OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 03:01 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Yes that would concur with my experience of an old set of Schildkrot rubbers that I described here : http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... &start=105

The blade they invented to go with the rubbers had some amazing characteristics too. It had fibre layers infused with the mysterious rubber compound and when the two compounds were projected against each other being hit with a TT ball they helped reduce the power enough to be manageable apparently. But when I scraped away the Schildkrot rubber away from the blade and put ordinary rubbers on (it was Palio Hadou I believe, which was a pretty slow rubber). The Palio on the Schildkrot blade though made them amazingly fast rubbers. The only trouble was without the compensating rubber forces normal rubbers only last about 2 or 3 sessions of play at best and they're actually scorched. I put an LP on one side of the blade which I believe helped slow things down. But it doesn't do well against topspin because the reversal is just so pronounced. However against chop, man do those balls bend down on the table.

I still have scars on my hands from handling that blade so much though. The handle is specially treated, otherwise it'd be impossible to play with. It would just burn too much. :twisted:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 03:30 

hey guys...
is the Schildkröt equipment costly...
is it rare to find???
i googled it and found very little info...
give me some links...

and is it really fast...
or are u guys joking...

but can u give me a ling to were i can see these rubbers....
is this one...
http://www.stadia-sports.co.uk/products ... -reversed/

but this is damn cheap...
how can it be so damn fast...

correct me if im wrong...

Last edited by sachitgul on 04 Jan 2009, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 03:40 

is this a Schildkröt....

http://www.milletsports.co.uk/productmore.php?pid=25561

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 06:35 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
No, that is the platinum series endorsed by the champ Waldner himself and the legendary M. Sied, who seems to have been in on the initial stages of the delvelopment phase. It is fast enough in its own right, but it is not one of the über top secret experimental reseach models we sometimes talk about. Maybe some of us forumers get together to compare note, then we release what we think is the real deal. Details are kinda mythical, but one thing is common to everyone - they all say it is WAY to fast for humans, well at most of 'em anyway.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 15:02 

but still show me some links....
wat are the Schildkröt level 900 attack or the level 1000 attack....????
is this the real Schildkröt equipment???

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 15:40 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I think the Schildkrot link you put up is a cheap copy that has none of the features of the real thing except hanging on the name (and then that only works on those tat think they know Schildkrot). I will have to find the pics of the real deal one I handled, if they haven't over-exposed by now.

The real schildkrot if you find one, won't be much more expensive and will be second hand (because they don't make the real deal anymore). The reason it will be cheap is because most people won't recognise what they have and will just be trying to offload an unplayable bat. Don't forget these were released in a very limited way through a black market. There was perhaps only a few hundred at best ever (an estimate as no-one really knows) made their way out from behind the iron curtain.

Very occasionally one pops up on E-bay, but they won't go for much as no-one recognises the name as being any good. I hear the is a secret Schildkrot society that operates in China among the pros over there. They've managed to collect a handful of Schildkrot bats and they meet in the cloke and dagger sort of setup and play each other using these bats. I don't know if this is really true or not, but it came through a friend of a friend of a friend who went to China and had someone there take him blindfolded into this warehouse-like place where they had about 20 tables to watch some amazing TT. He said quite a few tables had holes in them where balls had hit so hard they had eventually punched a hole in a common hitting spots. I wasn't told any player names because it was too dangerous for the guy that went there, but apparently he had recognised some really "BIG" players in the mix. I think we're talking top 5 guys, but its only my guess.

I never got to even have a hit with the Schildkrot I helped fix up, but it was an honour just to look at this legendary blade. Without word of a lie, when I switched the lights out, it glowed with a shimmer of red. I offered the old guy a brand new blade and rubbers in exchange for his Schildkrot, but he was NOT parting with that blade for love nor money.
When I've seen him play with it, I understand why. The old man plays it like it was a musical instrument he studied for decades. He makes opponents dance to his tune.

If you find a "real" Schildkrot, pay whatever they ask. It'll be worth it. By the way, there will be no "links" to the blade, as it was supposed to have never existed, if you know what I mean.
:wink:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 17:16 
Super User

who among top 2 hundred players plays with Schildkrot ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 21:01 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

None...that admit to it!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 21:43 
Super User

Quote:
I never got to even have a hit with the Schildkrot I helped fix up, but it was an honour just to look at this legendary blade. Without word of a lie, when I switched the lights out, it glowed with a shimmer of red. I offered the old guy a brand new blade and rubbers in exchange for his Schildkrot, but he was NOT parting with that blade for love nor money.
When I've seen him play with it, I understand why. The old man plays it like it was a musical instrument he studied for decades. He makes opponents dance to his tune.

