OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 16:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2019, 08:39 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
BRS wrote:
ziv wrote:
Hey Ben, are you still using P700 and Moristo SP?

I am still using the Moristo SP. The only thing I will test there is a 1.8 sponge. But I have a few sheets of 2.0 unopened ,and they last a long time, so it might be 2020 before I try a 1.8 I like the 2.0 very much, but I read on another forum that Mima uses 1.8. And I probably don't need to go bigger than a professional.

One thing I have experienced is lower quality on the red Moristo than the black. But it's a very small sample.

And just last week I tried an Acoustic carbon. I got a great deal on a secondhand new one on another forum. So far I like it better than the P700. It's faster, just a little, and a lot thinner. And I got the large handle obe so the balance is nice. But I only did three days of training with it so far. I'm keeping the P700s until I give the acoustic a longer test. Unless you want to buy them? LØL.

If you make it to BTTC and let me try a P700 out and I like it, I might want to buy it from you ;)

Can you compare Moristo to Waran?

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2019, 09:00 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ziv wrote:
BRS wrote:
ziv wrote:

I am still using the Moristo SP. The only thing I will test there is a 1.8 sponge. But I have a few sheets of 2.0 unopened ,and they last a long time, so it might be 2020 before I try a 1.8 I like the 2.0 very much, but I read on another forum that Mima uses 1.8. And I probably don't need to go bigger than a professional.

One thing I have experienced is lower quality on the red Moristo than the black. But it's a very small sample.

And just last week I tried an Acoustic carbon. I got a great deal on a secondhand new one on another forum. So far I like it better than the P700. It's faster, just a little, and a lot thinner. And I got the large handle obe so the balance is nice. But I only did three days of training with it so far. I'm keeping the P700s until I give the acoustic a longer test. Unless you want to buy them? LØL.

If you make it to BTTC and let me try a P700 out and I like it, I might want to buy it from you ;)

Sorry, I've never even seen a sheet of waran.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2019, 01:31 
Super User

ziv wrote:
BRS wrote:
ziv wrote:

Been a while since I used it, but I can hazard the moristo is bouncier, faster, but softer/mushier than waran. Similar in feel to my recent Hexer pips which I didn't like it that much either. I've been running in circles over the past few month. Conclusion is Spinpips Red is still the best one straight from a package. 802-40 topsheet on SPRed sponge is perfection, but good luck getting the sponge off in one piece and the 802-40 topsheet off without overstretching certain areas. First hand experience :lol:

In fact, 802-40 on any tensor sponge is great, I've come to the conclusion that harder pips (ie topsheet) is the best in all circumstances.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2019, 01:39 
Super User

lasta wrote:
Been a while since I used it, but I can hazard the moristo is bouncier, faster, but softer/mushier than waran. Similar in feel to my recent Hexer pips which I didn't like it that much either. I've been running in circles over the past few month. Conclusion is Spinpips Red is still the best one straight from a package. 802-40 topsheet on SPRed sponge is perfection, but good luck getting the sponge off in one piece and the 802-40 topsheet off without overstretching certain areas. First hand experience :lol:

In fact, 802-40 on any tensor sponge is great, I've come to the conclusion that harder pips (ie topsheet) is the best in all circumstances.

Waran has a hard topsheet and a tensor sponge, does this mean it's ideal for you?

I'm going to try 802-40 on a 35 deg sponge (don't know if it's tensor or not) for the first time very soon - the package is almost here. Will be interesting to see if it's different from Waran.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2019, 01:41 
Super User

ziv wrote:
lasta wrote:

Waran has a hard topsheet and a tensor sponge, does this mean it's ideal for you?

Yes, the Waran feels great in that regard, but I find it too slow. Red is much much faster.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2019, 01:44 
Super User

lasta wrote:
ziv wrote:
lasta wrote:

Yes, the Waran feels great in that regard, but I find it too slow. Red is much much faster.

Have you tried Waran II? It's much faster (the sponge is also harder, however).

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2019, 02:02 
Super User

Haha, I'm actually happy enough with the SP Red. Just got a new sheet to replace the failed experiment. Focus more on technique lol.

For what it's worth, I'm penhold, SP forehand, so demands are different (really need a pip that does everything including serves and looping). I can see the merits of a less spinny slower short pips for a shake hand backhand, and in that regard the waran really is great.

Regarding your incoming 802-40, if it's the stock 35 ie "super soft" version, it feels good, but again, fairly slow :rofl:

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2019, 02:59 
Super User

lasta wrote:
ziv wrote:
lasta wrote:

waran gives more difficult return when blocking loops, red is like smooth

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019, 12:32 
Super User

Blade: Hallmark Aurora
FH: Haifu Dolphin
BH: Pogo
i played SPs FH penhold so not exactly what you looking for, but I agree Stiga Clipper Classic is good.

i know high level players that play royal, mizuno and haifu dolphin but that's for forehand. Give 802-40 a try it's cheap. I've tried TSP Spectrol, if ej-ing give those a try.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2019, 05:33 
Super User

gus_goose wrote:
i played SPs FH penhold so not exactly what you looking for, but I agree Stiga Clipper Classic is good.

i know high level players that play royal, mizuno and haifu dolphin but that's for forehand. Give 802-40 a try it's cheap. I've tried TSP Spectrol, if ej-ing give those a try.

Mizuno what model ?

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2019, 06:17 
Super User

Blade: Hallmark Aurora
FH: Haifu Dolphin
BH: Pogo
Booster SA

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2019, 22:52 
Super User

gus_goose wrote:
Booster SA

Better rhan moristo and better sink?