OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 18:00 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
When my team (and almost all teams in my league) started to use Stiga Perform (ABS-ball) in September 2017 I felt I could not generate spin with my Hurricane (3-50 or 8, don’t remember). I felt that softer japaneese/european rubbers were better for that with this ball. I went to Xiom Omega, first V Pro, now VII Euro. This is a great rubber in most aspects and I am quite satisfyed with it.

However, season is comming to an end and I have gotten myself a spare blade (I use Stiga Carbonado 90) so I need a fresh FH rubber and I am thinking that I perhaps abandoned tacky rubber a little early, just because I was frustrated with the much lesser spin that the ABS-ball can hold.

So, what are your experiece when it comes to what rubber can generate the most spin with ABS-balls? Is it softer grippy Euro-japaneese rubbers or tacky chineese? I realize this is very subjective and it depends on blade and stroke. I am most interested in spin when serving and looping slow against back spin. I am not looking for the fastest rubber.

So what do you think of these ones:

Galaxy/Yinhe Big Dipper?
Galaxy/Yinhe Apollo III
DHS H3-50,
DHS H8,
DHS H3 National or Provincial or Neo or whatever there is
DHS Skyline 3-60

If there is a super tacky rubber with a little softer top sheet and not a brick heavy and hard sponge I am all ears! I am fed up with having to boost (one of the reasons I went to Xiom) tonbe able to use the rubbers.

Could there be other rubbers, like Victas 402 or similar that can generate massive spin at serves, pushing and looping against back spin?

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 18:26 
Super User

I'm all short pips now, but back in the day I played single-sided PH with super tacky (DHS G888). Had a hit a few weeks ago with a mate's Xiom Oza and that reminded me of being in the same vein. Uber tacky but fairly fast.

My camp is with the tacky beats all in serves and looping backspin.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 18:45 

Blade: DHS 7
FH: DMS Firestorm Black 1,8
BH: TMsponge /Globe979 sponge
Def-attack wrote:
When my team (and almost all teams in my league) started to use Stiga Perform (ABS-ball) in September 2017 I felt I could not generate spin with my Hurricane (3-50 or 8, don’t remember). I felt that softer japaneese/european rubbers were better for that with this ball. I went to Xiom Omega, first V Pro, now VII Euro. This is a great rubber in most aspects and I am quite satisfyed with it.

However, season is comming to an end and I have gotten myself a spare blade (I use Stiga Carbonado 90) so I need a fresh FH rubber and I am thinking that I perhaps abandoned tacky rubber a little early, just because I was frustrated with the much lesser spin that the ABS-ball can hold.

So, what are your experiece when it comes to what rubber can generate the most spin with ABS-balls? Is it softer grippy Euro-japaneese rubbers or tacky chineese? I realize this is very subjective and it depends on blade and stroke. I am most interested in spin when serving and looping slow against back spin. I am not looking for the fastest rubber.

So what do you think of these ones:

Galaxy/Yinhe Big Dipper?
Galaxy/Yinhe Apollo III
DHS H3-50,
DHS H8,
DHS H3 National or Provincial or Neo or whatever there is
DHS Skyline 3-60

If there is a super tacky rubber with a little softer top sheet and not a brick heavy and hard sponge I am all ears! I am fed up with having to boost (one of the reasons I went to Xiom) tonbe able to use the rubbers.

Could there be other rubbers, like Victas 402 or similar that can generate massive spin at serves, pushing and looping against back spin?

I can recommend Double Fish QIJI I have this rubber on my second reserv

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 19:02 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
If there is a super tacky rubber with a little softer top sheet and not a brick heavy and hard sponge I am all ears!

I have the 61 Second Lightning DS LST, on a spare setup, lying around somewhere... It's pretty light, not rock hard, and when new, it was pretty tacky... Not 999 Super 999T tacky, but still good enough, that it could pick-up the ball. Not too fast though...