You are correct Reb, the Schildkrot blades where just normal blades when they were first made. The Chinese had ordered about 100 of them for their national team in early 1986. They were made in Germany and were sent by truck through Ukraine. The truck passed through Ukraine a few days after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster and were radiated. That is why they glow red in the dark. The radiations reacted with the glue used to stick the wood plies together and made the top layer go red. This also explains why they are such a powerful blade, every time the ball hits the blade a small nuclear reaction takes place and channels nuclear energy into the ball, sending it off like a rocket.

The Schildkrot rubber are also derived from nuclear materials and that is the reason why they were used to fuel rockets. They leave tensors in the dust... and these rubbers last forever.

Reb, you have to use the Schildkrot rubbers with the blade otherwise, as you have already noticed, if you use normal rubbers they won't last long. The nuclear energy will shred them to pieces in no time. Even though the shots will be powerful the rubber won't last long.

Don't ask me too many details because I am not a scientist, but the for the optimum setup you need the Schildkrot rubber and blade combination. Finding them is hard. You might have more luck finding the blade because you can ask the seller if it glows in the dark. But if you find the blade and can't find the rubbers you will be waisting your time because normal rubbers won't last long on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009, 23:39 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Thanks Ben, there's some facts in there that I wasn't aware of. I learn more about Schildkrot every time its talked about. Actually, when I think about it, I have a feeling too much has been said on this forum already by too many people with loose lips (including me :oops: ) if you know what I mean? The walls have ears and the sniffers are probably still trained on the net looking to recover the "black market" equipment.

Mod, do you think it would be better if we just deleted this entire thread to protect everyone (including me :oops:) who has knowledge of any possible whereabouts of these blades? I'd really like to post the pic of the one I had in my possession first though. Its freaky to see!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009, 00:32 
HE-LP on land or sea

The chat pierside is that the Navy confiscated 50 Schildkrot 900s and are using it power the USS George Washington!

Yasaka YEO
FH : Nittaku H3 Neo
BH : VEGA PRO MAX
Go Chicago White Sox!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009, 00:38 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

OK, here it is. Its taken me ages to find these pics and even longer to upload them. It kept on failing...spooky. I finally got 'em here though.

This is the "real deal" Schildkrot legendary blade in the flesh. As you can see I had mega trouble "skinning" this cat. Those rubbers were trouble with a capital T. In the photo of the blade as I was chipping away at it, you can see the red glowing blade face. It was impossible to get a pic that showed just how it glowed in the dark, so this flash shot was the best I could do. But to give you an idea, in complete darkness the red face of the blade could be just made out with the faintest of glows, and the "white wood" in the middle had this eerie sort of yellow-ish tone just visible against the red. Don't know if you can imagine it from the pics, but there you go. If you ever lay your hands on one of these, hold onto it! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009, 00:41 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

rmaxwellusn wrote:
The chat pierside is that the Navy confiscated 50 Schildkrot 900s and are using it power the USS George Washington!

Hahaha! Well the 900's won't power a lamp! They have no special characteristic! Typical US Government staffers to get the wrong end of the stick...or blade in this case! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I somehow doubt these blades would have enough nukes in them to power anything much other than a TT ball though really. But boy do they power a TT ball! :roll: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009, 05:45 

Schildkröt Bat Review: The 900

Where can one start in reviewing this ultra secret and über schnell OFF +++++ effort from the folks bearing the badge of the fearsome turtle. The 900 model is shrouded in secrecy and myth throughout each stage of research, development and secret underhanded under the table distribution. It is an enigma of top high end powerful speed and fleeting control. The goal was to suddenly and dramatically change the image of the firm while entrenching itself as THE defacto supplier of pro level equipment, thus ensuring the rest of the TT EJs (Like Speedplay and such) would buy the stuff like there is no tomorrow. You see, Schildkröt had been making all these slow crappy premade paddles pimped by famous TT champions that were so slow, that some of their models were bought up by NASA for research of Black Hole properties. They simply had to do SOMETHING to shed their real core identity.

