OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2019, 22:53 
Super User

A real innovation !

In my first training session with a def+ to all- blade (=> Sägemeister Bu) I had difficulties while playing passively. But I realized nevertheless a great potential when playing actively. At the end of the second training session I noticed that the rate of errors was drastically lowered. So in the next two sessions I switched back to the off- blade (=> Fette Keule) which I had used for the last 2 years. Especially the effiency of LP-attacks was greatly enhanced by the faster blade. To my surprise I could now also generate an efficient passive play with this combination of LP & blade.
Some characteristics:
- superb control
- medium slow
- very good disruptive effect (=> ball sinks down rapidly !)
- great variation in spin possible

The rubber was red/OX; the balls: Joola Flash, Joola Prime, Sanwei ABS pro

My suggestion: you should test it (and give it some time)

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2019, 18:17 

Blade: ANTI HERO
FH: PISTOL(1.00mm)
BH: VORTEX(1.2MM)
Dr.Neubauer TROUBLE MAKER. I think best one. I play this long pimple. After ban frictionless long pimle this one best one for passive blocking and play near the table.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2019, 19:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
How soft are the pimples?

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2019, 20:54 

Blade: ANTI HERO
FH: PISTOL(1.00mm)
BH: VORTEX(1.2MM)
Soft like Viper soft long pimple but not fast. I play on Achim Rendler PREFERENCE(new model). Not give spinreversall like frictionless pimple but balls goes very strange specially when hit the serve balls. TROUBLE MAKER have very friction but insensitive for spin(unbelievable no one any rubber like this). I Play with GEWO select pro 3 star balls.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2019, 06:37 
Super User

So yet another long Pimple from Dr N. I’ve spent a fortune trying all Dr N long Pimple rubbers over the years and I’ve now come to my senses. Churning long pimples as they do with the marketing blurb to go with each launch does not wash anymore. I know there are different styles of play for long pimple rubbers but they all too similar and don’t warrant the high price!!!

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2019, 05:12 
The Twiddler

I've got a sheet of Troublemaker to test and will post my findings here. It does sound a very promising rubber and I'm looking forward to testing it :)

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2019, 16:17 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
This rubber is also getting mostly good reviews on the normally übercritical German pimple sites, so it must be at least decent. Got a sheet on order. Hope it plays as good as the early reviews say.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2019, 10:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Pimple do seem soft, fairly widely spaced... I think I'll have to try it as well. :( 8) :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2019, 08:36 
The Twiddler

I've had a light hit with it and will post some more comprehensive thoughts soon, but initial impressions are that it's very good.

Passive blocks seem to fly low and skid off the surface of the table. It had overall good control and you can hitnwith it. In fact it's probably a little easier to play with than Gangster but creates the sinking skidding balls that Desperado 2 does. Hitting, lifting and flicking with it is very easy as well.

Oh and it's remarkably insensitive to spin!

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2019, 09:16 
Super User

But how troublesome is it for your opponent? What’s the disturbance / reversal effect like?

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 06:59 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I played with Troublemaker last night. And promptly lost to some players I normally beat. I then switched it to a different blade and it performed better.

My current technique is based on what I can do with Bomb Talent and Dawei 388D-1. With Troublemaker, some shots worked well and some were worse. Handhold blocks were pretty useless, but Troublemaker is good for bumps, chop blocking, sideswipes and hits. I dropped more serves in the net than normal and lifting wasn't so hot.

The unforced errors are likely just a matter of adjustment. I'm not sold on it yet, but Troublemaker offers enough promise to keep using it for awhile.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 10:20 
Super User

Sorry to digress on this thread on Dr. N Troublemaker in me just saying 'Good old' Bomb Talent :up:

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 19:57 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Still using it. This seems like a pretty good pip for most LP shots (except the lift which tends to float long). On the slow side (way slower than Bomb Talent or Grass Dtecs). You have to close the angle a bit against heavy loops or it pops up. Use active strokes and you'll be rewarded. Works well against low-spin players also. Gonna try it on some various blades. It has potential.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 08:02 
Super User

Doesn’t sound anything special. Just another Dr N long pip from there production line!!! Has anyone made a list of all their long pips you’d be shocked !

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 19:21 
Manufacturer: Dr Neubauer

Hi TTnightmare,

We still have a batch of about 10 test rubbers available for forum members around the world, including OOAK.
If you are interested in testing the rubber (free of charge of course) just let me know by email.
I believe 'Trouble Maker' is a real innovation, it would be good to have your feedback about it.
Let me know if you have any further questions

BR

Carsten

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next