OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008, 04:01 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

I know that LP's are as versatile as the player wants them to be, but seeing that nobody has done this, I'll be doing a LP list showing what's each LP purpose, please contribute with the ones you know about and remember we're talking about Long Pips, not medium nor short ones.

Defensive pips:
High Level -> TSP Curl P1-R, BTY Feint II, Saviga V.
Good Control -> Friendship 837, Dawei 388-D1, Feint Soft, Meteor 8512.

Attack pips:
TSP Curl P2, P3 / P3 alpha, Armstrong Twister, JUIC Leggy Attack, Yasaka Phantom series, BTY Feint AG, Hallmark Frustration, Kokutaku 911.

I propose writting down all LP's listed on the ITTF website and noting all the thoughts about them, I'll be taking all reviews from the forum for this and you can also contribute here but I'm not writting down the "proposed for ban" coverings.

If any info is wrong, just tell me and I'll correct it 'cause my info source could be wrong (we're humans :wink:).

LICENSE:
Code:
All reviews are property of his respective author, this post is licensed under Creative commons BY-NC-SA, which means you can use, link, distribute or modify my work Under the following conditions:

- Attribution. You must attribute this work to Francisco García (AKA NiTTaKu) AND One of a Kind Forums.

- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

License URL: Image ----------> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMSIR

Flutter:
Sensation:
Surprise:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANDRO

LP-22:

ARMSTRONG

Twister
:
Caracteristics :
Pimples height/width : ~1.6mm/1.5mm
Vertical aligned, space between 2 pimples (vertically/horizontally : ~1.3mm/3.1mm).
Test From: Derf59
Blade: Darker 7P-2A.DF
Sponge: OX
Grippy & very flexible LP like Tibhar Grass D.Tecs but slower and with more control.
Suited for near the table attack, easy to hit more than one time. It doesn't take too much effect against services. Not bad for a defensive game but I don't think it's the better way to use it.

AVALOX

Mo:

BUTTERFLY

Feint AG:

Feint Long II:
Pimples height/width : 1.5mm/1.5mm
Horizontal aligned, space between 2 pimples: 1.5mm.
Saw-like surfaced, 5 to 7
Test From: NiTTaKu
Blade: BTY Matsushita Pro Model
Sponge: 1.1mm
A classic between LPs, I would say this one's an allrounder. You can do almost everything with it, not too sensitive to incoming spin, good reversal and a lil' difficult to adapt the attacking stroke. To me, It's pretty similar to Saviga V.

Feint Long III
:
Pimples height/width : 1.7mm/1.5mm
Horizontal aligned, space between 2 pimples: 1.2mm.
Saw-like surfaced, 14 to 15
Blade: Nittaku Fine Touch Carbon
Sponge: 1.1mm
It's a really spinny LP on top of a soft Jap sponge (softer than chinese). Good control on all strokes but little reversal compared to Feint II.

Feint Soft:
Horizontal aligned, space between 2 pimples: 1.3mm.
Crater-like surfaced, 8 to 9
Test From: Jasper
Blade: Three Ball Allplayer (Similar to BTY Grubba ALL)
Sponge: 0.6mm
Classic LP for classic defense, reviewer uses it for active attack near the table and other forum members also do it (tatlwai). It's a grippy soft pip that needs active strokes for an effective game, as this LP have low spin reversal.
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... .php?t=621

Feint OX:

CHAMPION

Flash:

DAWEI

388D:
Horizontal aligned, space between 2 pimples: 1.2mm.
Smooth surfaced

388D1:
Test From: haggisv
Blade: Joola Cat
Sponge: 0.5mm
A true allround LP rubber, excellent control for defense and good for lifting chops near the table, good reversal but nothing spectacular, slower and less spinny than Saviga V.
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... .php?t=139

Saviga V:
Blade: Yasaka Balsa plus
Sponge: ¿?
Pretty similar to 388D1, but more capable at generating spin on it's own, good control rubber but reacts to spin. Easy to lift chops with it but hard to attack high no spin balls, requires precision on bat angles and hitting power.
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... .php?t=104

