OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Tangoing on the Cayman!
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2008, 23:22 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
What a name for a movie! But no its a TT setup and one I trying out right now. Its very light, like my new T8 setup. In fact its 1gram lighter then T8 at 145.6. It also has ck531a on the BH. The power of the Cayman is quite a lot more than I expected. In fact with the lightness of the setup I am quite surprise the punch that it packs with Tango on it. The palio acts beautifully off it. Very easy to punch and drive from the BH. Very nice to loop drive off the FH. A little thicker than I'm used to, but I really like the feel of the blade. I get the feeling I like the Tango better on the Cayman, than I do on the HK. I just hope when I put the Omega II on the HK that it outperforms this or the HK might find itself in the drawer :o :shock:

Anyway, this is all only up against the training board still, but with my oard modifications I am getting a bit more realistic training now I think.

All I know is I have 3 quality setups that go beyond any of the others I have. And they will be fighting each other to win centre stage!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 14:07 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

It sounds like your getting closer to the holy grail... Hope you love the Donic Cayman and using OX rubber as much as I do... The weight on it must be ridiculously light!!!!

Tango is soft and Cayman is soft, as for me I don't like it in the past, and often suited the Cayman with harder sponged rubbers like chinese rubber.

Monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 14:59 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Since your tango works better on the cayman than the HK, send me your HK. :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 15:04 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Reb sounds good but i dont like that part " HK in the draw :evil: "

Silver I think you will have to buy one LOL :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 15:43 
Super User

purger wrote:
Reb sounds good but i dont like that part " HK in the draw :evil: "

I'll believe that when I see it. Next he'll be telling us that he loves single ply blades best of all. :roll:

Of course, that will occur right after Speedy tells us he's giving up anti for double inverted...

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 17:00 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Hey since your giving out freebies Reborn, that T8 of yours can be thrown my way :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 23:11 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

metal monkey wrote:
Hey since your giving out freebies Reborn, that T8 of yours can be thrown my way :lol:

Freebies?!! :shock: *cuddles HK, T8 and Cayman close to chest*

Who mentioned freebies? Not me! I told Silver he could come down and TRY the HK, but its not leaving my sight!!! :twisted:

The crack about the HK in the drawer was only IF Omega didn't perform on it. I am pretty sure it will or Purger has lead me astray! :wink: And I don't think he's the type of bloke to do that. It is a worry I'm liking the feel of bats less than 150g though. :o :o :shock:

Tango on Cayman doesn't feel TO soft Monkey. Its kinda nice! In fact as I said, it feels nicer than on HK even.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2008, 12:19 
I am Legend
I am Legend

If you send it to me, I could take a photo of it once an hour so it never leaves your sight...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2008, 14:29 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Silver wrote:
If you send it to me, I could take a photo of it once an hour so it never leaves your sight...

I got a better idea... send me your DSLR and I will take a pic every hour and you can enjoy my HK without it ever "physically" leaving my sight.

That way I won't miss it while its in transit. :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2008, 21:37 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I had my first real hit with this setup tonight. A mate came around and we hit for a couple of hours. So the Cayman and the T8 both got "real-time" work outs. The Cayman with the Tango and the Palio on board were just as good to play with as hitting against the training board. The control with the BH off the palio was superb. I felt like I could just unleash BH drives at will and they were landing with buzzing speed. The FH with the Tango was also good, but with the limited space at my place a big wind-up FH is harder to do than the compactness of my BH drive. As a close setup though I found this to have plenty of power, nice control and feel. My mate plays at my previous club and his game has improved since I used to play him there. However, his ability to handle serves hasn't lol. We had a few games and I used the Cayman first and beat him 11-1 and 11-2. With the T8 I beat him 11-7 and 13-11. So I think its safe to say that the control was with the Cayman over the T8 setup (palio and Rapid Soft). I would say though, I really do like the Rapid Soft on the T8 for spinny loops. Puts a lot of pressure on the opponent return or evades the bat altogether with some sidespin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2008, 22:53 
I am Legend
I am Legend

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Silver wrote:

I got a better idea... send me your DSLR and I will take a pic every hour and you can enjoy my HK without it ever "physically" leaving my sight.

That way I won't miss it while its in transit. :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, if you send me your HK, I'll send you my dslr...

...which doesn't actually exist anymore :P

Maybe I can convince JC to send you his...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2008, 23:12 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

What happened to your DSLR? You sell it? What are you taking pics with now then?

Tell you what, drop $300 (just for security of course) into my Paypal account and I'll send you my HK! If you like it, you can send it back to me, and you can then buy one when I release your deposit! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 06:26 
I am Legend
I am Legend

a disposable camera.

I'll send you that instead hey?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2008, 13:46 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

You make an excellent argument Slip!

But, I haven't finished with the T8...just yet :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2009, 22:37 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I managed to have a decent hit with this Cayman setup today against Mars63 and I was very impressed with how it performed. Now Mars is way above my standard and we didn't play any games as there is simply no point, or at least I would win very few points lol.

Using the Cayman was very nice on the FH with the Tango. I hit the odd well placed smash past Mars, but when he decided to go back off the table, it became exceedingly difficult to get it past him. The Tango coming off the Cayman's balsa provided a good deal of power, and would easily pass anyone from around my level. Mars, however, was either chopping them back and giving me a very curly next shot to play, or lobbing it back with a twist of his wrist to give what he called "that little extra to deal with", which weren't as hard as his chops to deal with, but weren't always a straight-forward smash back either. When I placed the smash really short and wide in his FH court I could get past him, but anything down the middle came back and landed with uncanny frequency. I did manage to send back the odd troubling shot off the pips, but nowhere near as many as he put away of them. Still, the way Mars sends down a serve leaves you popping so many up that he had printed invites for smash aways. I don't think he was al that happy with the number he was missing though, so perhaps the pips were giving him more trouble than he or I realised. :twisted:

The setup being so light, I noticed two things. I could get a lot more action on the ball on the serves Mars was teaching me (if I could serve as well as him I think I could play low A grade with almost no other adjustments to my game). And the second thing was that I could really move the bat around and maneuvre it easily to get to the ball and have a decent angle on it. He left me with a lot of things to think about on my serve, although this second session with him has helped clear up what it is I need to practice in the basics.

The only thing I was unhappy about is trying to do the stuff Mars was teaching me lead me to clonk the table a few times and now my Tango has a chip out of it. :cry: Oh well, it had to happen I guess. If I win more of my serves next season it will be worth it.