OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2018, 02:13 

Blade: Primorac Carbon
FH: Donic Bluegrip
BH: Dornenglanz
1. I need some help with watch i should buy as My new equipment..
2. Im a ox lp chopper that always chopps with the lp, waybe a block sometimes and never hits..
3. With the backside i do it all, loop, chop, block and fish...
4. My game is based on controll and smart playes, im not a hard hitter..

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 01:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

What's wrong with what you have now? (See the profile..)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 06:25 

iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Dornenglanz i feel is not good for chopping, much better when im standing at the table..
The chop is VERY slow and that is not good for me

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 11:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
You could try TSP P-1r or Tibhar Dtecs, both chop really well even in OX, and they're very durable.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 18:15 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
Another option Palio CK531A at a lower price to try

Get yellow package type

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 19:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Like this?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Sh ... 58169.html

Yes, that's an Eacheng. Only OX available it seems, though...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 22:55 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Z0BBE wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Dornenglanz i feel is not good for chopping, much better when im standing at the table..

I don't know - DG is not really that slow, in my experience, I was able to chop low and fast with it. Are you saying it's slow as in "all my balls go into the net"? Against what - fast loop, slow loop, flat hit? Are you too far from the table, perhaps, and not making adjustments with your stroke?

You also have option staying close to the table as much as possible, but then you no longer playing like a chopper, which is fine too, I'm in the same boat right now.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 02:56 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
iskandar taib wrote:
Like this?

Iskandar

Yes, I have 2 sheets of that from them.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 16:36 

pgpg wrote:
Z0BBE wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

I don't know - DG is not really that slow, in my experience, I was able to chop low and fast with it. Are you saying it's slow as in "all my balls go into the net"? Against what - fast loop, slow loop, flat hit? Are you too far from the table, perhaps, and not making adjustments with your stroke?

You also have option staying close to the table as much as possible, but then you no longer playing like a chopper, which is fine too, I'm in the same boat right now.

No the dg isnt to slow, its the tackiness that is slow, the dg i think isnt good when i go away from the table and My game isnt the greatest close to the table.. I think the dg is great at the table..

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 18:21 
Super User

I've been thinking of getting the Palio CK531A .... I have a mixed-style of playing .. Against a lot of players, I play close'ish to the table, but against some, I will move away quite often, and chop.... When playing close to the table, I tend to passive-block quite a bit, and will chop/push over the table too...

Currently, I have the following blades...

• Donic Defplay Senso V3
  • GKI Euro XX
  • Joyner-H (The classic black-tag version)
  • XVT Blasa Hinoki Carbon

So, I'm wondering whether I should opt for Ox or a thin sponge, and which of the above blades, should I slap it onto...

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2018, 16:40 
Super User

ootbs wrote:
I've been thinking of getting the Palio CK531A .... I have a mixed-style of playing .. Against a lot of players, I play close'ish to the table, but against some, I will move away quite often, and chop.... When playing close to the table, I tend to passive-block quite a bit, and will chop/push over the table too...

Currently, I have the following blades...

• Donic Defplay Senso V3
  • GKI Euro XX
  • Joyner-H (The classic black-tag version)
  • XVT Blasa Hinoki Carbon

So, I'm wondering whether I should opt for Ox or a thin sponge, and which of the above blades, should I slap it onto...

aackk... Did I kill (inadvertently) this thread, with my last post ?

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2018, 02:37 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Recollections of Tackiness Chop from over 35 years ago definitely put it in the WAAAY TOO SLOW FOR MOST THINGS category. And mine had 2.0 sponge. The cheap chinese/modern equivalent would probably be Reactor Ckylin (though Ckylin might actually be even slower).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2018, 04:08 

Blade: Vanity II (custom)
FH: DHS Gold Arc 8
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
iskandar taib wrote:
Recollections of Tackiness Chop from over 35 years ago definitely put it in the WAAAY TOO SLOW FOR MOST THINGS category. And mine had 2.0 sponge.

Team mate hit the table corner and destroyed his Tackiness C. Asked me to replace it.

I ordered a new sheet (1.1mm!), took off the rubber and first restored the blade. An old Schildkröt defensive blade.

I usually do a bounce test after gluing on a new rubber. On this blade, with TackinessC 1mm, there was no distinguishable bounce when dropping a ball from 20cm. None.

He plays well with it, and got some spin back. Even attacks a bit better, on the rate occasions that he does.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2018, 05:16 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
yoass wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
Recollections of Tackiness Chop from over 35 years ago definitely put it in the WAAAY TOO SLOW FOR MOST THINGS category. And mine had 2.0 sponge.

Team mate hit the table corner and destroyed his Tackiness C. Asked me to replace it.

I ordered a new sheet (1.1mm!), took off the rubber and first restored the blade. An old Schildkröt defensive blade.

I usually do a bounce test after gluing on a new rubber. On this blade, with TackinessC 1mm, there was no distinguishable bounce when dropping a ball from 20cm. None.

He plays well with it, and got some spin back. Even attacks a bit better, on the rate occasions that he does.

I had similar (or close to it) experience with Reflectoid on Barricade: dead slow. Flat hits don't make it across the net unless you REALLY swing. But, if you brushed the ball, it actually was reasonably zippy. Almost felt like a training aid for brush looping.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2018, 18:51 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Like this?

Iskandar

I could not make-up my mind as to which one to order, so I ordered Yellow, as well as the Blue (0.6mm) packaging...

Before placing the order, I emailed Palio, about the difference(s) between the 2, I was informed that the Yellow packaging is ONLY in OX (No Sponge with Yellow packaging), and the Blue Packaging in ONLY with sponge (of varying thickness, and no OX with Blue Packaging) ... The Top-sheet for Yellow and Blue is the same...

Another Thing - I found 1-2 online stores (mostly European based, I think.. Dont remember the names) carry a Green version of the CK531A ... Mind you, this packaging is almost a fluorescent type of Green, and not to be confused with the much darker Green Packaging of the Palio WP1013, which is a Medium Pip..Anyway the Green packaged CK531A, is touted to be a newer version of the CK531A, with better control, but lesser reversal that the Yelllow packaged one.

I also ordered a third one - Dawei 388D OX ... (Yes.. Yes... I'm aware - I've come down with a case of mild-moderate EJ'itis)

I've been playing, very regularly, with a 388D-1 ox on a Defplay V3, for the past 6-7 months or so.. until 2-3 months back, I used to clean the pips side, just as I would do with the inverted side, simply with the intension of keeping it clean... However, after I've stopped cleaning, and due to usage, the rubber looks kind of worn-out, and I now feel, it's playing characteristics have changed; whereby I feel it's become better for passive blocking.. Infact, just last evening, a player, with whom I've been playing very regularly since I've transitioned to this long pip, commented that the ball was coming back to him, quite weirdly...

So, would I be correct in assuming that a dusty, worn-out 388D-1ox would behave like a 388D ox ?