OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 15:59 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
The wait is almost over. Has Dr. N. finally got it right?

Dr Neubauer ANTI SPECIAL

New ! Available as from 08 December 2008!

ANTI SPECIAL

I have been baptised ANTI and yes I am a real “Anti” in the true sense of being against many things, but furthermore and most of all I am SPECIAL.

- Am I ANTI Topspin ?
On the contrary I just love to return it loaded

- Am I ANTI backspin ?
Not at all, just bring it on

- Am I ANTI control ?
Why this, it is my speciality

- Am I ANTI long pimples ?
What is on your mind, we are like siblings

- Am I ANTI attack ?
Definitely not, sometimes I long for some proper workout

Don’t be ANTI either, just try me and adopt me

ANTI SPECIAL is distinctively slower than our current Anti-Spin rubbers 'Gorilla' and 'Grizzly' and offer a much better control. On top of that the rubber produces a very good spin reversal for a highly effective blocking game close to the table.

At the same time ANTI SPECIAL provides good attacking possibilities through aggressive pushing and lifting, especially on chopped balls.
ANTI SPECIAL comes with a new rubber formula for the topsheet and a new type of sponge. This way the rubber is quite similar to our old frictionless long pimpled rubbers.

ANTI SPECIAL is ITTF-homologated since October 2008 and is available as from 08 December 2008 with the following sponge thickness:
1.2mm
1.5mm
1.8mm

The versions with 1.2 and 1.5mm are most effective for short blocking close to the table. The version with 1.8mm even provides a better control. It is also very effective however it is even more suitable for attacking. All three sponge thicknesses also provide a good control and a lot of effectiveness while defending.

Category: Anti-Spin
Colours: red + black
Sponge: 1.2 - 1.5 - 1.8mm
Speed: 65
Control: 85
Disruptive effect: 100

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 19:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very nicely written description... most manufacturers could take an example from this... It does sound quite tempting.... Now comes the choice of sponge thickness... too many choices... I would expect the 1.5mm will be most popular, at least at the start...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 19:32 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I was told to get 1.2. Already ordered.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 19:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Hi MNNB: Do you know which sponge thickness plays the slowest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 02:08 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

antipip wrote:
Hi MNNB: Do you know which sponge thickness plays the slowest?

I believe 1.2 offers maximum spin-reversal and is the most dangerous. Normally with anti the thicker the rubber the slower. That would seem to be the case here also as the 1.8 is said to have better control. There are plenty of antis that offer good control, so to me huge spin reversal is the key attraction.

| My OOAK Interview

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 03:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Thanks MNNB: I read that about thicker sponge been slower here a lot. The only stuff i've tried in different sponge thicknesses was the joola Toni Hold and I found 2.5 to be quicker than 1.5. Also the Ellen (def and off) difference is off is thicker. I don't know if it differs in other ways though. I might start a thread to see how people here have found the same anti rubber in a different thickness plays.

I know the hallmark sponge is meant to be slower when thicker (Mirage, phoenix) as it is designed that way and the gorilla 1.8 sounds along that same design vein. (hallmark and Neubauer produced rubebrs together at 1 time I think). If i'm going to buy any i might have to e-mail him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 05:40 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

My name's Dingwol2 and I'm an EJ.

Need I say more?

I ordered it, 1.2 sponge on a new firewall blade (so I have spare!). Will glue a spare sheet of Tango Ultra to the f/h.

Will be fascinating to see how this performs. But I won't switch mid season - although I've said this before....!

Is there no cure for this terrible disease.... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 06:02 
The Twiddler

Let me know how you get on with it Richard as I've cancelled my order (mainly because all this changing of rubbers mid-season is doing me no favours at all!).

If I do get a sheet, I might put it in their Gladiator blade which Carsten assures me is the best combo....we'll see :)

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 17:19 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

The big question for me is what has the switch from frictionless done for my game?