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DONIC

Alligator DEF:

Akkadi L1:

Akkadi L2:

Piranja FD Tec:

DOUBLE FISH

1615:
Pimples height/width : 1.5mm/1.8mm
Horizontal aligned, space between 2 pimples: 1mm.
Crater-like surfaced, 14 to 16
Blade: Nittaku Fine Touch Carbon
Sponge: 0.6mm
This one got me hooked on the end of the 2007/2008 season, as this pip plays very close to Feint I in terms of pip structure, but unfortunately construction quality isn't even near from the BTY. Generally speaking, this one is another allrounder with more reversal than average LPs and a very good dose of control, playing passive strokes gives you low floaters and weird balls depending on the incoming effect and active fast strokes gives you a high spin level thanks to this pips flex.

DHS

C8:
Crater-like surfaced, 9 to 11
Blade: BTY Matsushita Pro Model
Sponge: 1mm
Classic chinese LP with lots of control and possibilities depending on your skills. Low reversal on passive strokes, needs active play. Good for controlled attacks.

Cloud & Fog II:

Cloud & Fog III:

DR. NEUBAUER

Monster Classic:

Boomerang Classic:

FRIENDSHIP

755-2:

755:
Pimples height/width : 1.5mm/1.6mm
Smooth surfaced

837:
Crater-like surfaced, 4 to 6

GKI

Nano Sting:

GLOBE

979:
Pimples height/width : 1.6mm/1.5mm
Vertical aligned, space between 2 pimples: 1.2mm.
Crater-like surfaced, 12 to 14
Test From: RebornTTEvnglist
Blade: Galaxy K-3, T-2 & DHS Hurricane King
Sponge: 0.7mm
Stiff pips tubular shaped with decent reversal and good chop and attack possibilities. Red plays better. Black seemed to play more like a mid-pip than the red. Sensitivity to spin is slight to medium. Black seemed more able to create its own spin.

HALLMARK

Friction Super Special:

Phoenix:

Friction Special 2:

Frustration:
Horizontal aligned, space between 2 pimples: 1mm.
Pyramid-like surfaced, 23 to 25
Test From: Mathias
Blade: ¿?
Sponge: 1.5mm
Attacking pip, excels at punch blocks.
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... c.php?t=94

JAPTEC

DL-01:

JOOLA

Badman:
Tensor LP from Joola

Octopus:
Seems to be a P1-R clone so Chen Weixing can play with it, as he's sponsored by Joola. Some people claim it has harder pips.

JUIC

Leggy:
Vertical aligned, space between 2 pimples: 1.3mm.
Smooth surfaced
Test From: Mathias
Blade: Septear
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... c.php?t=70
Blade: Energy wood WRB
Sticky smooth surfaced pip, used for spin manipulation.
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... c.php?t=70
Resume: Sticky smooth surfaced pip, fast, good for handling no-spin balls and push rallies with fast chop & sidespin strokes. Used for spin manipulation.

KOKUTAKU

911:
Smooth surfaced hard pip, not too much reversal. Excels at attacking short-pip style.
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... .php?t=186

METEOR

8512:
Smooth surfaced (Kees states rough surfaced pips, but all 8512 sheet I've got were smooth, both versions attack and defensive)
Test From: Kees
Blade: Tibhar CO-S-3
Sponge: 0.5mm
It's a classic chinese LP for classic defense play, good control, low reversal, pretty insensitive to incoming spin.
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... .php?t=376

9012:

MILKY WAY

955:
Pimples height/width : 1.6mm/1.5mm
Pyramid-like surfaced, 6 to 8
Seems very similar to Neptune.

