OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 07:12 

Blade: TSP Balsa 8.5
FH: Victas V>15 Extra Max.
BH: Victas V>15 Extra 2.0
I have ordered TSP Balsa 8.5, Victas V>15 Extra Max. and 2.0 for FH&BH, it will probably arrive today.

My style has changed in late years, now I prefer being highly aggressive, close to the table style, main focus is 3rd ball attack.

I don't play in a club, just tournaments every now and then, but I will try to go for the university team next year, so I will train as much as my curriculum permits :)

I just wonder how would you rate this combination and what should I consider while I'm training and playing (e.g. 'You should focus more on bh flicks and fh fades')

It still sounds like an odd combination, but my last combo was Joola Carbon, Yinhe Sun Pro and Xiom Musa, which now feels excruciatingly slow. This is the first combo that came out of my own due diligence. I'm not a pro neither on equipments nor playing so... Go easy on me please :)

I would like to share some photos once I get.

First try: It seems like a good combo. Fast, indeed but it was hard to keep ball on the table,im not used to such pace :) backhand topspins are much easier, I give half of the effort I used to and it goes much faster. Yet, blocks and shots are where it shines i think.

I need your help on someting: Black rubber looks odd to me

Attachment:
File comment: Looks like it has 'bumps', not played more than 4-5 minutes so I am not sure whether it is ok.
IMG_20190206_161636.jpg
IMG_20190206_161636.jpg [ 77.65 KiB | Viewed 725 times ]

Last edited by aktasramazan on 06 Feb 2019, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 13:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Short pips, maybe? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2019, 05:06 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
I've glued many V15 rubbers and never seen this. If anything, appearance wise they are super flat and look great compared to the MXP. When I get a chance, I will take a picture of my blade with V15 on it. No bumps or anything on mine.

When you glue it, be sure to wait 10-15 minutes for the glue to dry completely.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2019, 05:13 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
notfound123 wrote:
I've glued many V15 rubbers and never seen this. If anything, appearance wise they are super flat and look great compared to the MXP. When I get a chance, I will take a picture of my blade with V15 on it. No bumps or anything on mine.

I think I saw something similar when I put too much glue on the blade and did not spread it enough, or did not wait for it to dry completely (rubber cement), like 'notfound123' mentioned. Mostly harmless, IMHO.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2019, 18:04 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Your main challenge will be getting used to the catapult effect from such a fast balsa blade and thick tensor rubbers, the 5.5 may have been a better place to start. You might find it a little more controllable once the initial factory boosting of the rubbers reduces. Also worth while comparing control of the side with 2.0mm against the side with max as I have found thinner rubbers work best on TSP balsa blades. If you are still struggling just go back to Xiom Musa in 2.0mm as I found this worked really well on a TSP 6.5 blades giving better control and linearity.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 00:31 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
pgpg wrote:
notfound123 wrote:

I think I saw something similar when I put too much glue on the blade and did not spread it enough, or did not wait for it to dry completely (rubber cement), like 'notfound123' mentioned. Mostly harmless, IMHO.

Yes, this! If you put a lot of RC and if it's a wet (even a little) it will get that appearance. Doesn't make much of a difference in play though in my experience, except in the first day where it's got a little bit of a speed glue effect. But it's minor.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions