OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 02 May 2024, 12:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009, 23:20 
A Beautiful Brain

Well after gluing the rubber to a blade you want to be fairly sure you don't want to remove it...the sheet is like cardboard and does not bend even the amount needed for rubber removal without wrinkles forming on the playing surface...so bcbcbc I see exactly what you mean...the crease that would have formed on folding the rubber would be very hard to remove...heat or no heat

fosss

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 01:20 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Nice to see you back again Foss. Sounds like you are heading down the anti path and away from the pips huh?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 04:05 

had my first session with anti special on 1.2 sponge using barricade defence blade with domination on 2mm sponge on forehand.
played against a left handed looper who uses grizzly on his backhand.
the anti special is nearly as slow as super block but is reliable and handles all spin well, good reversal for an anti.it isnt as slow as my th new40 ox but not far off.but thats on a doctored barricade blade to slow it down even more.
i am confident enough to play a league match tommorrow with the anti special,at least the doc is on the right path now,dont tell adam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 05:45 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

> don't tell adham

I think that is the number one problem that this a continual game of 'cat and mouse' between Neubauer and the ITTF.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 07:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
bigsambw wrote:
had my first session with anti special on 1.2 sponge using barricade defence blade with domination on 2mm sponge on forehand.
played against a left handed looper who uses grizzly on his backhand.
the anti special is nearly as slow as super block but is reliable and handles all spin well, good reversal for an anti.it isnt as slow as my th new40 ox but not far off.but thats on a doctored barricade blade to slow it down even more.
i am confident enough to play a league match tommorrow with the anti special,at least the doc is on the right path now,dont tell adam.

Sounds good bigsambw! Yep I agree, lets not tell Adham :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 08:57 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
ROFL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 11:08 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

:sign5: :laughing5:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 13:47 
A Beautiful Brain

Hi Reb...Yep!...so far I do like the AS rubber 'cause its so like my tricked up Butterfly Super Anti that they could be twins from the same egg!!...I could have made a fortune and sold the Dr. my formula for the rubber I've been practicing with for 6 months...he always wanted a good anti to sell but couldn't make one since the ban until now...

@ Speedplay...Wisdom??? whats that??lol...

fosss

BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 14:22 
A Beautiful Brain

Hello...

I have not been fully keeping up with things re the Dr's rubbers so i am a bit in the dark about how much is in jest, but I've been reading about all this fear that the AS will be banned...

However I cant see why this should happen because the rubber has been presented to the ITTF to be homologated in every aspect, and you can bet they went over it with a fine tooth comb before they made the decision to OK it...and surely the Dr has not changed it since then...

fosss

BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 22:50 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Sure it is currently legal. However it depends on a loop-hole in the ITTF frictionless ruling which only applies to pips. The ITTF only need apply the 25mn to all rubbers and it will be banned. The framework for deciding the frictionless coefficient is already there and AS sounds like it is below it.

ITTF has been in overdrive recently with bans and suspensions from its approval list.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 23:17 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

If the ITTF is going to ban the good Dr. And his new antis. How will that affect BTY super anti? What is the diff between them? Does the other antis come under the 25n scale? Is big as BTY is, and as big a fit they would through. I really don't think they (ITTF) will mess with it. Too many companies have anti where Halmark and the Dr. were the only one with frictionless that were worth a damn. I think the ITTF is pretty much stuck.

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 23:56 

Hi, guys

I've committed to the dark side for about 2 years, and had initially contented with my Dr.N Inferno ox on BH, Pistol 2.2 FH, on a Dr N Special Blade.

After the frictionless pimple ban, I've tried Neptune, Palio, Phoenix, and finally settled with Insider ox for the past 3 months.

Being attracted to your threads, I had just acquired the Dr N AS 1.2, and quickly gave it a bang on my Dr. N Special blade.

To my great disappointment , my coach gave a strict kill after returning his 1st loop, whereas I could normally return 5 to 6 loops with Insider. He remarked that the AS was ""toothless"".

Suddenly I was dawned by ChrisBuer's thread that he tried a ""stiffer"" blade. Then I borrowed a TSP Taksim (carbon & acrylate) from a friend and gave AS another try.

OH. my God ! The change was drastic. Immediately , the old Frictionless LP style came back. My coach, who guided me throughout my darkside years, remarked that the spin reversal was nearly 70 - 80 % of my previous Inferno. He thought this was the closest rubber to Frictionless that I had tried after the ban.

Another very STRANGE phenomenon. Normally, no matter how one return with LP, it will be some sort of top spin if your opponent feed you a backspin. I did get topspin if I flick a backspin. BUT, if I tried short chop block or side swipe, it will produce a backspin when returning a backspin. My coach commented this was very extraordinary.

Did any other guys had similar experience ?

Also, my coach advised me to get s very hard blade, which I will like to seek all your expert advice.

I like to have an oversize blade ( so that I do not have to trim my Pistol ). It seems Dr. N had recommended his Gladiator, but it is a normal size. Also Bty Sardius seems very hard, but also its normal size. I read somebody had mentioned Rendler, but I found the website was in German which I could not comprehend. Also I had read about some Ulmo blades with oversize, but had no idea.

Please advice

from Insider OX to Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009, 01:22 
The Twiddler

Hi Shrink,

Glad that you found my thread useful. I've only tried the Anti Special on a couple of blades (the Dr N. Special and my Andro ALL+ blade) but it certainly does seem to play better on a stiffer blade.

Regarding which blade to try it on, I'm not entirely sure what sort of blade to recommend as I don't know if you're game style. My defensive blade that I use is pretty stiff but I've not tried Anti Special with it, so I can't pass any comment on it. However I would imagine any non-balsa wood blade would work well. Therefore I would look at some decent controlled All Round blades that do not have balsa cores. You will also need to keep the speed down otherwise blocking will become more difficult which is why I'd go for either a stiff non-balsa defensive blade or a slower All Round blade.

Anyway, check out my review of the Best of Five blade here, you might like it :) - http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/forum/v ... php?t=5420

I don't know what type of blade the Gladiator is, but this is the same blade that Dr N. recommended to me. I would give it a go, but I'm a reformed EJ and now that I have a blade that I love, I'm not going to be changing anything now :)

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009, 05:03 

ChrisBuer wrote:

... but I'm a reformed EJ and now that I have a blade that I love, I'm not going to be changing anything now :)

:lol:

----------------------

I'm playing with a 2.5TSP Balsa, and I would have to say that I am pretty comfotable with it. But I am intrigued by the possibilty of more effect from a stiffer blade - something that you have experienced with the Insider.

What would be considered the stiffest but slowest blade? If it came to a compromise then I would take lack of speed over a marginal increase in effect.

More Classic than Modern Defender

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 00:48 

tried as last night in league match, got slaughtered in all 3, 2 of the players i used to beat with super block. not downhearted yet but the effect is good for anti rubber but nowhere near super block yet. the problem is not getting enough set up balls for my forehand as i did with sb.
more practice time needed yet, there is no way this rubber should be banned as its a lot easier to play against than sb.
it is good against all spins and is controllable,hits well too but twiddling is needed to fool the better player.
will try a little longer with my set up (slow blade) before i experiment with non balsa blades possibly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next