OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Dawei 388C-1
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 17:03 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Hi guys,

Long time, no see! Does any of you know something about the Dawei 388C-1. It is supposed to be a medium pip.

Cheers,

Lorre

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 18:04 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Sorry Lorre, I've not used a Dawei pip. I just got 388D-1 to try, but its still in packet as it came only yesterday. All I know is Dawei says 388C-1 is tricky pip and blocks and attacks well on either BH or FH.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 20:30 
Super User

Lorre,

I think your Clod&Fog is DHS not TSP. :wink:

Q.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 20:42 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

I think it is a medium,
A-invert
B-short
C-medium
D-long

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 00:31 
Super User

i saw this rubber on an old cpen blade belonging to an old man i was having a hit with. well i just rubbed my finger across it and then i was just lost for words... i think reb would be able to describe the texture of the pimples better...

if my memory serves me correctly, the pips were quite close together... and well they felt very very bendy and soft and also perhaps smooth? well all i can say is that i think it would be nice for close to the table players as it felt like a very deceptive pip with lots of reversal...

What happened when i played with this uncle was something like this...

I served spinny side spin, he just touched it to my body and the ball moved sharply sideways and when i hit it with my backhand LP, if flew away... ok... very heavy spin... and so i just had a normal blocking game with him until he decided to just hit it flat to my open side and i died... even when i chop pushed the ball to him, he just let the ball fall onto his bat with minimal movement on his part, i found the ball unbelievably difficult to read. (yes, my inexperience) as i gave a poor return and he just smacked me again.

so lorre, i guess that REB would be able to tell you moar as i have only played AGAINST it.... (and lost miserably although it was practice) not with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 01:00 
Joo Too
Joo Too

quelis wrote:
Lorre,

I think your Clod&Fog is DHS not TSP. :wink:

Q.-

:lol: It is, Quelis? Damn, my inexperience. (:wink: to LehmannDaHero). Thanx for the info, guys! :) Really appreciate it. The reason why I ask for this pip is because someone on a Dutch forum asks the members about it, but in Belgium (and the forum is not an exception) most of the members are white lighters and don't respond to Dark Lighters. Believe me, asked a question about pips and the responses were just ridiculous. If enough info about this pip is available, I'll refer him to this page or translate it for him.

PS : I'll write my review about the Curl P1-R and probably some more features of the C&F III when I have the time. Probably soon.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 01:27 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Keep coming back Lorre, cos young Lehman there has now twigged my interest in THIS rubber. Might have to get a sheet to try. :?

Edit: I wish this thread came a week ago, cos then I could have got this in my order with the Max Leverage I just got (and the 388D-1).

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 01:30 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Keep coming back Lorre, cos young Lehman there has now twigged my interest in THIS rubber. Might have to get a sheet to try. :?

Edit: I wish this thread came a week ago, cos then I could have got this in my order with the Max Leverage I just got (and the 388D-1).

yes, do come back... and if my "young" memory serves me correctly, it was the 3881-D. and according to MM, thats the LONG one... and it actually does make sense... longer pimples = more reversal.

but REB, this rubber IS the type where you can just sit there for hours rubbing the pips and taking in the awkwardness and feeling the shiver run down your spine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 01:40 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

So let me get this right Lehman, cos you have ME confused now. :?

Your uncle had 388D-1 not 388C-1. Is that right? Cos I have the D, I don't have the C. But I think next time I order I now have to get the C, just to C what I am missing out on!!! :P :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 01:50 
Super User

OHH...

I "C" NOW!!!! Your darkness has enlightened me. :twisted:

alright... well yes that old man was using the 388D-1... i got the names mixed up! :oops:

so you should try it and tell me how it went... but i dont expect to use it tho... i dont think it would suit my game very well although i would love to know how it plays!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2009, 01:31 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Anybody has more news about this rubber?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!