OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 04:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Marcus in the video below uses the same blade (Stiga Carbonado 90) and BH rubber (DMS Reflection 1,2 mm) as I, but a H3 on FH. This is from the first round of the Swedish Championships:
https://solidsport.com/pingiskanalen/watch/159
(Click on the green tab to unlock and then once again).
Stiga Perform ABS-ball was used.
He had som troubles with his FH rubber and missed more attacks than I think he normally does.

Also, here is an interesting match with Linus Strömberg who I think uses Dornenglanz ox on BH:
https://solidsport.com/pingiskanalen/watch/147

Tomorrow I hope there will be a match between Fabian Åkerström and Truls Möregårsh filmed :).

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 06:21 
Super User

It still asks to create an account after clicking the green unlock for free button. So unable to view without account. :(

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 06:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

TTbuddy wrote:
It still asks to create an account after clicking the green unlock for free button. So unable to view without account. :(

Ok, could you not create an account?

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 07:47 
Super User

Will have to as am very keen to watch both videos :)

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 07:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

TTbuddy wrote:
Will have to as am very keen to watch both videos :)

When you have done that you can search for Fabian and find a few vidz with Mr Åkerström from Swedish highest league :). Oh, and search for Satoshi Aida also :up:.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 09:15 
Super User

Will do mate :up:

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 15:16 
Super User

Watched both matches. Thanks. The reversal from Reflection seems insane :o

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 17:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

TTbuddy wrote:
Watched both matches. Thanks. The reversal from Reflection seems insane :o

Yes, a fresh sheet is very slick :).

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 07:21 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

From the Scandal-thread:

Def-attack wrote:
Tonight I tried Scandal för the first time, but only brief. I tried 1,2 mm on a Stiga Carbonado 90 blade (same as I normally use) and with Stiga Perform (ABS-ball).

Compared to Reflection 1,2 mm Scandal has a lower throw and it is very easy to keep blocks low and therefore short. It feels very similar to Reflection, I really can’t tell if it is faster or slower. It depends on spin and stroke. For me Reflection has a little better spin reversal at blocks, but you need to be more careful with the bat angle to keep blocks low.
Attacking back spin is perhaps more easy with Scandal, since ball is kept lower and also goes a little faster. But with Reflection the ball curves more and behaves more strange I think, due to the better spin reversal and also due tomthe higher throw - arc is more like a ”U” upside down while tve arc of Scandal is more like a ”(” turned 90 degrees. That can make opponent more puzzled but some opponents will have more time to prepare for a killer...
I will try more later, now I have to prepare for my last league gathering of the season...

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 04:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today we ended our season. Not good... horrible team matches and I am not to satisfyed with my own playing these last weeks... I need to work on my stamina and legs, and loose some weight, so I can move around quicker. And I have a strong feel about tacky FH rubber, I feel I relaly need that now...

Anyhow, today I also got to play against the best player I have ever faced (by far): Hampus Söderlund (his little brother Simon Söderlund plays in Luka Mladenovic team in German second league). Hampus is in the national team and plays some tournaments, even though he mainly plays in French league I think. Last season he played highest league in Sweden with 14-9 win-loss ratio.

Here he is against Kenta (Hampus was around #150 in the world at the time):

Well... I can tell you he plyed a little faster than I am used to.... And his serves... :whew:... so low and short, or blistering fast and long. Sometimes lots of spin, sometimes no spin and I had no clue :oops: . And when I go to attack, he blocked perfectly to my cross over point or just looped back, placed in one of the corners...

Oh... and I filmed it :)

Me making a fool aout of myself :

Now a break from league matches... Next up is to get new FH rubber and perhaps try MP Power Pipes for awhile.

Last edited by Def-attack on 25 Mar 2019, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 14:04 
Super User

Got outclassed there mate :( He gave you no opportunity (at all) to take your game to him. A typical scenario for us all when we meet elite opponents way above our standard |(

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 16:20 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

TTbuddy wrote:
Got outclassed there mate :( He gave you no opportunity (at all) to take your game to him. A typical scenario for us all when we meet elite opponents way above our standard |(

Yes, I sure did. That was the first time I had the opportunity to play someone that good, did not know what to expect. He has played 10 singles in our league this season an no one got closer than 8 to get a set from him.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 17:17 
Super User

Though he lost against Matsudaira in the video you shared above, it was a very good performance from him in that match :up:

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 19:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Good match against hampus mate.
Re your league season-do you need to change gear or is it your fitness that you are worried about.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 19:48 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
Good match against hampus mate.
Re your league season-do you need to change gear or is it your fitness that you are worried about.

Both. Need to get in better shape ( I usually am in good shape in September and then after Christmas I loose it :) , so even this season).

I think I need another FH rubber to more focus on spin and placement instead of speed. I win very few points from fast loops, placement and more arc and spin is much more important. A slow loop is much more difficult to anticipate innterms of speed and spin, most opponents lose their timing when I loop thin and slow with lots of spin. If I loop with more speed and less spin they use the speed and block it back and I am in trouble...

Also, I want more spin in my serves...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 82  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!