OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 05:28 
Super User

Well after all the above positive comments I just had to give it a try. I wish I’d saved my money as I’m my opinion it’s nothing special at all. Yes easy to play but little in difficulty for the opponent. I really don’t know what all the hype is about. I’ll stick with my GDmeteorite

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 07:10 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

So while not a formal review, The one thing that shines for me with this rubber is the topspin against backspin. Because of its softness but also ability to reverse, I can hit topspin winners cleanly with these pimples (just swing hard!) against long backspin, and with adjustments it can be used to hit well against no spin too.

First tournament is next weekend, keen to see how it pans out.

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 14 May 2019, 00:16 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
I continue to be impressed with my progress using the Troublemaker OX which for me is similar to using the Dtecs but slower. This seems to cause my regular opponents more grief. Again for me it’s just another weapon in my style (a close to the table defensive player) & as always, practise, practise, I need to continue improving my ability to use the rubber but so far I’m very happy with my progress. :up: :*: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 14 May 2019, 02:43 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I still absolutely love it as well. The guys I've been playing for years are still telling me how tricky it is to play against and how difficult it is to read sometimes. And now that I've learned to hit through dead balls effectively, it is a deadly shot, one that rarely comes back. After a couple of upcoming tournaments I'm going to give a more serious try to the ABS2, to see if long pips or the new frictionless anti spin rubbers suit me better, but if I stay with long pips it's definitely going to be the Troublemaker.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 15 May 2019, 07:07 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Here our (german) review of Troublemaker:

PostPosted: 15 May 2019, 18:27 
Super User

Any chance of English subtitles please? If not a brief summary of this much talked about rubber will be much appreciated. Thanks ;)

PostPosted: 15 May 2019, 19:13 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
English subs coming soon...

PostPosted: 15 May 2019, 19:21 
Super User

Thank You :up:

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 01:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Even without subtitles, if you've watched any of GeblockTT's previous OX LP reviews on Youtube you'll immediately notice something very different about the tester's use of this LP: With Troublemaker, he quickly realizes that he can easily push the ball around to anywhere on the table -- chicken-wing strokes included -- and does so with apparent ease. This was my experience as well, and it shows how easily TM controls a rally.

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 06:40 
Super User

That is very true and evident from the video Nathanso. Also I highly regard your positive feedback and GeblockTT’s video review along with other renowned members’ positive comments on this LP. :up: Having English subtitles for completeness (especially for this one) will be a big bonus as the auto translate language option is nothing but a joke :(

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 13:55 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
I played with Troublemaker last night. And promptly lost to some players I normally beat. I then switched it to a different blade and it performed better.

My current technique is based on what I can do with Bomb Talent and Dawei 388D-1. With Troublemaker, some shots worked well and some were worse. Handhold blocks were pretty useless, but Troublemaker is good for bumps, chop blocking, sideswipes and hits. I dropped more serves in the net than normal and lifting wasn't so hot.

The unforced errors are likely just a matter of adjustment. I'm not sold on it yet, but Troublemaker offers enough promise to keep using it for awhile.

How is troublemaker ox compared to 388D-1?

Regards

Soba

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 18:34 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Soba wrote:
How is troublemaker ox compared to 388D-1?

Regards

Soba

TM is slower with better control, but on a slow blade, I've found TM to be pretty toothless against good attackers. For me 388D-1 is better than TM, and Bomb Talent is better than 388D-1. I'm trying TM on some faster blades next.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 21:52 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
It's been quite a few years since I used 388D-1, but I do agree that it is slower and has better control. Reversal is good in both of them. I feel like attacking with Troublemaker is a little better because in addition to being very flat when hitting, the slowness makes it a little off speed as well.
I'm using it on a Donic Defplay Senso, not the slowest blade out there but still considered defensive, and I find it works very well against good attackers at my club, even after they play me a number of times. I just have to remain very active with it, taking balls quick off the bounce and chop blocking mostly, with the occasional passive block thrown in for change up.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 15:23 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
haggisv wrote:
I've had two sessions with it as well, and I like it. ;)
I agree chop blocking with it is outstanding, but that's not really a big part of my game, mainly because they balls usually come in too fast for me to chop-block.
However it's very good for chopping too, producing very heavy backspin against loops, more than any other Dr N LP I've used. Coming from Dtecs which also produces very heavy backspin, it's similar, although the ball comes off at a lower pace with Trouble Maker.
As someone else already mentioned above (dwruck?), this rubber takes the pace off really well as long as the bat is moving. Passive blocking is ok but for medium to fast paced balls, it's hard to control the length, presumably because the soft pips just bend completely. So the key is to always brush the ball and you'll get short balls and awkward spin with good control.
I also noticed the ball is a little sensitive to backspin, just like Dtecs is as well. So I either need to adjust the angle or push through harder.
I played competition with it last night, and played very well with it, the control is really good, I'll keep using it for now, see if it changes as it wears in more, and also to see how long it lasts.

Did you try troublemaker in your trinity blade? Im thinking to have trinity carbon, but im not sure if its too fast for me.

T.Soba

PostPosted: 24 May 2019, 04:40 

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Grass Dtechs
Has anyone used the 0x version in an NDS?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 36  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!