OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2019, 14:18 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
In unrelated news OOAK member Jaspican was causing MAJOR Trouble along with the local Goon Squad at the TT Center after hours...

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2019, 14:52 
Super User

I can see the Popeye connotations, but who's who? :D

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2019, 15:26 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes, I only recognise one Trouble Maker....

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2019, 01:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I just received my demo sheet of Troublemaker red OX from Carsten at Dr Neubauer. While I've yet to get a chance to try it, I wanted to post a pic and some relevant info.

This is an unusual LP to say the least! Pips are thin, tall, and wide-spaced; probably at the ITTF design limit for such 'racket coverings'. It's also one of the few LPs that comes from the factory with a pre-attached glue sheet. With Carsten's permission, I'm sharing my recent emails with him on this subject:
Quote:
Hello Carsten,

The rubber arrived today, thank you!

Re the attached glue sheet, can this be removed without tearing or deforming the rubber sheet? If I leave the glue sheet on, is its adhesive similar to the Donic glue sheet's weaker blade-side adhesive that lets you remove and reapply the glue sheet to multiple blades?

I have used the Donic glue sheets for OX LP for many years for this very reason. I want to avoid attaching a too-strong glue sheet to my blade that might be hard to remove or leave residue behind. And I want to avoid applying glue to my blade which never sees glue due to the aforementioned Donic glue sheets.

--Adam

Quote:
Hi Adam,

Thank you for your email, I am glad to learn that you got the rubber safely.

Please do not remove the glue sheet, it is nearly impossible without damaging the rubber.
We are using such a thin and soft rubber formula that it would be impossible to handle it without glue sheet.
Also the glue sheet is thin and does not alter the playing characteristics.

As to the gluing onto the blade:
It should be no problem to put the rubber (with glue sheet) onto the blade and to remove it at a later stage however the blade needs to have a minimum of sealing/varnish.
If you want to be on the safe side please put a thin layer of table tennis glue onto the blade and let it dry sufficiently before putting the rubber. This will make it easier to remove the rubber later.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Carsten

Attachments:
20190402_090515.jpg
20190402_090515.jpg [ 199.78 KiB | Viewed 2110 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2019, 05:21 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I think the instructions that came with it said to put glue on both the blade and the glue sheet that was on the rubber. I only put glue on the blade (two coats) and it stuck just fine. Obviously I haven't removed it yet, so I don't know what that will turn out like. The rubber was pretty "floppy", that is, constantly rolled around, so I can see what he means by how thin and soft it is. Like it's the opposite of Dr Evil.
I've got some sessions coming up this week so I might test out the 1.0 mm sponge version if I get to play anybody who is more defensive or more of a flat hitter. As has been noted here, the strength of the rubber is using active strokes against shots with spin. Against flat balls I struggled a little bit. It's not a common scenario, but if I know I can handle those hard, flat balls (like from short pips or hardbat) better with the 1.0, I might keep two set ups and use whichever is best against a type of opponent.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2019, 05:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I just mounted mine without glue. The glue sheet's adhesive can release even when stuck to itself so I'm fairly confident I'll be able to remove it from the blade later without adverse effect. From the discarded portion I managed to remove some of the glue sheet which revealed an extremely sheer top sheet, almost see-through, with a textured back surface. I don't recommend removing the glue sheet as it required significant stretching of the top sheet to generate enough pull to get the adhesive to release. Hopefully, I'll get to try playing with it tomorrow night.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2019, 05:43 

Last edited by Lolo on 19 May 2019, 11:42, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2019, 11:14 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
The attached glue sheet hasn't been a problem for me. I've moved Troublemaker around between several non-sealed blades and I'm happy to report no damage to the rubber or the blades.

