OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2019, 18:21 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
As noted in the Super Block Extreme thread, the new Dr. Neubauer Super Block Extreme just introduced last month has suddenly disappeared from the http://drneubauer.com website.

Here is the archived page: https://archive.fo/fuHA1

In the other thread, I speculated that the ITTF probably made them quit selling it. I actually believe this to be the case.

Let me explain. The ITTF has been getting very heavy-handed lately. We all know about the new on-site pip-testing B.S. going on. And, in one of the few documents the new non-transparent ITTF has released, there was the following very direct threat to manufacturers:
Quote:
Companies that supply illegal products for treating rubbers have been contacted to stop their marketing, otherwise their rubbers will be removed from the LARC and their equipment will no longer be authorized.

Even though the Super Block Extreme was clearly advertised as "not having ITTF homologation" and had no ITTF logo, we know powers that be in the ITTF despised Dr. N's original low friction Super Block rubber and were determined to eradicate that playing style.

By the ITTF's definition, Super Block Extreme would be a so-called "illegal product" in formal competition. But don't forget that the ITTF pushes their own "illegal product" in that TTX crap for recreational play. And the ITTF is OK with Butterfly and Stiga selling "illegal products" for recreational play.

So the way I see it, if the ITTF indeed forced Dr. N. to stop selling a product clearly intended for recreational players who want to enjoy playing defense at the table in informal play, that's an abuse of power.

I haven't communicated with Carsten Neubauer in some time, but he reads this forum. Maybe he'll clarify whether or not the ITTF strong-armed the Dr. Neubauer company into stopping the sale of this interesting new rubber as I suspect happened.

One thing is clear. It's highly suspicious for a new product to completely disappear within one month of introduction.

Something happened.

Speaking of the ITTF, what is up with no AGM/BoD minutes being released? Weikert ran on a platform of being transparent. The ITTF under his reign is even less transparent.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2019, 23:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Wow. I should get a sheet of this stuff.. it must be superlatively good if it inspires conspiracy theories.. :rofl: Probably costs way too much to buy on a whim, however. Most of these "extreme" rubbers are, the theory being that some people will pay through the nose for them since they're so good. Sad.

As for the LARC and rec grade rubbers from Butterfly and Stiga, go have a look. They're listed in there. Panasia. Yuki. Biriba. Flextra. Addoy. Star. Star**. Star***. Etc. There is even a rubber listed under Carrefour (yes, the French supermarket chain, which apparently sells rec bats). Donic lists *, ** and ***, Cornilleau lists *, **, ***, ****, etc. Which means that all of those Butterfly, Stiga, Donic, Cornilleau and Carrefour rec bats that use these rubbers are tournament-legal. Of course, Hueison isn't listed, nor is Timo Boll Warheads, there's dozens of Chinese rec brands that aren't listed, but so what? It's not like anyone plans to use Timo Boll Warheads rubber in a ITTF tournament after all. Not sure what the point of all this is, in any case..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2019, 03:54 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I think I'm right and the ITTF forced Dr. Neubauer pull their brand new recreational product from the market under threat of having all their ITTF approvals removed. Maybe someone with knowledge of the situation will comment and the truth will come out.

For the obtuse, the point is Stiga and Butterfly sell non-homologated recreational products (sandpaper paddles) and ITTF pushes their TTX, so it's unfair if the ITTF won't let Neubauer sell their recreational product also.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2019, 06:58 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
mynamenotbob wrote:
I think I'm right and the ITTF forced Dr. Neubauer pull their brand new recreational product from the market under threat of having all their ITTF approvals removed. Maybe someone with knowledge of the situation will comment and the truth will come out.

For the obtuse, the point is Stiga and Butterfly sell non-homologated recreational products (sandpaper paddles) and ITTF pushes their TTX, so it's unfair if the ITTF won't let Neubauer sell their recreational product also.

If this is the case, Dr. N should take it to court.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2019, 07:16 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Lorre wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

Dr. N would surely win. I reckon, however, that since they know the ITTF is certain to retaliate, they figure it's better in the longterm to cut their losses.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2019, 13:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

SUBSTANDARD PRODUCTS.

