OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 14:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008, 18:05 

I have some Juic 999 Attack that is listed at an eye popping 45 degress (makes you wonder what the Hard type is..). Is Japanese sponge overstated in hardness such that this is more like a 38-40?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008, 18:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes it is... it's probably more like 40deg... That's why this table can really only be used to compare to other values in the table...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 10:51 

great post!

but, hurricane 3 for example, the market version has at least 3 different hardness, Shao's hardness 39, 40, 41. In this list it shows only one hardness, so which one it is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 12:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The ones I've measured did not have a hardness marking... but we ordered them in from DHS requesting 38/39 degrees... I don't know why DHS would mark some sheets and not others...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2009, 09:19 
Super User

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Classic ST
FH: Hurricane 3 41 black 2.2
BH: Hurricane 3 38 red 2.2
i love this kind of introverted stuff..

I dont have a special machine except a weigher. I always found that overall considering topsheet and spone is always together, the weight was pretty much equal to the density. so I have my own chart of pre and post cut rubber measurements. So far as it suggests here everything is the same. F3bs is the lightest and least dense, my tenergy 05 is the heaviest so id like a real confirmation if hag can, i dont believe the 36 butterfly give it, bryce speed is 38 according to butterfly so harder, but to me it feels softer and it is lighter for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2009, 09:24 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

boz wrote:
I always found that overall considering topsheet and spone is always together, the weight was pretty much equal to the density. so I have my own chart of pre and post cut rubber measurements. So far as it suggests here everything is the same. F3bs is the lightest and least dense, my tenergy 05 is the heaviest so id like a real confirmation if hag can, i dont believe the 36 butterfly give it, bryce speed is 38 according to butterfly so harder, but to me it feels softer and it is lighter for sure.

Hey mate, if you don't mind, put up your chart so we can correlate some stuff against the durometer, and perhaps we get some more rubbers on the list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2009, 21:38 
Super User

i would love to add it here, but its on my old computer which has word, my new computer doesnt so mmmmmmmmm.. sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 09:28 
Super User

actually the rubbers we want to know most about are the new ones...

but those like tenergies, haifu, 729-05/08 etc are missing from the list. it's not possible for alex to buy all of them.. but it will be a good idea whoever buys new rubbers to mail the cut edges to alex.

what you say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 21:01 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
boz wrote
Quote:
i would love to add it here, but its on my old computer which has word, my new computer doesnt so mmmmmmmmm.. sorry

Open Office is an excellent free Microsoft Office equivalent. You could download and use that on your new computer. It is able to open and save documents in lots of formats and versions including Word. You can either download it off the internet - loads of sites let you do this for free or lots of computer magazines include it on the discs they include with the magazine.

The more info we have the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2009, 14:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

debraj wrote:
actually the rubbers we want to know most about are the new ones...

but those like tenergies, haifu, 729-05/08 etc are missing from the list. it's not possible for alex to buy all of them.. but it will be a good idea whoever buys new rubbers to mail the cut edges to alex.

what you say?

Yes that would be awesome! A few people here have done this already, which was much appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2009, 14:49 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Maybe I should mail you my boxes one day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2009, 14:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Now you're scaring me, I'll have to take a few days off work :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2009, 16:23 
Super User

In order of weight
MAX RUBBER
Uncut grams
cut grams “degree of hardness”
quality
Bryce Hard -black
?
48g

“38”
Too hard to become consistent with! Too blunt to attack definitely not on my forehand. It is the fastest rubber ever though. It has control in different ways. The stroke and throw angle is similar when hitting flat and looping, so confuses opponents.
tenergy red
red first cut /
48g 2.1 & 1.9
“36”
Seems harder to control in passive shots & service return with the half volleys than
Bryce speed because more spinny. But better in away from the table active shots. Heavy. The topsheet must be heavier than the Bryce speed series since the sponge is less dense. It has a higher throw than the Bryce series. GOOD FOR FOREHAND BECAUSE SERVE AND LOOP. great over the table 13+11.5=24.5
Bryce (red)
45g

“35”
low or blunt curve with a super fast fling
great for my backhand when back from the table = 12 speed / spin 9.5=21.5
Tim’s black Bryce is 51g because of glue.
Remember I always choose red – it must be lighter.
Coppa
?
slower than Bryce higher throw of the table
bryce speed red rubber
43g

“38”
Lighter, faster & spinnier than Bryce is & faster, lighter & easier to control in backhand blocks dealing with spin than tenergy, but often goes too long. The red is more translucent than the tenergy red, which looks more donic style red. Could because of the sponge colour. Same sponge density as bryce hard. Same low throw. It’s better for babying the ball than tenergy, which requires more commitment to the spin.
14+9.75=23.75
F1 HS
great but falls apart
Andro 470 (black)
42 angle
“ “
Solcion (black)
“28%”
good control in everything much faster than f3bs and a lower throw speed 10.5 / spin 8.5
Bryce speed fx

40 3rd cut
“32”
14+9.75=23.74 rubbish. It’s hard to use like f3; I can barely topspin anything and no where near as fast as Bryce or tenergy. It’s got nothing going for it. Although I beat Lander & Fern with it, even tenergy feels better on the backhand.
729 blue sponge

Don’t like it.
Mambo GP (black)
cheapest for Joola’s fastest
Sriver G2 FX
“32”
speed 11.5 / spin 9.5
Faster/spinnier/lighter than solcion also lighter than all Bryce series. Balance of spin & speed is better than the Bryce series for looping. Not delicate & expensive as Bryce speed fx.
But it seems dead compared to tenergy OR BRYCE SERIES, its more control based similar to solcion.
Almana synergy
Great sound but expensive
LKT XT
good at nothing
Hurricane II
No.19 sponge
36%
Don’t use tacky! Hard to clean and unpredictable. Hard to hit flat.
F3 big slam
sharpest slow curve no control

Well tenergy black on forehand with Bryce speed red on backhand is going to be at least

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2009, 16:28 
Super User

it looks terrible and hard to follow, but I dont know how to copy a whole table created in word to this site. On my computer itcomes up all ordered perfectly, also I never intended these to be for the public so there are a few comments to my self.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2009, 07:02 

Nittaku Renaros Bright - 48 deg.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!