OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 12:40 

Blade: Japanese Fast Blade
FH: Inverted Tenergy
BH: Long Pips Yasaka
Hi, I have used my Amicus Advance very lightly (20-40 hours) over the past year and my ball feeder seems to have totally broken.

This morning during a drill the balls stopped firing in tempo and then would fire two balls at once. This initially happened every 5 balls or so but started increasing in frequency until this happened on every ball. Eventually balls stopped loading into the tube altogether and no balls come out at all. When I turn my robot on the wheels of the motor spin but no balls are loaded into the tube and nothing happens. I checked to make sure that there wasn't a ball jam anywhere by unplugging the robot and easily removing every ball from the feeder tube and ball tray.
Has anyone had a similar problem? Any help would be great, thanks.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 14:17 

Is the feeder motor spinning at all? Did you try clearing balls through the hole in the bottom of the ball storage box? Did you try adjusting the wheels?

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 14:25 

Dave T wrote:
Is the feeder motor spinning at all? Did you try clearing balls through the hole in the bottom of the ball storage box? Did you try adjusting the wheels?

The feeder motor is not spinning at all. I did clear all of the balls out of everywhere but I did not trying adjusting the wheels.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 14:39 

If the feeder motor isn’t spinning, it sounds like you have a jam. Is an error code displayed on the control box? And to be clear - you cleared balls from the storage box?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2018, 07:05 

Did you get it working?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2018, 12:05 

I did clear the balls out of the storage box (just did this again) and it is still not working. There is nothing displayed on the control box and I tried to take all the balls out and start the machine again. The ball feeder spun once and then stopped and didn't spin again, not sure what to do...

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2018, 13:49 

Huh. Not sure what’s going on. You might need to call butterfly support.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2018, 10:11 

Hello!

I haven't posted for a while (years?), and wanted to follow up with an issue that I resolved in case any one has similar problems. I own an Amicus pro purchased in 2015 and it has been working great until recently. I moved to a new apartment with a brand new carpet and it seems that every time I would "touch" the controller, it would restart (it didn't matter where on the unit). I soon realized that I was discharging static electricity and the circuit board would reboot. After a series of trouble shooting, I insulated everything and solved the problem.

I am posting because I remember reading about someone complaining of a similar issue and was concerned that it was a power issue, but at least in my experience it seems to be a problem with insulation.

Here are some pics that I hope will be helpful for others:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dJzp7aLyAF0Fk179swwR0Mx43S0FtPCM/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QuKt8BLfi8x7GfpiNjd0MWsqH_x8Yqo3/view?usp=sharing

*Links have been updated

Last edited by abraSPIN on 08 Dec 2018, 11:00, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2018, 10:21 

ufnv wrote:
So, I've just received my new Amicus Prime!

Would be happy to answer any questions :)

Congrats!

Anyway you would be motivated to open it up and share pics of what the inside looks like? I'm curious on the potential of upgrading our "older" models.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2018, 10:32 

Abra - I have always had the same issue with the static. How did you insulate it? I can’t open your pictures.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2018, 10:34 

Another amicus thing - has anyone made a deflector to put in front of the robot to minimize balls that boing back at you when your shots hit the robot? This is something I’m planning to do one of these days.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2018, 11:02 

Dave T wrote:
Abra - I have always had the same issue with the static. How did you insulate it? I can’t open your pictures.

Hey Dave,

Links have been updated. Please let me know if you can't view. I used electric tape on all the screw holes (taped both sides) and the boarder of where the housing meets each other. I have tried to "induce" static discharge on it so far with good results (no restarts). I can literally hear the discharge when I touch it and it seems to be well insulated... so far. Hope this helps.

If you need more pics, I have plenty... just ask and I'll post.

Also, I remember back in the day when I think you were working on linking your computer to control the Amicus. Now that they have an app, any interest or efforts on trying to "upgrade" ours using it?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2018, 12:38 

Nice work on the insulating tape. I might need to do that myself. Yes, I built a circuit board about the size of a deck of cards that can control the Amicus. I also did an app, but didn’t get that completely finished. The end functionality is about the same as the Amicus prime. But I couldn’t interface their app with my board, there wouldn’t be a way to do that.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2018, 14:18 

Abra, I put on the insulating tape as you did. Worked like a charm! Thanks. I should’ve done that a long time ago. For those who don’t want to take their controller apart to do this, an alternative would be to put a plastic insulating pad on the floor under the robot controller, and stand on that before touching the controller.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2018, 11:16 

Dave T wrote:
Abra, I put on the insulating tape as you did. Worked like a charm! Thanks. I should’ve done that a long time ago. For those who don’t want to take their controller apart to do this, an alternative would be to put a plastic insulating pad on the floor under the robot controller, and stand on that before touching the controller.

I'm glad it worked!

I would previously discharge myself on a door handle or something similar, but it became a hassle. I'm glad I could share a solution that works for you too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next