No one really knows exactly where the initial design and research took place, but my guess it that an insider from Area 51 (The ultra-high security and secret place where the US Govt harbors all captured UFOs and Aliens) (Hey, you all knew that anyway – you all watched the X-Files, but you know, some people (like me) are entirely uncivilized savages who don’t watch much television) snuck his TT mate inside the compound to conduct his tests in relative safety from outside visibility/accountability. (No one would sue him if his tests injured a few aliens, eh mate?)

Research, development and testing took several years. Schildkröt wanted to get this one right. They wanted a bat so fast, it would blow by everything on the market by the most astounding of margins and catch the eyes of the pros to make them salivate. The researchers used every material known to man and had to invent several of them along the way. Out of the hundreds of combinations tried out, the staff settled on Titanium, Enriched Uranium, Fastidium Weave ™ (one of the materials they invented), and a newly discovered treatment to stiffen steel to make up the 15 % foreign material inserted into the Hinoki wood. That is the stuff of the blade. It came in weighing a negative 1342 grams! How did they do that? Well, we really don’t know, but it might have something to do with all those free electrons constantly being shot out of the Uranium core and also possibly due to some alien new life geometrics driven geometry. (They did that Area 51 for sure) For the rubbers, they simply combined the source of Bryce rubber molecules with skin grafts of Aliens hatched from unused stem cells, all processed slowly in a small scale nuclear reactor.

For the testing phase, they brought in several expensive BTY Amiscus robots to feed the balls. That was a bad move as the test player (someone named Steve Somethingortheother) ricocheted the balls off the table at 12,000 kph and busted several of the machines straight off. They should have stuck with Newgby. They come much less expensive and the supplier was much closer. This experienced caused the staff to require all participants in the testing phase to wear cumbersome Personal Protective Gear, like lead underwear, Integrated Ballistic Armour vests, Oakley eyewear (Hey it looks cool and the military uses it), Radioactive gloves (to counteract the radiation from the blade/rubber), and new generation Kevlar woven bandanas which look cooler than the ones worn by Speedplay. (Hey, it was for their own safety for crying out loud) The test participants had to undergo rigorous physical training to meet the physical demands of both the PPE and the 900. They ended up going through Army and Marine Boot Camp, Special Forces, Airborne, Pathfinder, Navy SEALs, and Delta Force training just to be available for two weeks each of testing. That is the longest any of them lasted. Jack Bauer expressed interest in the project, but a sudden 24 hour national crisis took his immediate attention.

Now the staff finalized their product, but had to figure out how to slip these Titans of TT bats to the Chinese team. The solution they came up with involved packaging them as ordinary pre-made bats. The CTTA was advised to look for the 900 on the cover typed in Courrier font, instead of the normal Donic print. The Chinese team got a hold of 5 of these bats and had their rising players take turns using it. Details are not so definite, but it is rumored that the high radiation made it through the CTTA approved PPE suits and ruined the careers of over a dozen promising players. Balls hit out also caused 8 eye injuries to provincial coaches standing to close to the court. Their ballistic eyewear apparently wasn’t up to standard. That was both a curse and a blessing. A curse for those in hope, and a blessing to the established players on the National team – they had a dozen less top stars at their heals for a spot on the team, thus giving Ma Lin and WLQ a shot at Olympic Glory. The president of the CTTA kindly asked Schildkröt to call off the project and arranged compensation to Schildkröt through a lucrative manufacturing agreement.

It is rumored that Schildkröt failed to successfully recall all of the 50 production bats in circulation. So, be careful out there when you break out a 100, 300, or 900 series Schildkröt ™ bat. Be on guard for the symptoms. The sure thing to look for is the sonic boom and the caved-in wall on the other side of the gym after you hit your first powerloop. Schildkröt wanted to get everyone to “Fear the Turtle” and I think they may have succeeded in ways they never intended.

So, if you are around a TT hall somewhere in the world and hear an over 40 gent wearing something like a futuristic cross between a Hazmat suit and advanced Riot Police Gear tell his opponent that he had better "Fear the Turtle" if he knows what is for his own good, then you should immediately evacuate the building. Winning the matches is not worth being in the hot zone of the collateral damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009, 07:25 

Hey Speedplay, how about a long history of its technical development?

I have not yet made the artical about the Speed/Spin/Playing Charictaristics of it yet. I will make one real soon though. I still gotta get one more piece of PPE and a Bionic Arm before I can do a quick test. I meet all the other requirements for testing.

Detailed standard format review to follow...