Did you see the stamp as moulded on the topsheet? It is rather confusing. The stamp design is going to lead an umpire to mistake the rubber for an approved product. This present mould design is not acceptable anyway. And yes, Ittf is gladly welcome to hear information about all the fancy and substandard products, from everywhere..

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2019, 13:33 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

igorponger wrote:
SUBSTANDARD PRODUCTS.

Did you see the stamp as moulded on the topsheet? It is rather confusing. The stamp design is going to lead an umpire to mistake the rubber for an approved product. This present mould design is not acceptable anyway. And yes, Ittf is gladly welcome to hear information of the unruled and substandard products., from everywhere..

There is no ITTF logo or ITTF number. Clearly a recreational product for informal table tennis only.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2019, 20:48 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
mynamenotbob wrote:
Lorre wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

Dr. N would surely win. I reckon, however, that since they know the ITTF is certain to retaliate, they figure it's better in the longterm to cut their losses.

But that retaliation would also be illegal, wouldn't it? And also that might be taken to court, urgent procedure.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 02:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Lorre wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

But that retaliation would also be illegal, wouldn't it? And also that might be taken to court, urgent procedure.

IF the conspiracy theory is true, then, yes, the retaliation would be illegal. IF true, of course. I suppose it's fun to speculate, especially if it involves an organization one clearly hates, but then...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 04:41 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Regarding retaliation, let me just say no table tennis manufacturer wants the ITTF as an enemy.

Ask yourself why Dr. Neubauer would spend all the time and money developing and marketing Super Block Extreme, then make it completely disappear without a trace within one month of introduction?

My usual OOAK detractors can call me a conspiracy theorist or hater, but ITTF fingerprints are all over this.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 05:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
Regarding retaliation, let me just say no table tennis manufacturer wants the ITTF as an enemy.

Ask yourself why Dr. Neubauer would spend all the time and money developing and marketing Super Block Extreme, then make it completely disappear without a trace within one month of introduction?

My usual OOAK detractors can call me a conspiracy theorist or hater, but ITTF fingerprints are all over this.

Dr.N's silence speaks . It is obvious the ITTF is behind . Maybe the ITTF sees Superblock Extreme as a provocation . Let´s remember the banning of FL pips was a personal war between one member of the ITTF and DR N .

Maybe we should ask DR. N. why now he has decided to launch SB Extreme . Even if it is for recreational use, which does not harm anyone, the ITTF considers this as a way to promote FL pips, something forbidden and of course ,does not want him to earn a single cent .

I agree the disappearance from the webiste is very suspicious . It's clear the ITTF never wants to hear about the use of FL pips because the "new" people who buy SB Extreme for the first time will love it and this will generate more hate against the ITTF .

Well, these are my thoughts on this mystery . :lol:

Last edited by charmander defender on 29 Sep 2019, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 05:50 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
Before trying to blame and convict IITF for this maybe you should ask for more information. For example the issue might be a technical one like in the production of this rubber, or maybe this rubber has some quality issues like broken pips in some rare but possible scenarios. I am aware of other companies that make and sell non-ITTF approved pips but they do have a lot of IITF approved rubbers and pips.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 05:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
tzifos wrote:
Before trying to blame and convict IITF for this maybe you should ask for more information. For example the issue might be a technical one like in the production of this rubber, or maybe this rubber has some quality issues like broken pips in some rare but possible scenarios. I am aware of other companies that make and sell non-ITTF approved pips but they do have a lot of IITF approved rubbers and pips.

I do repeat again . DR . N's silence speaks . Something fishy is ,was, has been going on :lol: .

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 09:37 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
for recreational players who want to enjoy playing defense at the table in informal play...

Yeah. Right. Anyone who believes this needs to check themselves into a mental health facility.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 09:55 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

birchamboi wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
for recreational players who want to enjoy playing defense at the table in informal play...

Yeah. Right. Anyone who believes this needs to check themselves into a mental health facility.

The Neubauer ad clearly says "Please note that the rubber does not have ITTF homologation." Also there is no ITTF logo or approval number. And it's not listed on the ITTF LARC. You wouldn't be allowed to use Super Block Extreme in official competition.

| My OOAK Interview