OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 17:27 

I also never play table tennis, but husband had a table growing up and played a lot with hitting hard and spinning ball a lot. He does not have a racket anymore and not played for long time, so I wanted to get us both rackets to play.

But my question is a more specific, as I have $30 To Spend On AliExpress for Gift Coupon that I won (to buy both rackets).
I was thinking to buy two different rackets, so he can pick which he likes best once he plays with them. I play the other since I'm brand new player.

I saw several that looked interesting to me that were generally around $15, but did not know which to buy. I do not want to glue myself, so these are the ones I was thinking after looking more on Ali that seem the most talked about and well reviews online and reading posts here (for the price).

Maybe I missed something else that would better choice than these? Although they are all probably somewhat similar, which two to get or which to definitely avoid?

$15.21 - Sanwei M8 w/ T88
$16.49 - Sanwei M8 w/ 729 General
$15.36 - Yinhe N9s w/ 729 XL
$17.79 - Yinhe N9s w/ Reactor Corbor
$12.41 - Yinhe N11s w/ Reactor Corbor
$14.90 - Palio 3 star w/ AK47
$17.42 - DHS 4002 w/ Hurricane 2 or 3 & G888 (genuine/fake?)

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 17:34 
Super User

The Sanwei M8's with 729 should be a solid (and durable) combo.

I don't know enough about reactor stuff, but the N11 blade should be a solid option too.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 17:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The N11s is a little faster and a little heavier. I'd go with the M8 for beginners (it's an excellent blade). The M8-T88 option would work as well as the M8-729 (not really that much difference, really, but I think they give you a free racket cover). Price also went down very slightly to $14.90. Technically speaking, the blade isn't an actual M8 but as far as I can tell there's no difference other than the color of the handle pieces.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SANWEI- ... 74001.html

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 00:15 

I think I will get Sanwei8 with T88 for me; I like that it comes with free cover as well.

But since my husband plays better table tennis (I guess intermediate). I don't understand details of his playing, but he stands far from table and makes ball spin alot and hits where he says he will and beats all his friends with basic racket, so maybe one of the other choices is a little more advance or better for him?
I want it to be surprise, so I do not want to ask him which one to choose which is partly why come here. :)

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 03:18 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It'll still work further from the table. It's good enough for advanced players as well. Swing it hard, there's plenty of power. That's not to say the other bats are bad - I've heard good things about the Palio, for instance.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 06:13 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
It looks like SB has spent hours and hours gathering info and analysing... like many new players do... the labor expense for this amount of time would crack 100 usd easily...

All for a 30 usd purchase.

Hope time and fun was worth it.

Maybe I should start sending Dan and the crew invoices...

Say!! Is that Joo Se Hyuk over there?

Gotta go !!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 06:48 

Blade: Stiga All round Classic
FH: Yasaka Mark V Max
BH: Yasaka Mark V Max
There's some mid year sale on Ali. Pick same rubbers for both FH/BH.You can go with Yinhe 896 + Dawei 2008 Super XP/Reactor Corbor/Palio CJ8000 and can pick Yinhe W6 + 729 General rubbers/Globe 999T for your husband.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 10:02 

Blade: YinHe N11
FH: KTL Pro XT
BH: RITC 563 OX
I think your husband will be happy with what the folks here recommend.
But I would suggest to pick non sticky rubber for yourself.
It's mighty challenging for a beginner to start with sticky chinese rubbers, personal experience here.
Going with non sticky rubber will also shorten your time to become a decent hitting partner to your husband.
Sticky rubber without decent techniques is a disaster for beginner... AVOID!!!!
Check each rubber via revspin site and select less sticky, less than 2 index at least, IMHO

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Zverev on 18 Jun 2019, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 18:09 

Thanks everyone for suggestions and about sticky rubber as I did not consider. This helped and gave things to consider and places to look for more reviews (revspin suggestion) on all things table tennis. I knew nothing about table tennis equipment at all, so it has been interesting to learn about something new and to learn some basics. :)

As far as post about $100 for my time looking.......I understand overall what you are saying, but that estimate is not close in Serbia. After looking on Ali then using google/forum search, I probably 3 to 4 hours shopping around. The average person salary in Serbia is about 2euro/hour, so that was more like 6-8 euro in labor expense. But you were correct that it is fun for me and probably many people that like shopping and learning about something new.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 18:24 
Super User

Serbianbeauty wrote:
Thanks everyone for suggestions and about sticky rubber as I did not consider. This helped and gave things to consider and places to look for more reviews (revspin suggestion) on all things table tennis. I knew nothing about table tennis equipment at all, so it has been interesting to learn about something new and to learn some basics. :)

As far as post about $100 for my time looking.......I understand overall what you are saying, but that estimate is not close in Serbia. After looking on Ali then using google/forum search, I probably 3 to 4 hours shopping around. The average person salary in Serbia is about 2euro/hour, so that was more like 6-8 euro in labor expense. But you were correct that it is fun for me and probably many people that like shopping and learning about something new.

