OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: DefPlay and Dtecs
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 01:23 
Super User

Thinking about going back to the Donic DefPlay Senso from my Joo blade , has anyone try this combo, need some input ..
been playing with Joo with T05 FH and P1 for a long bit , wanted to try something that’s a bit slower on the BH side .

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: DefPlay and Dtecs
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 01:33 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Chopper88 wrote:
Thinking about going back to the Donic DefPlay Senso from my Joo blade , has anyone try this combo, need some input ..
been playing with Joo with T05 FH and P1 for a long bit , wanted to try something that’s a bit slower on the BH side .

pgpg uses this combo.... and it's deadly in his hands

Why not switch to a slower blade and keep the rubbers?

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 01:37 
Super User

notfound123 wrote:
Chopper88 wrote:

I used to P1 on the DefPlay but just kinda feel weird, IMO the P1 is good with a harder faster blade , I hear great things about the DTecs wanted to try it out

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 01:41 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
If you're planning on using sponge, I think the net reduction in speed between 1.2mm dtecs + defplay and a 1.1~1.3mm P-1R + Joo Blade is very little. Maybe slightly slower for the defplay/dtecs combo, but not that much. Those dang sponged dtecs are fast. But the weight is far lighter!

Now, PGPG uses ox and it feels slower and I have that combo right now, and I would bet 0.5 is not too bad. I tried 0.9mm it was manageable as well, but still a little fast. I have also been experimenting with weird things to substitute for sponges, not all legal...and I have found those quite nice.

FWIW, I think I still prefer DG for a game were one mostly chops, and does some bumping at the table. I know you're more of a chopper, so that's why I mention it.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Last edited by Japsican on 13 Mar 2019, 03:10, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 01:49 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Chopper88 wrote:
notfound123 wrote:
Chopper88 wrote:

I used to P1 on the DefPlay but just kinda feel weird, IMO the P1 is good with a harder faster blade , I hear great things about the DTecs wanted to try it out

Have tried P1 on a VKM? A bit slow on the FH for my liking... but super sweet BH chopping.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 01:51 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
notfound123 wrote:
Chopper88 wrote:

Heh... if you say so. ;)

I've played with it since last November and plan to continue to do that at least till the end of the year. I'm probably more like 70% close to the table and 30% chopping at the time, but it always evolves. Using OX.

Dtecs are fine at both aspects, IMHO, even though there are probably better chopping pips for Defplay and I've heard some grumbles about whether Dtecs on Defplay is optimal for blocking as well (I could see it producing nastier balls on faster/stiffer blade). In the end you make do and start working on technique, tactics, and other boring stuff. It's actually fun to experiment with different LP shots, like aggressive push off the bounce, hitting and various kinds of punching.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 01:55 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
If you're planning on using sponge, I think the net reduction in speed between 1.2mm dtecs + defplay and a 1.1~1.3mm P-1R + Joo Blade is very little. Maybe slightly slower for the defplay/dtecs combo, but not that much. Those dang sponged dtecs are fast. But the weight is far lighter!

Now, PGPG uses ox and it feels slower and I have that combo right now, and I would bet 0.5 is not too bad. I tried 0.9mm it was manageable as well, but still a little fast. I have also been experimenting with weird things to substitute for sponges, not all legal...and I have found those quite nice.

I do usd sponge , 1.0 mm with P1 , so I’m thinking the same on the Dtecs , I might try the .5m just because you said the spend is fast, thanks for the input

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 02:00 
Super User

I used to P1 on the DefPlay but just kinda feel weird, IMO the P1 is good with a harder faster blade , I hear great things about the DTecs wanted to try it out[/quote]

Have tried P1 on a VKM? A bit slow on the FH for my liking... but super sweet BH chopping.[/quote]

I have try VKM , way too slow on the FH, but dude on the BH its about the best chopping combo I ever used

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 03:12 

Chopper88 wrote:
Japsican wrote:

I do usd sponge , 1.0 mm with P1 , so I’m thinking the same on the Dtecs , I might try the .5m just because you said the spend is fast, thanks for the input

You might like the 0.9 as well. But dtecs are super expensive to do too much experimentation. Only thing I worry about as a sponge chopper is that you may feel 0.5mm is too OX-like for you. Maybe others who have tried 0.5 can comment.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 05:51 
Super User

I got a sheet of .9 and .5 mm , I was told it’s fast hence the .5mm, but will try the .9 first , i can always go back to good old reliable P1R

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 19:18 
Super User

Chopper88 wrote:
I have try VKM , way too slow on the FH, but dude on the BH its about the best chopping combo I ever used

I've played with a fellow club-m8s VKMO + D.tecs (0.5mm sponge) + Xiom Omega Pro (Max) ... I borrow it from time-to-time... I absolutely love it, on the LP side (mostly BH) ... I don't know why, but I just cant seem to miss any type of shot I play ... Although, I've almost never played an offensive LP shot with it... The word is that, both, the VKMO blade, and the D.tecs are fast, but, this combo, to me, just feels very controlled, and secure. Yet, it causes quite a bit of trouble for my opponents ...I play more confidently with it ..... I would've got the VKMO+D.tecs combo for myself, a while back, if it weren't for the price and weight ... These days, I've been playing, almost exclusively, with Setup 2, of my signature; and although I like it too, it comes a second to the VKMO+D.tecs combo...

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 21:28 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I used to play the Defplay and DTecS in OX. Really good defensively, but if you are looking to play some offense, hitting with the pips, doing so is very difficult. I tried it for quite a while and it just was never consistent for me on attacking, which made me a bit one dimensional against players who knew how to handle playing against them.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 01:43 

Chopper88 wrote:
I got a sheet of .9 and .5 mm , I was told it’s fast hence the .5mm, but will try the .9 first , i can always go back to good old reliable P1R

If you end up hating the 0.5mm...let me know and I'll buy it off of you.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 02:54 
Super User

So I try the combo last night with DTecs .5mm , it was nice , chops are low and fast , I can why you guys said it’s has a faster sponge , but in some pushes I pop the ball up , can’t figure why?? FH I can loop all day, need to try again , overall I like the DTecs

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 03:37 

Chopper88 wrote:
So I try the combo last night with DTecs .5mm , it was nice , chops are low and fast , I can why you guys said it’s has a faster sponge , but in some pushes I pop the ball up , can’t figure why?? FH I can loop all day, need to try again , overall I like the DTecs

It pops up for the same reason OX does. Less grip! More grip means more throw angle, which keeps the ball low. Just like pushing with inverted...

that's why slippery pips and OX pips tend to be harder at the table for me, because it makes the horizontal push (inverted style push) harder to do because you have to meet the ball with a more vertical face and push downward. Less margin for error and your timing has to be more precise. It's this reason alone I go back and forth between P-1R and Dornenglanz.