OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 08:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
mdjenders wrote:
I was proud to be one of the original Schildkrot researchers at DTTW, however after that famous episode, I came home one night to find my apartment ransacked and a strange intruder, skinny bald guy with British accent, bashed me over the head. The next thing I remember, I was locked in some kind of laboratory strapped to a gurney, and I couldn't remember anything I had researched about Schildkrot bats. I think they have some sort of mind altering research going on there, probably use it to train robotic champions as well as take care of people who dig too much like I did.

I saw the familiar turtle logo on the walls and immediately knew what was going on, and I feared that maybe they would just use me as testing fodder for a new deadly bat, however luckily I was able to grab one of their hobby bats off the table and use the inherent radioactive energy to burn through my shackles and escape.

Heed my warnings and tread lightly fellow Schildkrot fans! :wink:

Wow I have not heard that before, thanks for the warning!

I guess we should not be surprised if this thread suddenly disappears either :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 08:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Tommy Lee wrote:
Well I dont want to promise this or anything but there have been rumours of a new schildkrot bat being put together in the secret laboratories right now that is so fast and spinny that the ball is said to take the colour off the table and be able to go straight through the net at full force it can also leave a permenant red ball mark on your opponents if contact is made with there skin! But I really can't see this new super Schildkrot bat passing any enez tests? :x

Can't wait... the spies have been released... watch this space for the latest news 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 13:53 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I like the way this thread has developed with some of the truth and some of the skuttlebutt to keep outsiders enough in the dark to know what is truth and what is not. Its a very clever tactic, and I think it may just be diversionary enough to have the spies fed with misinformation too!

The word I've now heard is that Butterfly has cottoned on to the Schildkrot series and is not happy they haven't gotten something on the market that competes. Apparently what they are trying to develop is a material that is heavily sun-radiated, figuring the radiation in the Schidkrot cannot be as powerful as that from the sun. But of course, the suns rays here on earth are nowhere near powerful enough, so they are going to launch a space-probe to shoot around the sun. The probe will be laiden with the energy soaking material that will be used in making their Schildkrot competing blades and rubbers. They may just be onto something here too. I don't think there has been any marketing stuff put around this yet. In fact I think Butterfly R&D has deliberately been keeping it under wraps from the Bty marketing dept. because they know they would want to make a press release too soon and could blow the whole thing. I only found out myself because I have a mate working on this inside who is fearful for his life and wanted someone on the outside knowing what was going on. He has already had his apartment bugged he thinks, and he's pretty sure they have traces on his phone and mobile. He races pidgeon's as a hobby and sent me a note via one of his birds carrying it. That's how sensitive this stuff is.

I probably should have changed the name of the company involved here, but who's to say I didn't? Or maybe I left it the real one as n-one would suspect I'd use that! This world of cloak and dagger is just too much. I never realised TT could be so dangerous and competitive! Oh hang on, yes I did! I see it every Tuesday night! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 13:55 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Did anyone ever use a schildkrot JM Vmax blade?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 15:55 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
That's a good point Silver.

Can anyone post a pic or three of their Personal Protective Gear they used for the 900?

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 05:56 
Heavy Looper

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 18:17 

Hey U Guyz... YES, Good Scheize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2009, 03:01 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

OMG that poor guy, look how deformed it made his body too! He obviously didn't wear strong enough PPE!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2009, 17:38 

May I know where can I buy the original radiated blade?
Isn't it dangerous if we play with radiated blades?
Is there any effect if we play with this blade?
Thanks for any info :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2009, 17:43 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

peter79 wrote:
May I know where can I buy the original radiated blade?

On the black market at your own risk Peter! You'll be very lucky to find one

Isn't it dangerous if we play with radiated blades?

Yes very, that's why the special PPE is required.

Is there any effect if we play with this blade?

There sure is. Injury effects mostly!

