OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2018, 06:01 

Hi. I have 2 troubles concerning my setup.

1. I play H8 by now (played with T05 before) and i like tacky rubber most. I have to replace my sheet and i'm at indecision to buy H8 or to try H3Neo like, for example, Ma Te plays. I heard H3N is more spinny than H8, cos H8 is rubber similar to H2. Is it true? Which one of Hurricanes (or maybe other brand?) is the best for classic/modern defender who mainly chop with FH (i can say 70% chops, 15% loops/hits, 15% fishing)? There must be something in it that best players in the world still play with H3...

2. I play FL3 (switched form P1R 1.0) and it feels very nice to me apart from its sensitivity to incoming spin (but it matter of hours played with this LP) and its a bit too slow (mainly when i dont have enough time to fully chop then i have to push forward). Apart form that unboosted chinese rubber isnt speed-demon so i have an idea to change my blade to something faster. I'm big fan of Ma Te so the first cocept is to buy VKMO. What do you think - it will be good setup with my rubbers or should i buy something else?

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2018, 07:31 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
rocket222 wrote:
Hi. I have 2 troubles concerning my setup.

1. I play H8 by now (played with T05 before) and i like tacky rubber most. I have to replace my sheet and i'm at indecision to buy H8 or to try H3Neo like, for example, Ma Te plays. I heard H3N is more spinny than H8, cos H8 is rubber similar to H2. Is it true? Which one of Hurricanes (or maybe other brand?) is the best for classic/modern defender who mainly chop with FH (i can say 70% chops, 15% loops/hits, 15% fishing)? There must be something in it that best players in the world still play with H3...

2. I play FL3 (switched form P1R 1.0) and it feels very nice to me apart from its sensitivity to incoming spin (but it matter of hours played with this LP) and its a bit too slow (mainly when i dont have enough time to fully chop then i have to push forward). Apart form that unboosted chinese rubber isnt speed-demon so i have an idea to change my blade to something faster. I'm big fan of Ma Te so the first cocept is to buy VKMO. What do you think - it will be good setup with my rubbers or should i buy something else?

Between H3s, including the original H3, the only way to appreciate which is more usable is by actually borrow them and use each a whole day or two.

Same with VKMD VKM VKMO. Your description ask for VKMD, as long as you choose, not restricted to your style of play. Be honest, attack 30 chop 70 is because you choose to chop or because you can't attack? If it the later, you could try VKMO. ;)

For rule of thumbs, the combi should enable you to counterattack from your favourite position. If you overshot the table, pick something slower and spinier.

(´ ∀ ` *)

Sent from my I7D using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2018, 21:58 

So it seems I have to buy H3 and just try it :) But which version do You recommend? Neo or 'normal'? Which sponge hardness and colour?

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2018, 00:26 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I started with a DHS premade with H2, then moved to PG7 with H8. This was an easy transition, but the PG7/H8 did everything better, without requiring a style change. I then moved to an HL3 blade with H8, and had to learn to compensate for the faster blade (despite the wood composition looking the same). I now use H3 National on H301, which required more compensation.

If you are changing, consider going to at least the Provincial version of H3. IMHO, H8 is "better" than H3 commercial - Neo or normal, especially out of the packet. DHS describe the difference as the H8 having a more elastic rubber (implied: needs no boosting). You will find H3 feels harder and "dead" when first using it. And you will need to put a bit more effort to to get the ball over the net, as a result of the lower throw.

I don't play a defensive style, but recently bought a JSH with the intention of giving my team some practice against LP (currently Sword Scylla Ox). I put an old sheet of H3 nat on the FH, and it works well. Can't really help with the VKM blades and other LP though.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2018, 03:44 

Is it really worth to buy Provincial? I heard its nearly the same rubber as commercial ;) And what about 729 Battle 2 provincial? I read its very nice rubber. Did anybody test it?

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2018, 11:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

rocket222 wrote:
Is it really worth to buy Provincial? I heard its nearly the same rubber as commercial ;) And what about 729 Battle 2 provincial? I read its very nice rubber. Did anybody test it?

No idea, but I'd heard the opposite - it was just like National, just not as good. The sponge is blue, at least... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2018, 23:53 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I am always hesitant to label one rubber as "better" than another, in absolute terms. My experience is that i find Provincial H3 is a lot more comfortable in feel, and more positive in all parameters --spin, power, etc-- than H3 commercial. Others may feel differently. Provincial, bought on Aliexpress is very good value for money also, especially as its durability is unrivalled. National is "better", but the difference is not so great. Blue Sponge is worth it on National, but I'm a bit undecided on Provincial Blue Sponge. It's all very subjective.

H8 is a much simpler proposition. Mid-hard or hard, that's your choice.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2018, 07:15 

You know, I can just replace my H8 with the new sheet. I just ask about the thing You told - there can be a rubber that is better in overall quality. I can say that for me the most important thing is spin (i'm chopper...).

The other idea about changing blade is too... not change blade and get back to P1R :) It was faster (ideal speed on VKM) but for me there was no feeling with polly balls (i've played with 1.0mm red). Maybe should I test 1.5mm? I think speed will be similar due to 'anti' sponge but maybe it will be a bit softer than 1.0 due to thicker sponge. What do You think about it?

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2018, 11:21 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
rocket222 wrote:
So it seems I have to buy H3 and just try it :) But which version do You recommend? Neo or 'normal'? Which sponge hardness and colour?
This is my own assesment on speed spin ratio of each dhs rubber. You could use it as reference. Note, the data is seven months late, sorry.