Neptune:
Test From: LawOCG
Blade: Stiga Allround CR
Neptune is a excellent allround Long pip. It has a nice solid feel to it. Its nether springy or dead, in my opinion just right. For those of you out there who are looking for a long pip that can do it all, the Neptune is it. For those who play on the extremes and use pips like Dr Neubauer...look elsewhere. Slightly sensitive to spin.
Link: http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/forum/v ... .php?t=623

NITTAKU

Moristo LP / One:

Screw / One:
Pimples height/width : 1.5mm/1mm
Smooth surfaced
Test From: hookshot
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... .php?t=295

PALIO

CK531A:
Smooth surfaced
Test From: mynamenotbob
Blade: Toni Hold White Spot
Seems to be a good replacement for frictionless LP, with a low learnig curve. Good for hitting and blocking and has good control. A little bit of spin-reversal against topspin, but not enough to rely on as a weapon. Could hit drop shots although I didn't try too many of these. Pretty good for attacking underspin, too.
Right in the game along with Insider, SavigaV and Neptune.

Link: http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/forum/v ... 5523#35523

PRASIDHA

1615: See Double Fish 1615, seems to be this rubber but with less quality control.

Long A:

STIGA

Destroyer: Seems to be a clone from DHS C8

TIBHAR

Grass Flex:

Grass Ultra:

Extra Long:

Grass:
Crater-like surfaced, 8 to 9

Grass D.Tecs:

TSP

Curl P1-R:
Pyramid-like surfaced, 16 to 18
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... .php?t=206
Resume: A quality allround to DEF LP used for spin variation game, not for beginners as this one reacts to incoming spin, it's very sensible to bat angles, good for sidespin chops, requires good positioning and active play

Curl P2:
Pimples height/width : 1.5mm/2mm
Vertical aligned, space between 2 pimples: 1.3mm.
Crater-like surface, 25 to 27
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... .php?t=216
Resume: It's an attacking LP, lots of control on blocks, plays like SP's on hits. Low spin reversal.

Curl P3:

Curl P3-Alpha:

TTMASTER

Fireproof:

Insider:

Swing Back IF:

XIOM

Guillotine-S:

XIYING

979: See Globe 979

XUSHAOFA

989 Yang:

YASAKA

Pantom 007:

Phantom 008:

Phantom 009:
Horizontal aligned
Smooth and tacky surfaced
Tacky LP attack oriented, with low reversal but capable of generating it's own spin like an inverted can do. Excellent control on all shots, hits like a SP, chops need arm speed to impart high spin to the ball, not for passive users.
Link: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... .php?t=175

Phantom 0011/0012 infinity:
Pimples height/width : 1.8mm/1.5mm
Crater-like surface, 9 to 11

Last edited by NiTTaKu on 14 Oct 2008, 19:55, edited 15 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008, 04:03 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

RESERVED FOR FUTURE AMPLIATION

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 16:33 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Am I allowed to post here?

Tis a grand plan.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 18:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes a great project idea... I've only just noticed it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 21:07 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

haggisv I've noticed your post recopilation at archives section but I thought it's a lil' bit hidden, so as ppl always ask in this section maybe it's more useful here, don't you think? I'll paste all the review links in each corresponding LP.

I've got some technical info about pips width, height and separation between pips, I'll also try to add this info to the post

Quote:
Am I allowed to post here?

Tis a grand plan.

Sure, Everyone can post here his impressions about certain pip and I'll add it to each one in the initial post to keep it visible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 00:06 

Blade: OSP Imune Pushblocker
FH: Yasaka Rakza Z
BH: DrNeubauer TroubleMaker
I've tried this week, the Armstrong Twister (Ox) on a Darker 7P-2A DF.

Caracteristics :
Pimples height/width : ~1.6mm/1.5mm
They are vertically aligned (not like most of others LPs), space between 2 pimples (vertically/horizontally : ~1.3mm/3.1mm)

It's a grippy LP (head of pimples like 837), the pimples are very flexible like Tibhar Grass D Tecs.
It's a awesome pimple for people who like to attack at the table. It easy to hit more than one times and provides floating balls which are difficult for your opponent. It's doesn't take too much effect against services.
Not bad for a defensive game but I don't think it's the better way to use it.