Thanks for any info :D

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2011, 14:40 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

So Silver is close enough to God that ue can use a model100?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2011, 23:59 

Der_Echte wrote:
Schildkröt Bat Review: The 900

Where can one start in reviewing this ultra secret and über schnell OFF +++++ effort from the folks bearing the badge of the fearsome turtle. The 900 model is shrouded in secrecy and myth throughout each stage of research, development and secret underhanded under the table distribution. It is an enigma of top high end powerful speed and fleeting control. The goal was to suddenly and dramatically change the image of the firm while entrenching itself as THE defacto supplier of pro level equipment, thus ensuring the rest of the TT EJs (Like Speedplay and such) would buy the stuff like there is no tomorrow. You see, Schildkröt had been making all these slow crappy premade paddles pimped by famous TT champions that were so slow, that some of their models were bought up by NASA for research of Black Hole properties. They simply had to do SOMETHING to shed their real core identity.

No one really knows exactly where the initial design and research took place, but my guess it that an insider from Area 51 (The ultra-high security and secret place where the US Govt harbors all captured UFOs and Aliens) (Hey, you all knew that anyway – you all watched the X-Files, but you know, some people (like me) are entirely uncivilized savages who don’t watch much television) snuck his TT mate inside the compound to conduct his tests in relative safety from outside visibility/accountability. (No one would sue him if his tests injured a few aliens, eh mate?)

Research, development and testing took several years. Schildkröt wanted to get this one right. They wanted a bat so fast, it would blow by everything on the market by the most astounding of margins and catch the eyes of the pros to make them salivate. The researchers used every material known to man and had to invent several of them along the way. Out of the hundreds of combinations tried out, the staff settled on Titanium, Enriched Uranium, Fastidium Weave ™ (one of the materials they invented), and a newly discovered treatment to stiffen steel to make up the 15 % foreign material inserted into the Hinoki wood. That is the stuff of the blade. It came in weighing a negative 1342 grams! How did they do that? Well, we really don’t know, but it might have something to do with all those free electrons constantly being shot out of the Uranium core and also possibly due to some alien new life geometrics driven geometry. (They did that Area 51 for sure) For the rubbers, they simply combined the source of Bryce rubber molecules with skin grafts of Aliens hatched from unused stem cells, all processed slowly in a small scale nuclear reactor.

For the testing phase, they brought in several expensive BTY Amiscus robots to feed the balls. That was a bad move as the test player (someone named Steve Somethingortheother) ricocheted the balls off the table at 12,000 kph and busted several of the machines straight off. They should have stuck with Newgby. They come much less expensive and the supplier was much closer. This experienced caused the staff to require all participants in the testing phase to wear cumbersome Personal Protective Gear, like lead underwear, Integrated Ballistic Armour vests, Oakley eyewear (Hey it looks cool and the military uses it), Radioactive gloves (to counteract the radiation from the blade/rubber), and new generation Kevlar woven bandanas which look cooler than the ones worn by Speedplay. (Hey, it was for their own safety for crying out loud) The test participants had to undergo rigorous physical training to meet the physical demands of both the PPE and the 900. They ended up going through Army and Marine Boot Camp, Special Forces, Airborne, Pathfinder, Navy SEALs, and Delta Force training just to be available for two weeks each of testing. That is the longest any of them lasted. Jack Bauer expressed interest in the project, but a sudden 24 hour national crisis took his immediate attention.

Now the staff finalized their product, but had to figure out how to slip these Titans of TT bats to the Chinese team. The solution they came up with involved packaging them as ordinary pre-made bats. The CTTA was advised to look for the 900 on the cover typed in Courrier font, instead of the normal Donic print. The Chinese team got a hold of 5 of these bats and had their rising players take turns using it. Details are not so definite, but it is rumored that the high radiation made it through the CTTA approved PPE suits and ruined the careers of over a dozen promising players. Balls hit out also caused 8 eye injuries to provincial coaches standing to close to the court. Their ballistic eyewear apparently wasn’t up to standard. That was both a curse and a blessing. A curse for those in hope, and a blessing to the established players on the National team – they had a dozen less top stars at their heals for a spot on the team, thus giving Ma Lin and WLQ a shot at Olympic Glory. The president of the CTTA kindly asked Schildkröt to call off the project and arranged compensation to Schildkröt through a lucrative manufacturing agreement.