I get far more credit for my wins now. Insider, albeit still low frictionm requires far greater touch against top spin than my old Scalpel. I have to react with the correct bat angle to return the heavy loops because of the added grip. I need more touch because its speed is greater. These are 2 areas of my game which have developed with Insider. The other major difference is I now no longer rely on safe blocking to win a tight situation - I go on the attack and use my forehand more and more. I have been complimented on my improved f/h this year by a number of people. But it hasn't improved - if anything, I think it's a little weaker because of my switch to a slightly slower blade - but I play it more and am now more balanced, rather than b/h biased.

So, if I find a new rubber (such as this Anti Special) to allow the old frictionless game - should I switch back as it could take my game backwards? I don't know the answer to this one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 18:07 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

dingwol2 wrote:
nk it's a little weaker because of my switch to a slightly slower blade - but I play it more and am now more balanced, rather than b/h biased.

So, if I find a new rubber (such as this Anti Special) to allow the old frictionless game - should I switch back as it could take my game backwards? I don't know the answer to this one!

well from my experience don't do it. Now is not the time to switch rubber. use what you have until the end of the season, then buy a load of stuff, test it, pick one, adapt to it etc etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 21:51 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

dingwol2 wrote:
if I find a new rubber (such as this Anti Special) to allow the old frictionless game - should I switch back as it could take my game backwards? I don't know the answer to this one!

For me, if the Dr. Neubauer Anti Special (or another anti) offers frictionless-like spin-reversal at a controllable speed, I would definitely go back. But I wouldn't see it as a step backwards. My game now revolves around trying to set up my forehand loop. I would still keep that attacking strategy, so I'd see these new innovations as a chance to push my game even further ahead.

| My OOAK Interview

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008, 04:20 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Apparently Dr. Neubauer had an Anti Special mounted on an ALL-rated Gladiator blade that some members of noppen-test were able to try out. According to them, Anti Special has an extremely smooth surface with a sponge that is quite slow and hard. Spin-reversal is supposed to be very good, perhaps slightly less than Inferno. Speed was compared to Juic Neo Anti. It was said to have good to very good control and is also supposed to be extremely light.

This could turn out to be very interesting.

| My OOAK Interview

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2008, 03:48 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

If it had the reversal of Inferno and the control of an anti- I might well go down the antitop route.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2008, 04:28 
The Twiddler

julian wrote:
dingwol2 wrote:
nk it's a little weaker because of my switch to a slightly slower blade - but I play it more and am now more balanced, rather than b/h biased.

well from my experience don't do it. Now is not the time to switch rubber. use what you have until the end of the season, then buy a load of stuff, test it, pick one, adapt to it etc etc

I agree with Julian, I wouldn't change mid-season Richard. The same has happened to me and as you know, I've got back to the Insider now because I've messed about too much with the anti rubbers.

If the Anti Special is a similar speed to Juic Neo Anti, then it's going to be too fast for me (I think). What I've decided to do is just play the rest of the season out with the Insider and try to forget about playing with anything else (hard I know, especially for an EJ :lol:). Then I'll see what the situation is at the end of the season regarding Insider. Hopefully they won't ban it and I'll be able to continue, but if it is banned, then I'll have to change to something else and this would be the perfect time to try out some of the good doctors products.

Don't forget, by next March, the A.B.S. will be available as well, which is meant to be the slower of the two rubbers, so that may well be the one to go for.

Stick with the Insider as you're playing so well with it and see what happens at the end of the season :)

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2008, 06:16 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

We're not lucky enough to have leagues in most of the USA like the rest of the civilized world, but from my experience in tournament competition it's absolutely a mistake to expect to do well with even a fantastically good rubber you're not used to. Probably normally takes one to three months to get match ready, but former frictionless players might be able to fast track that some in this case. If Anti Special is everything they say it is, it has to be better than anything available for an at-the-table blocking game. It's shipping this week, so we'll know soon.

| My OOAK Interview

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next