Time is never wasted when you are learning.

FYI I spent 2 hours last night experimenting with different ways of lathering shaving soap. No regrets!

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 01:54 

OK, I decided to take advantage of Ali mid-year sale suggested above and spend a little more. They had combination discounts with $2off of every $15 at participating stores + additional $5off of $50 = $13off order of $60 = net $47 paid. There were some very discounted rackets and am only beginner, so I got 5 rackets plus case for $47 (which is like $9avg/racket + $2 for case :D ).

Plus, I looked at rackets in our Serbia online classifieds. I can sell any of these rackets for more than what I paid if do not want for some reason. My husband can also try three different rackets to start + have case. Also, we have 2.5 year old who is already learning tennis and will want a racket to hit the ball with us and also extra rackets if we have friends to play.

$14.90 + free ship - Palio 3 star w/ AK47
$12.58 + free ship - Yinhe n11s w/ reactor corbor
$9.46 x 3 + free ship- Reactor dj200 w/ reactor corbor
$4.18 + free ship - black zipper oxford case (also hold 3 balls)
$60.04 - $13.00 sale = $47.04 - $30 gift coupon = $17.04

Also, I bought the ones above since all of them were less than $15 starting price. If racket at least $15 - you can buy separately and combine: $2off of $15 (participating stores) + $2off of $10 (buy coupon w/ Ali coins).
So maybe I buy a few more to try for myself and husband, since I know I can resell no problem if I need/want. And maybe this helps someone looking for friend, child, etc for low price:
$11.55 + free ship = $15.55 - $4.00: Yinhe N9s w/ 729 XL
$12.68 + free ship = $16.68 - $4.00: Sanwei M8 w/ 729 General
$13.41 + free ship = $17.71 - $4.00: DHS 4002 w/ Hurricane 2 or 3 & G888 (genuine/fake?)
$13.99 + free ship = $17.99 - $4.00: Yinhe N9s w/ Reactor Corbor
$14.85 = $14.90+ $1.95 ship - $2.00: Sanwei M8 w/ T88 + free cover

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 03:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Well, there'll be plenty of stuff to post about next month, when they all start arriving.. :lol: Post photos if nothing else. This should be the biggest, most comprehensive review of cheap pre-made Chinese bats ever... Weigh them if you can, also. Do give the M8 a try, it's a really good blade.

As far as non-sticky rubber goes - the Palio AK47 is non-sticky. Sticky should be fine, though. Reactor Corbor is probably TOO sticky right at the beginning but it gets slightly less sticky after playing with it for a short while.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 03:34 

Blade: Stiga All round Classic
FH: Yasaka Mark V Max
BH: Yasaka Mark V Max
Nice choice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 08:21 

Is there a reason not to consider the Yinhe "b" rackets? It seems the higher the number the better quality I would guess, and the Yinhe 02b handle looks just like handle of n11s? Are they the same?

Also, I noticed prices on them did not change much on Ali as you went up until higher numbers:
$10.96 + free ship - 01b (free head cover)
$12.57 + free ship - 02b (free head cover)
$12.24 + free ship - 03b (free headcover)
$12.43 + free ship - 04b (free head cover)
$14.98 + free ship - 05b (free fullsize cover)

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 12:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

They're OK. I had one once, it had Yinhe 9000 rubber on it, which I like. Nothing really remarkable about it, but that goes for most of these blades and rubbers. Perfectly usable, of course. Yinhe sometimes puts more expensive rubbers on them, if they have too much of something in stock, so you might get one with a sheet of Big Dipper or Venus or something of the sort.

For what it's worth, I tried removing one of the sheets of 9000, I figured I'd use the rubber on a different blade. I gave up after I realized it wouldn't be possible to remove the sheet intact due to the glue. Most European and American premades have the rubbers REALLY GLUED ON - it's a major job to get all the bits of sponge off the blade. (Japanese, too.. except the newer ones seem to be better in this regard..) These weren't like that - if you wanted to use the BLADE, the rubber would come off easily enough, except you'd tear the sponge. I just re-glued the corner I had lifted and left it at that. I used it as a loaner, eventually I gave it away.

Iskandar