It is rumored that Schildkröt failed to successfully recall all of the 50 production bats in circulation. So, be careful out there when you break out a 100, 300, or 900 series Schildkröt ™ bat. Be on guard for the symptoms. The sure thing to look for is the sonic boom and the caved-in wall on the other side of the gym after you hit your first powerloop. Schildkröt wanted to get everyone to “Fear the Turtle” and I think they may have succeeded in ways they never intended.

So, if you are around a TT hall somewhere in the world and hear an over 40 gent wearing something like a futuristic cross between a Hazmat suit and advanced Riot Police Gear tell his opponent that he had better "Fear the Turtle" if he knows what is for his own good, then you should immediately evacuate the building. Winning the matches is not worth being in the hot zone of the collateral damage.

Any Schildkröt sightings yet?

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 22:59 

Hey there..!! I have been following your post since last six months and I must say I got so many useful information related to this.
Thank you so much for that.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 14:09 

Jokerz are talkin' 'bout this thread in the blade weight thread...

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 13:57 

Blade: thin w/ donic grip
FH: controlled spin
BH: fast ball with spin
I'm getting old and Schildkrot isn't yet replying to my more than a decade email. So whoever is interested can contact me here only for fear if the stories here are true, and if I'm still alive, since I'm getting older too.

To make my story short, way back in my school(secret) year 1997, I got hold of a schildcrot racket that made me develop a technique I wasn't able to play with any racket any more. The spin was what I have never experienced before and up to now, the technique can't be played with any racket at all, but I remembered the technique and mastered it though, my only mistake was that I only remembered the brand name of the racket which is schildkrot, not knowing of course that I was holding a one of a kind racket.

Fast forward, in 2007 I was looking for a racket that would make me play like what I've developed, then I was led to this forum and found about the legendary schildkrot, that they were really not being manufactured anymore, and would not be.

To me the story was silly of course, so I contacted Schildkrot, and told them my story, they didn't reply a single. And I'm still looking for a similar racket up to this day, that I decided to open already here my story.

The racket wasn't mine and when we parted from school, it was then I realized that the unique variable that made me develop my play was the racket all throughout. When I was contacting my classmate, he no longer know where the racket was. It may not have the dreaded radiation since I played it without remembering any health issues. If the racket was a different slightly low radiated one you're discussing here then we're into something new to discuss further here.

You can block easily my spin then since it's not that fast blinding, but even the spin controller of my playmate and even the worn out racket used would return the ball back too far from the table and flying from all directions no matter how we repeat it, of course I would have to adjust my swing for the coming ball and its rotation, direction, and bounce. This seems to add to the legends here but I guarantee that my experiences are 100% fool proof. I could have not identified what I've experienced if not for the stories here pointing to the racket as the reason for a very different play I've been able to develop. After several days of developing my front hand, I was surprised that even the almost horizontal backhand top spin cut I've developed could grip the ball via the edge of the racket as if it has tackiness but none of course. The technique developed when I was using the racket already since you'll have that feel of control you've never had before and you'll want to adjust your play for the racket, so my game improved for such a short time not longer than two weeks for a 2 hour play 3 times a week only. If I'm not mistaken this was during my downtime or recreation only with only a school uniform wear (formal long pants with leather shoes!), maybe after training and winning the interschool competition where my game was awfully different. I thought it was my unique technique I've developed that I can replicate with even better rackets out there, since the schildkrot racket was not that expensive but came abroad as my classmate owner told me.

If this was just a nostalgia long overdue, at least I could replicate the feel of what I've experienced during my college days even this prime of my life, since even Waldner and other great players can repeat his previous performance even at an advanced age, even for one stroke only. They would look the same on youtube videos during his champion years and this old age of Waldner even if it would not feel the same. But if I will not be given this schildkrot experience until my death at least I've told my story, and pass it on to manufacturers that it's the technique of course but without the right racket...not even the technique will develop...which boils down to the racket variable...