OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:36

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 20:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
:shock:

Last edited by charmander defender on 30 Jun 2019, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2019, 04:57 

Last edited by Robert90 on 05 Jul 2019, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2019, 01:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

CharDef I found something for you i.e. A set is as follows: Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon (straight handle) plus Skyline 3 -60 Mid Hard and TM.
The above blade has very good dampening effect so a control is great. An outer ply of anigre (yanka hardness 900+) and a middle ply limba support a very good
dwell and reversal on chop blocks.

Redspot, I wonder which blade is better for TM : Grubba all + or Yasaka Ma lin Soft Carbon .

I might get hold of them soon . It seems Grubba all + works fine already , according to mynamenotbob :)

....been thinking about trying Tm on BTFY Zoran Primorac off -. Has anyone tried this ? :angel:

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 02:02 

charmander defender wrote:
CharDef I found something for you i.e. A set is as follows: Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon (straight handle) plus Skyline 3 -60 Mid Hard and TM.
The above blade has very good dampening effect so a control is great. An outer ply of anigre (yanka hardness 900+) and a middle ply limba support a very good
dwell and reversal on chop blocks.

Redspot, I wonder which blade is better for TM : Grubba all + or Yasaka Ma lin Soft Carbon .

I might get hold of them soon . It seems Grubba all + works fine already , according to mynamenotbob :)

....been thinking about trying Tm on BTFY Zoran Primorac off -. Has anyone tried this ? :angel:

Both blades are good for TB but it a matter of a personal preference and feel of the ball.
As your present set up is very light I would have tried fist Grubba All+ which is light blade as well.
I would like to hear some remarks from MNNB but so far he is busy collecting data from an extensive testing :Chop: :topspin: :cash:

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 03:08 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Redspot, the Grubba blade was a great suggestion. I like it a lot and the results have been very good. The feel on the pip side is terrific. The forehand side is excellent control and fast enough. Overall performance is fantastic. Chop blocks working great. Lift shots working great. Getting some really good wins in practice games. Probably added an instant 100 points to my level, so thank you very much! This is why we test. Now I have to get another Grubba and try some different, more disruptive long pips to see what happens. :oops:

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 03:33 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
mynamenotbob wrote:
Redspot, the Grubba blade was a great suggestion. I like it a lot and the results have been very good. The feel on the pip side is terrific. The forehand side is excellent control and fast enough. Overall performance is fantastic. Chop blocks working great. Lift shots working great. Getting some really good wins in practice games. Probably added an instant 100 points to my level, so thank you very much! This is why we test. Now I have to get another Grubba and try some different, more disruptive long pips to see what happens. :oops:
Grubba is a great blade in the all wood category. Without reading all 245! posts in this thread if anyone else wants to follow suit be aware there is an all+ and an all- variant...I believe MNNB has the +. They are very robust blades too, tougher than, say, Stiga allround classic.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 07:23 

mynamenotbob wrote:

I am so glad that you enjoy this very good blade and rubber combination which is so suitable for our style of play. a thin sponge (1mm) supports very good feel and control of the ball. I wish you best of luck with your new weapon :cash: :cash: :cash:

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 15:37 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
For anyone who's interested, I enjoy using the Troublemaker, but both sheets I've used so far have had pips starting to fall out en masse after just two months of use (I play 3-4 times per week). That's just way too soon to have pips falling out. Might have to try a different rubber, as much as I like this one. Curious to hear if others have had similar (or different) experiences.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 17:40 

redspot wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

I am so glad that you enjoy this very good blade and rubber combination which is so suitable for our style of play. a thin sponge (1mm) supports very good feel and control of the ball. I wish you best of luck with your new weapon :cash: :cash: :cash:

I am sorry for a not clear description. I mean an impact of a thin sponge of forehand rubber

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 19:04 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
For anyone who's interested, I enjoy using the Troublemaker, but both sheets I've used so far have had pips starting to fall out en masse after just two months of use (I play 3-4 times per week). That's just way too soon to have pips falling out. Might have to try a different rubber, as much as I like this one. Curious to hear if others have had similar (or different) experiences.

I too have been playing with Troublemaker 3-4 times per week for over two months and I have had no pips falling out.
I have had no problems and control seems to improve with usage.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 21:25 

jmkeynes wrote:
TraditionalTradesman wrote:

I too have been playing with Troublemaker 3-4 times per week for over two months and I have had no pips falling out.
I have had no problems and control seems to improve with usage.

I just want to add my penny to a discussion regarding TM durability. A lifespan of the pimples depends not only on your style of play i.e. more defensive or more an emphasis on attack. It is directly depends on a type of players you practice with or compete against. Because the incoming spin and speed of the ball twists and squeezes the pips. If you pay frequently against a high quality powerful attackers then the life span of your pimples will be much shorter then when your opponents play a controlled game and do not impart on the ball a lot of spin and speed.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2019, 00:10 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

redspot wrote:
I just want to add my penny to a discussion regarding TM durability. A lifespan of the pimples depends not only on your style of play i.e. more defensive or more an emphasis on attack. It is directly depends on a type of players you practice with or compete against. Because the incoming spin and speed of the ball twists and squeezes the pips. If you pay frequently against a high quality powerful attackers then the life span of your pimples will be much shorter then when your opponents play a controlled game and do not impart on the ball a lot of spin and speed.

Yes, style of play matters, both your style and your opponents', but I've tried out many pips rubbers, and most don't start falling out after two months.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2019, 00:21 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I've never lost a pip on any LP sheet I've ever played, including Troublemaker. I mostly bump, punch, chop block, side-swipe, lift and sometimes hit. Maybe I don't bend the pips that much. I think that's what makes them break.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2019, 02:47 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

mynamenotbob wrote:
I've never lost a pip on any LP sheet I've ever played, including Troublemaker. I mostly bump, punch, chop block, side-swipe, lift and sometimes hit. Maybe I don't bend the pips that much. I think that's what makes them break.

That's incredible. It's not like I'm hammering/smashing the ball with my LP ... though, of course, sometimes my opponent smashes or does a hard drive at it. There are some LPs where I've also not lost pips (some of the ones that come most readily to mind are GD Snowflake, GD Talon, Dr. N Desperado 2 and Xiom Guillotine back when that was around come most readily to mind), and there are other LPs where pips would fall out pretty readily (Joola Badman Reloaded, Dr. N. Viper, Dr. N Troublemaker and Spinlord Dornenglanz are all in this category). So there's clearly a difference in how susceptible LPs are to pips falling out, but I'm still wondering how you've managed to go all these years w/o ever losing a pip. Do you ever need to change your pips rubber at all, then?

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2019, 03:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

..... and there are other LPs where pips would fall out pretty readily (Joola Badman Reloaded, Dr. N. Viper, Dr. N Troublemaker and Spinlord Dornenglanz are all in this category).

If my idea can clarify things, I can say how you play is a decisive factor . I have been usind DG for about 7 months with some occasional hitting and I lost zero pips while the rubber was becoming more and more dangerous .

DG is said to be one of the worst pips as far as durability goes . ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 36  Next