Conclusion :
I think it's a good pimple for people who likes Tibhar Grass D Tecs but think this one is too fast and with lack of control.
Armstrong Twister is slower and with more control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 03:07 
Mind Gamer Extraordinaire

there is a big load of information on LP on the PIPS-website http://www.pipfacts.info/ in the reviews section

Not really getting some of your specs: crater-like surface, 8 to 9

What's this supposed to mean? :scratch:

Tibhar IV-S - Donic Defplay SensoV3 - BTY Tackiness D/C - BTY Feint Soft - Meteor 813

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 04:45 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

Ok, you know a crater tends to have rounded walls, so this is a crater-like shaped pip. Other pips (pyramid style shape) have sharp edges instead of round ones, it's related to the surface shape. I was going to post some pics from different pips so you can see, but differences are tough to see on high density surfaced pips and I only have this class of pips :?. Anyway, let's have a look:

ImageImage
Pyramid surfaced pips (Kokutaku Long alpha, P1-R)

Crater surfaced pips (Double Fish 1615)

The second part (the numbers) refers to the number of protuberances, higher numbers mean more surfaced pips.

pips website reviews come from the forum, and all reviews are packed in the archives section of the forum but as I said, people tend to enter LP forum and just ask without searching in depth, so this post is like a "resume".

If any reviewer feels like my resume isn't accurate, please correct me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008, 18:47 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Wow you're doing a great job NiTTaKu! I have stickied the thread, hopefully people can still find it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 00:22 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I just found it...because its sticky LOL. And I agree, great job Nittaku.

I can add some commentary on Neptune, 979 and C8, but all but the 979 seem to have a bit already. I'd put up C7 as well, but they are more of a mid-pips (although they look long to me LOL).

On the 979, I'd say stiff pips tubular shaped with decent reversal and good chop and attack possibilities. Have used them on T2, K3 and HK primarily. I'd say played best on the T2. I used with a 0.7 sponge only. Have used black and red, red plays better IMO. Black seemed to play more like a mid-pip than the red. Sensitivity to spin is slight to medium. Black seemed more able to create its own spin.

On the Neptune, I would add sensitivity to spin is slight.

Congrats on putting this list together. I will be returning to it often to see how it grows.

As a suggestion, it might be worthwhile putting a price range on the rubbers as just an indicator for people as to whether its worthwhile hunting it down. In AUD would be the go with this being an Aussie site. Maybe have brackets like <$10, $10-$20, $20-30 and so on. What do you think?
Perhaps even a best/cheapest place to buy suggestion maybe with URL?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 00:36 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
NiTTaku, great job here.

Actually, I have noticed this thread when you first post it but I haven't done anything, sorry about that. Since I am the only one who uses Prasidha Long A the most (other than NotBob, ReBorn and now Monkey), I should post my findings on Long A , which I will but I have to do some research first. In time, I will put in my input on Long A, just be patient.

Tat

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 01:12 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
As a suggestion, it might be worthwhile putting a price range on the rubbers as just an indicator for people as to whether its worthwhile hunting it down. In AUD would be the go with this being an Aussie site. Maybe have brackets like <$10, $10-$20, $20-30 and so on. What do you think?
Perhaps even a best/cheapest place to buy suggestion maybe with URL?

Will be a lil' difficult for me, as I'm european, If any of the aussie users want to use this post as a base for another one with price estimation, he has my full agreement.

About C7, if you want to add a review I'll add it as I also have the pips data with me.

tatlwai wrote:
I should post my findings on Long A , which I will but I have to do some research first. In time, I will put in my input on Long A, just be patient.

Don't worry tat, we have all the time in the world :wink:

I'll navigate a lil' more in the forum searching for info about each rubber, as there is so much info scattered through posts but just tiny bits, so this will take some time. Now that I have some spare time, I can do it 8) I felt like I needed to give back something to this community

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 02:17 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi tatlwai,
We need the price for one sheet, not the huge quantities you buy. LOL :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 02:42 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
hookshot wrote:
Hi tatlwai,
We need the price for one sheet, not the huge quantities you buy. LOL :D

I have always made that kind of mistake, too hurry to do things, however, it is not all bad, I did make a super quick decision to marry my wife and have never regretted. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 02:50 

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi tatlwai,
That is the best deal in the world! :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max