Gambler Reflectoid is supposed to have above-average tack, is soft, and also light-weight... However, it's super-slow.... I'm waiting to get my hand on one, for a while now, but availability is an issue, for me.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 19:08 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: TTR-Killer
I've read that Galaxy Apollo 5 is a really good spiny tacky rubber for the ABS ball. Haven't played it though :( It is also available with a 36 sponge.
Also my favorite tacky rubber is the 729 Battle 2 prov (not the blue sponged one - haven't played it). Tons of spin and feels not very hard(39 version) after it breaks.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 19:16 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

ootbs wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
If there is a super tacky rubber with a little softer top sheet and not a brick heavy and hard sponge I am all ears!

I have the 61 Second Lightning DS LST, on a spare setup, lying around somewhere... It's pretty light, not rock hard, and when new, it was pretty tacky... Not 999 Super 999T tacky, but still good enough, that it could pick-up the ball. Not too fast though...

Gambler Reflectoid is supposed to have above-average tack, is soft, and also light-weight... However, it's super-slow.... I'm waiting to get my hand on one, for a while now, but availability is an issue, for me.

I have actually a sheet of 61 Sec Lightning, tried it briefly and did not like it. But I will dig it up and see if it could be an alternative.
Reflectoid is a very cool rubber but not for looping. I have a sheet of 1,5 mm för BH on a spare blade. Great for blocking and pushing and playing deceptive. Horrible for looping....

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 20:06 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
I've played with Big Dipper and Apollo 5, and for me both of them provide more spin than ESN rubbers on serves.
Apollo 5 is also Lister than many Chinese rubbers, according to my memory.

Other options that I've tried but didn't like that much include Battle II, Sanwei Target National, Tibhar K1 Euro...

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 20:29 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
I have actually a sheet of 61 Sec Lightning, tried it briefly and did not like it. But I will dig it up and see if it could be an alternative.

61 Sec Lightning was okay for me ... Infact, the blade on which it is mounted, is the primary reason why I've set it aside.....

Def-attack wrote:
Reflectoid is a very cool rubber but not for looping. I have a sheet of 1,5 mm för BH on a spare blade. Great for blocking and pushing and playing deceptive.

Yep, this is precisely why I really want it... but, yeah, not exactly meant for looping. Although, I'm assuming it would work for those slow-spinny loops..

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019, 19:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Surely Tenergy 05 would have enough spin? I mean if it's good enough for Harimoto.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019, 19:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Sure... but too expensive :) (and I want to be able to frighten my opponent by lifting the ball with a sticky rubber :) ).

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019, 22:37 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 05 1.7
BH: Victas P1V 1.0
I'm perfectly happy with plain H3, no neo, no special sponge.

The two sheets of H3N I used for comparison have been a little bit less sticky. Also I can generate more spin with the harder sponge. Opening loop is more deadly. On the downside loop from half-distance and counter-loop can be a nuisance.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 02:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Def-attack wrote:
Sure... but too expensive :) (and I want to be able to frighten my opponent by lifting the ball with a sticky rubber :) ).

Er.. if you can lift the ball, who cares if the rubber is tacky or not? I don't see Boll having trouble lifting balls... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 07:03 
Super User

H3. Period.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 18:26 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 05 1.7
BH: Victas P1V 1.0
iskandar taib wrote:
Er.. if you can lift the ball, who cares if the rubber is tacky or not? I don't see Boll having trouble lifting balls... :lol:

And here I thought "lifting the ball" means something like this:

Def-attack wrote:
I am most interested in spin when serving and looping slow against back spin. I am not looking for the fastest rubber

- cheap and tacky and slow? Friendship 729 Super FX, Apollo...
- consistent quality and tacky and not too fast but "many gears"? H3...
- improving results? Practice... Any rubber will do. It's only a question of preference.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 18:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

0x556c69 wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

And here I thought "lifting the ball" means something like this:

Def-attack wrote:
I am most interested in spin when serving and looping slow against back spin. I am not looking for the fastest rubber

- cheap and tacky and slow? Friendship 729 Super FX, Apollo...
- consistent quality and tacky and not too fast but "many gears"? H3...
- improving results? Practice... Any rubber will do. It's only a question of preference.

Thanks. I have played many years with H3. I mostly wondered if there is a newer tacky rubber especially good for the new generation of balls (ABS).
I have a couple of sheets H3 at home that I will try again. But I am not at all sure that I will change... Xiom Omega VII is really good...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!