OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: LKT Transformer Pro XC
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 03:44 
Super User

Hi,

I was looking-up some cheap Allround blades, on Aliexpress, when I stumbled upon the LKT Transformer Pro XC - Never heard of this blade before, and after reading-up realized that there's a weight inside the handle that you can adjust, to change the balance of the blade... Didn't know that tech that like this ...even existed... g.... Infact, upon practicing some of my Google-Fu, I found that this blade has even been reviewed on the OOK review site... https://oneofakindtrading.com.au/lkt_pro_xc.htm... It has a balsa-core, but, don't know the type of wood of outer layers..

Here's an AliExpress store link to it ...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origina ... 94590.html

From the pics, it looks well-made....

I could not find any mention of this blade on the OOK forum...

I'm rather intrigued - Has anyone owned and played with it, if so, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it...

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 23:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

About four years ago, there was a whole raft of these things.. they took up about half the space under "KTL/LKT blades" on any of the Eachengs on AliExpress. For all I know they might still be there.. I haven't checked in years.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 03:03 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
About four years ago, there was a whole raft of these things.. they took up about half the space under "KTL/LKT blades" on any of the Eachengs on AliExpress. For all I know they might still be there.. I haven't checked in years.
Iskandar

have you played with any of them ?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 02:46 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Nope. Too many things to try. And it did look like a gimmick. I did try a KTL Instinct.. still have it, too. Wasn't all that impressed, to be honest.

Hmm.. just had a look.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/ ... 85146.html

Yup.. A casual glance shows a good half dozen of these things still (there were more in the past, IIRC). Any of the "Transformers", then there's the Lord of the Speed, the Lord of the Control, the Lord of the Balance.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Quite a variety - all wood, carbon, even a couple of hinoki + carbon + cork. Even a penhold or two. Most seem to heavy for me, and they're all out of my "cheap enough to try on a whim" range.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 15:16 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
And it did look like a gimmick.

yep... that's what I too want to know - whether balance adjustment (transformer) thingy really works (in terms of both, functionality and usability), or if it's just a gimmick...

iskandar taib wrote:
Most seem to heavy for me, and they're all out of my "cheap enough to try on a whim" range. Iskandar

Based on specs I've read (On Aliexpress), The Pro XC weighs-in at around 85g±5g ... my tolerance for blade weight, maxes-out @ 85g. ... and based on the pics, and OOAK review (See link in OP), it seems to be a decent build quality

At around $18 odd USD, less $4, by way of Aliexpress discount coupon, makes it a a lil over-budget for my "cheap enough to try on a whim" range, but, I'm willing to stretch, if it's good to actually play with...

Currently, I've been playing, almost exclusively with Setup 2 of my signature, mostly due to the blade. It seems to be in the All range, and is stiffer, and not so springy... This blade is from a pre-made (factory) bat, and although I like the way it plays the quality and durability of pre-made bats is always suspect. Plus, GKI, has stopped producing this same bat, and now manufactures an upgraded version of this bat, which is not the same as the one I have.... The one I have is second-hand, really old, and is showing signs of a lot of wear-n-tear. So, I've been looking for similar alternative... Something thats : -

• Light-weight... 85g max
  • On the stiifer, and not-so-spring side..
  • Plays well with LP .. I play a mixed-style (Close to the table - Push/Block style, and/or chopping from mid-distance too)...I will also attack (with mixed success) with inverted, from both wings, from time-to-time
  • Cheapskate friendly
  • Easy availability...

So, based on the above parameters (importantly, the last 2), I've been combing through AliExpress, and have come-up with the following options : -

• Friendship(729) C-5
  • LKT Pro XC
  • Yinhe 980

I'm open to other suggestions.... (@ Iskander - Something other than your beloved M8, please... )