OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Broke my 563
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2009, 12:56 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Has anybody else used 563? Tat sent me one and I really like how it plays. It is Fast. Problem is, I have about 15 hours on it and I now have a square inch in the sweet spot with no pimples! Looks like it is on max sponge.

How many hours did you have on it Tat? It looked pretty new when I got it. I am going to order another one and see how that holds up.

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Broke my 563
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2009, 14:56 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
About 15 minutes, too bouncy for me on the backhand.

Don't throw the sheet away yet, you can repair the missing pips by carefully cut out the good ones around the edges, use super glue and you can attach these pips back and have another 10 or more hours play, while you are waiting for the new one.

OK, then you should also try the pimplemini 1.5 (or did I send you the 1.3 instead), that pip is very fast with a little more dead ball effect.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2009, 15:23 

Hi Tat,
I tried the Pimplemini and it is OK but I really liked the 563 for hitting. Makes a real nice CRACK on my bat when I whack one. With the 563 I could actually make a decent loop by using the wrist similar to how you do. But what I really liked was the speed on hits. I did some comparing today and it is just as fast as the Tenergy if not faster. I took the rubbers off the W-1 and put them back on my home made blade. The Tenergy was OK on the W-1 but the 563 did not work. It would give floaters when trying to hit incomming loops. With my blade, I could counter loops and get topspin even though my blade is faster than the W-1. The W-1 has a harder feel even though mine is faster. I am sure I get more spin on loops with my blade also.
All this is the opinion of me and my partner. We kept trading bats so we could see everything from both sides.
I ordered another 563 today. We will see how long that lasts. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2009, 15:32 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
That will teach you, don't loop the balls like me with the pips, unless, you guessed it, you have Long A. You know how I loop and hit with my LP, my Long A has last more than a year now without breaking a pip. I guess I am stuck with these LP for life.

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 14:45 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I have been playing with the 563 Mystery I version lately. Like hookshot, love the speed one can hit with it. I do mostly rpb chop or loop and whenever I got it right, the ball just goes over the net very beautifully. You can actually see poetry in motion :D

BUT, I do have a problem in that it is a bit too fast for me. I am using the 1.8mm RED version. Since my experience with anything pips is very limited, can either of you tell me if it would reduce the speed much if I go down to 1.5mm or even 1.3mm, if I can find any. Or should I totally look for another rubber that is actually slower to fit my need which is chop and looping attack?

I too was very influenced by the way Tat played with his lp. In fact, it was Tat's video that opened my eyes to the possibility of a lp :D I always thought lps are for defence and nothing else :oops:

Cheers.

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 14:56 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

I recall that when I used 563, I broke several pips easily. I'm guessing that's really the durability of the sheet -- might have to find something similar but more durable there, hookshot.

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 14:58 

Can't help you with the thinner sponge. I get all my rubbers on max sponge. Seems like it would reduce the spin with thinner sponge. Just having it on a different blade changed the way it played.

So far, no broken pips on the new sheet. About 8 hours on it. I am liking the speed and control more every time i use it. I don't usually move back, but have been just so I can whack some long distance bombs. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 15:10 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I have played with mine for quite a bit already as well. And some of my shots I would considered wild :oops: And so far, I must say the teeth are still there :D

Like you, if I played away from the table, the shots will go in alright. BUT, I am very used to attack and play closed to table so whenever I am in that position, a lot of my shots would just overshoot by about 6 inches. Maybe I just need to work more on my strokes. Oh, I used the 563 on the one-ply hinoki Jpen and my cpen carbon blade. Maybe those kind of blades are too fast?

Cheers.

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 15:26 

If you counter an incomming loop and it turns it into chop or no spin, the blade is too hard. I can counter a hard, spinny loop and get topspin going out. Not as much as inverted but topspin. If you are getting reversal, that is why yours are going long. The ball will float. One way to check is to counter some loops hard and hit them in the net on purpose. Watch what the ball does. if it runs back to you, you had reversal. if it tends to stay at the net, its OK. With inverted, the ball should keep charging the net. That is one way to check anyway. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 15:35 
A Beautiful Brain

Hi Hookshot,

The friend who I asked you for a review on Dr Evil for Has used 563 a lot with 2.2 and OX. (its an entirely different rubber in OX, as are most LP's ..he was doing flat hits with it and it was difficult to see the ball it was that fast...

He is also a wristy player and could lift balls up and over the net with a lot of speed...he loves it...He also likes Super Spinpips 21 but says 563 does more tricky things to the ball...

With his wristy type of playing he consistently hits balls that are lower than net height and very fast...and placed anywhere...when he is on song its almost too difficult to serve to him without him picking one up with Dr E and throwing it exactly where you are thinking it had no hope at all of going there...

fosss

hookshot wrote:
Hi Tat,
I tried the Pimplemini and it is OK but I really liked the 563 for hitting. Makes a real nice CRACK on my bat when I whack one. With the 563 I could actually make a decent loop by using the wrist similar to how you do. But what I really liked was the speed on hits. I did some comparing today and it is just as fast as the Tenergy if not faster. I took the rubbers off the W-1 and put them back on my home made blade. The Tenergy was OK on the W-1 but the 563 did not work. It would give floaters when trying to hit incomming loops. With my blade, I could counter loops and get topspin even though my blade is faster than the W-1. The W-1 has a harder feel even though mine is faster. I am sure I get more spin on loops with my blade also.
All this is the opinion of me and my partner. We kept trading bats so we could see everything from both sides.
I ordered another 563 today. We will see how long that lasts. :D

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 18:23 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

hookshot, in that case, my blade is definitely NOT too hard. I am able to loop and I can see the ball going over the net in a nice arc. It just that it almost always overshoot the table. When I do get it in, the ball would dip onto the table and fly off just like a topspin shot :D Yet, it allows me to do defensive chop and the ball would float nicely over the net. Again, sometimes, the chop is a bit too fast and it goes over the table just like my loop.

Anyway, I will keep at it and see how I go over time. I believe I just need more practice. My rpb itself is still a hit and miss :oops:

Cheers.

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 22:57 

Hi Fattchoi,
Yes, that sounds like it is just the speed of the rubber giving you problems.

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 02:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I finally have some (2) broken pips on 563, this the 563 2.0mm from Zeropong.com. The pips broke midway down the shafts and near the edge of my paddle. Upon closer inspection I could tell that there were many more that were partially broken, and the sheet had begun to play inconsistently. Good thing they're only $10ea!

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2016, 03:07 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

This is an old thread.
I recently got a sheet of 563 and I like it a lot for hitting, close to the table. Anyone still using this rubber? Is durability still a problem?
Or can anyone recommend another med. pips with similar playing characteristics as 563 but more durable?
Thanks. : )

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2016, 18:05 

I use 563 pips (1.8 Mystery sponge) on my BH with lots of hard hitting and loops. Don't have any problems with durability.