Btw,
I currently fall in love again with my H3. (*♡∀♡)

If You in doubt, you could start from NEO Skyline TG3, if You are counterlooping from a distance, and change up or down from there. :)

Type Rubber Speed P. Spin P.
Chopper DHS Hurricane 3 (H3) 1.5 8.5
Chopper DHS G888 1.5 8.5
Chopper DHS G666 1.5 8.5
Chopper DHS G555 1.6 8.4
Chopper Looper DHS Skyline TG3 1.6 8.4
Chopper DHS PF4 1.7 8.3
Chopper DHS Skyline TG2 2.0 8.0
Chopper Looper Nittaku DHS Hurricane 3 2.2 7.8
Chopper Looper DHS Hurricane 2 (H2) 2.4 7.6
Chopper DHS Hurricane 3-50 2.7 7.3
Chopper DHS G777 2.7 7.3
Chopper Looper DHS NEO Hurricane 3 2.8 7.2
Chopper Looper DHS NEO Hurricane 2 2.8 7.2
Chopper Looper DHS Hurricane 8 Hard 2.9 7.1
Chopper Looper DHS Memo 2 3.0 7.0
Chopper Looper DHS NEO Skyline 2 TG2 3.0 7.0
Chopper Looper DHS NEO Skyline 3 TG3 3.2 6.8
Chopper Looper DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft 3.4 6.6
Chopper Looper DHS Hurricane 8 3.4 6.6
Chopper DHS PF4-1 3.6 6.4
Chopper Looper DHS Memo 3.7 6.3
Chopper Looper DHS Memo 3 4.0 6.0
Non Driver DHS TNT 4.2 5.8
Non Blocker DHS Tin Arc 5 4.4 5.6
Non Blocker DHS Tin Arc 3 4.5 5.5
Allrounder DHS Skyline 3-60 Mid Hard 4.8 5.2
Chopper Driver DHS Skyline 3-60 Soft 5.0 5.0
Allrounder DHS Gold Arc 3 5.1 4.9
Allrounder DHS Gold Arc 5 5.3 4.7

Sent from my TA-1021 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2018, 06:18 

Very nice data!
So H3 has best ratio. And probably is the spinniest one... However it would be a bit too slow (i dont use tuning) on VKM, maybe perfect on VKMO. However one of my ideas is to make a paddle like Ma Te's - VKMO+H3 (normal, maybe comercial, maybe provincial)+Curl p1r 1.5mm (which is the most similar to his real LP). However i dont know if BH side will be too fast to handle

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019, 01:57 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I'm presently using the VKMO blade with the skyline 3 neo on forehand for more than 5 years. I'm still searching the right BH LP and MP that goes with my style: 75% attack on forehand (fast blocks, punch, fishing and looping) and 25% on backhand ( counter, chops,pushes…) I didn't suceed to be satisfied with a specific banckhand rubber. I now trying an inverted rubber for my backhand. Will be for a modern defense style.

I dont have to say you that it is a difficult job as I played more than 8 years with pimples. I found that now that the my VKO is heavy at 95 gram, skyline and an other inverted rubber for BH. I see that my ball are flying too much and control is more difficult. I can now do good underspin pushes and first chop and all kind of top spin and side spin. Of course the reversal is not there but at higher level I found myself difficult to play defense at high speed. I was very slowplayed with no spin ball also by intermediate level player but now they got attack by topspin bh return. I tried to dwittle my racket but it was very difficult and didn't resolve of playing agressive on the FH and defense on BH.

Finally I'm looking now for a more all around blade that would fit my style. ( less heavy, good for an all around game on my BH and offensive on my FH. ) ANy idea someone ? ( see my forum of sword 309 vs VKMO)

SO… I think that VKO is very good on agressive Fh with my skyline. It is a very controled rubber with a lot of spin and quite fast with that heavy blade it work pretty well for fishing. And for LP on defense as it doesn't need a lot of effort to chop, push far from the table, the heavy blade again sending the ball back on the table easily. Play with your sponge thickness to fit for the right distance you play your defense.

Hope you success !

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2019, 00:11 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 05 1.7
BH: Victas P1V 1.0
rocket222 wrote:
Very nice data!
So H3 has best ratio. And probably is the spinniest one... However it would be a bit too slow (i dont use tuning) on VKM, maybe perfect on VKMO. However one of my ideas is to make a paddle like Ma Te's - VKMO+H3 (normal, maybe comercial, maybe provincial)+Curl p1r 1.5mm (which is the most similar to his real LP). However i dont know if BH side will be too fast to handle
I've ben using plain H3 commercial, unboosted, and H3 neo on Defplay, Stratus Powerdefense and Diode V the last 3 years. Speedwise they both are more than adequate. The spin you can get is unrivalled - and more a question of habitude than caused by differences in blade or rubber.

Personally I didn't like the neo sponge - my impression was that it is a little better suited for looping, less for hitting. I get more spin on serves and pushes with the normal version.

So far I had no reason to get a provincial or even national version.

Gesendet von meinem S41 mit Tapatalk

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2022, 21:12 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
VKMD is the best chopping rubber I tested since I switched over to chopping away from the table.I have tested many blades : DMS Defensor ,Naraq Defensive Pro, TSP 4.5 , Victas 2.5, Lion Defence , Donier Def and even Joola R1.

VKMD has the most quality,touch,consistency,spin and whatever you wanna do with a chopping strategy.......imo ,VKMD is for the consistent chopper with occasional attacks.

Really glad to have been able to have the opportunity to test it thanks to my friend Felipe,who very kindly passed it on to me . |-)