Also my lift shot works really well with one of the blades but not the others, so I can say that the performance of this rubber is very blade dependent. Try it on different blades and you might be pleasantly surprised.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2019, 22:23 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Had a great session with this rubber again last night in OX. As I'm learning the nuances of playing with it, it is becoming VERY effective for me. Perhaps the most effective OX long pips I've ever used. I beat a player last night rated about 300 rating points above me, had a lot of close games against a 2000 level two winged looper, and in doubles I was part of a team where we defeated a team that would be about 250 combined points higher rated. The punch shot against back spin is effective, defense is of course outstanding (I got a lot of weird looks from people, baffled at what the ball just did) and I've learned that against a slower dead ball, a soft roll type hit is quite useful, as the pace is so slow that it gets dumped into the net frequently. Combined with my learning of short pips on the forehand, after two months of testing, I feel quite confident that I now have the best setup for me and am looking forward to further refining my new style and getting more consistent.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 16:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Just back from my first practice session with Dr Neubauer Troublemaker OX red. Coming from 755 OX red I was almost immediately comfortable with TM despite it being softer and slower. TM is both easy to use and very effective against opponents. It's somehow able to generate big spin on serves and chops while simultaneously being resistant to incoming spin on serve. Reports of it being effective on chop-block were accurate! Many opponent balls went into the net on what appeared to be light backspin from TM. TM supports a very effective light backspin backhand serve to middle distance. It didn't look difficult to return but opponent after opponent dumped them into the net. Chopping off the table was effective but not devastatingly so, with spin not seeming to increase beyond the second exchange. BH topspin drives are rather easy with TM OX, and I didn't see any broken pips from the abuse. Returning short serves with the so-called Strawberry stroke was easy, consistent, and dangerous. I could dish the ball off the side of the table at will. When faced with deep fast balls to my BH, meeting the ball perfectly flat, with force, sent back a downward-angled ball that was almost impossible to return. The most common reaction from opponents tonight was abject confusion. TM is the master of spin manipulation, making a wide variety of defensive and offensive shots possible.

In summary, I'd say that TM OX is one of the easiest to use dangerous LPs I've ever tried, and I've literally tried dozens over the past ten years.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 17:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
nathanso wrote:
Chopping off the table was effective but not devastatingly so, with spin not seeming to increase beyond the second exchange.

Probably not an issue if the first one doesn't come back. :D

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 21:57 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I have to ask, what is the "Strawberry stroke"? I've been playing with pips for many years and have never heard that term!
I completely agree with your review, nathanso. I think this rubber is destined for the long pips hall of fame (if such a thing existed). :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 23:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
dwruck wrote:
I have to ask, what is the "Strawberry stroke"? I've been playing with pips for many years and have never heard that term!
I completely agree with your review, nathanso. I think this rubber is destined for the long pips hall of fame (if such a thing existed). :lol:

Banana vs Strawberry:
http://youtu.be/OOD3O8tt0xI

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2019, 00:56 

Blade: dr neubauer barricade
FH: spinart
BH: gangster
Had 2nd session with this rubber against a similar ranked player,his comment was that the balls are considerably lower trajectory and difficult to kill, he uses short pips on b/h and tackiness on f/h he top spins both wings and flat hits with pips, had little problems adapting to loops both chop blok and close to table blok with very light grip pressure a must, chopping good, hard push good also, control good, serve return good with kill possibilities.This rubber has great potential with its quite unpredictable returns especially the low return that just clears the end of the table 2nd bounce. Think dr N is on to something here before they ban it,which undoubtably they will if the top men start winning with it.Looking forward to mastering it in the summer sessions ahead.As a comparison I used my old set up with illegal pips and the opponent said it was (the tm)just as difficult for him.
Just as an aside in the quatar mens single final in the second set ma long does a strong f/h loop and li returns with a strange brush stroke that creates backspin (reversal) that ma dumps in the net, cant work out if its a fluke or ma mistake, if its not then its a new shot in the game.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2019, 01:50 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Oh wow, I've never seen that before. Thanks for the video. I will have to start working on this!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!