinking real hard that you are not cheating. Taken from the playbook of a notable outdoor table tennis exponent.

If you want frictionless pimples, work on convincing the ITTF to remove the pimples minimum friction rule. You might be surprised how much support you would get.

....mmmmm,.... I am trying to think now, how you have been thinking about me thinking real hard that I am not cheating ,....I am trying to understand how someone can have the ability to know how others can think or if they think at all at a certain point......I am trying to understand how easy it is to accuse somebody of something without real proofs ......

I am not going to enter the debate -once again - of the legal outdoor tt play.....which makes the lp frictionless in the end ,..... for those who feel good - it seems it is your case - by thinking outdoor tt play is morally wrong and therefore, those who agree with the ittf permission to play outdoors are considered cheaters ,then,.... it is your perfectly valid opinion .... even if the ittf supports outdoor tt play ......

Playing outdoors is use, just leaving your rubber in the sun for days is treatment ...... when the ittf bans playing outdoors, then, I can begin to understand your point ,....in the meantime, it seems you feel so bad my lp works wonders due to the outdoor tt play,.... yes, I say you feel really bad because if not, I would be hearing other kind of observations from you ,......

I suggest you pay MORE attention to inverted rubber players.It seems ILLEGAL boosting is all the rage,... how easy it is - it seems- to make a war against lps or make people feel guilty when one JUST follows what the ittf sees with good eyes- it appears the ittf encourages outdoor tt play .......

Finally,I must say I like you because you make interesting reading for the other forum members ,..... :lol: :lol: ..... peace for everyone and have a beautiful training day :)

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 20:24 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Dusty054 wrote:
Retriever wrote:
Quote:

Don’t you think it’s odd though that there appears to be a double standard? Forumers regularly mention boosting and rarely a negative comment is seen. Yet the odd defender who mentions that he ages his pimples prematurely gets singled out and chastised for it.

I agree with both ttbuddy and you,...... it seems some people still like to revive the negative "Superblock" discomfort era when certain kind of players hated close to the table defenders ,...... inability to beat them created a pervasive negative feeling towards close to the table defense ...... and those players who shine nowadays by using this style of play are rendered cheaters when haters see a good performance from them .... they start to be questioned and their rubbers inspected ,.....

That´s the way the cookie crumbles !!! I accept those kind of negative observations,..... that´s the way life works it seems,..... you have good intentions and bad intentions in life,..I accept that already,..... and I am at peace!!! :angel:

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2018, 13:18 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Can't say I've seen anyone "chastised" for aging their pips (people post about it all the time in the "Experimental" section - most want to know how to do it better). Made fun of, sure.. :lol: Pointing out that it rains sometimes is a favorite, mine was pointing out that if the sun-tanning salon people won't let you stick your bat in their UV light machine, you could get in there yourself and lay the bat on your tummy. Just don't play without a shirt for a while.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 13:08 

Blade: nittaku resist 2 FL
FH: Tibhar MX-P MAx
BH: TSP Curl Pr-1 0.3
Hi guys,

I'm kinna new here, but i've always loved table tennis, especially lp's...i've been using, tsp p1 06 for almost a decade, very durable lp, i've also used joola fakir, 1615, joola octopus, grass devil (the best!!), grass dtech..but value wise, it not very ideal, i came upon savega recently, monster 77 ox any one have any experience about this rubber? im a calsscal defender, currnt setup is nittaku resist 2 fl rozena 1.9 & grass detch .05.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2019, 06:03 

Is there any clone of Tsp Curl P4?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2019, 23:14 

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Europe 1.8
BH: BTY Feint Long III 0.5
roundrobin wrote:
ian demagi wrote:
Is there a cheaper alternative to Feint Long 3?

Ian

I've found Dawei 388D-1 w/sponge a reasonable substitute for FLIII.

I've heard Dawei 388D-1 is not that spinny and does not create that much backspin in long distance chopping.

Guys, what do you think is the best cheap alternative for heavy backspin in long distance chopping, i.e. modern defense? Ideally high grip, soft pimples and soft sponge like FLIII.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2019, 05:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
There isn't a cheap clone of Feint 3,nearest to it is curl p4 which is cheaper if you shop around, however the p4 pips are softer

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!