OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009, 11:28 
Super User

Thanks fattchoi! I was careful to pay attention to the details, so I'm glad it paid off! :D

Juic Offense Ultima 2.0mm Red

Backup:
Blade: Stiga Optimum Sync C-Pen
Globe 999 National Team 2.0mm Red
729 804-40 Super Soft Pro Ver 2.0mm Black

On its way: Haifu Blue Whale II (Black Sponge) Red Label Factory Tuned

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 17:52 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Had a quick hit with GP's KLC today (holding it SH). I was very impressed by its feel and reasonable power with the SPT on it. While I love my R1, the KLC made it feel a little dead actually. Was I tempted by it though? Somewhat, but not enough to go, I gotta have one. Its amazing how one use of a blade can suck you into that, but I'm pretty happy with the R1 right now still. In fact I used the Gergely before the R1 in a hit with GP and felt more at home when I switched to the R1. I think I'm turning into TAT! :shock: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 23:29 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Had a quick hit with GP's KLC today (holding it SH). I was very impressed by its feel and reasonable power with the SPT on it. While I love my R1, the KLC made it feel a little dead actually. Was I tempted by it though? Somewhat, but not enough to go, I gotta have one. Its amazing how one use of a blade can suck you into that, but I'm pretty happy with the R1 right now still. In fact I used the Gergely before the R1 in a hit with GP and felt more at home when I switched to the R1. I think I'm turning into TAT! :shock: :lol:

I'm glad you weren't too tempted by it... I'm kinda attached to it! :lol: However, your R1 with the Gambler Outlaw felt like a looper's dream to me! I hardly needed to put anything in to get the ball back with power! If anything, that's sold me on the Outlaw! However, the R1, while extremely light, was a little on the thick side for me...

Backup:

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 23:57 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
The R1's thickness is a bit much for most people who try it, it seems. I don't mind it, cos I know its that thickness that generates that power! :twisted:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2009, 19:05 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
The R1's thickness is a bit much for most people who try it, it seems. I don't mind it, cos I know its that thickness that generates that power! :twisted:

If I played shakehand, the thickness probably wouldn't bother me, but played penhold is quite uncomfortable...

Backup:

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009, 08:47 
Super User

Just an update with my KLC blade:

Last night, I pulled a rubber off my Kokutaku Laser Carbon last night which I sealed with Cabot's Cabothane (water-based poly) and my sealing came off too! :shock: Not sure why, but I suspect that maybe the KLC was already sealed by the manufacturer. When I first got the KLC blade, it did have a nice satin smooth sheen to it, so I'm guessing that it was pre-sealed. If so, it may explain why my poly came off...

Oh, and I should mention, I pulled off a Transcend SP rubber glued on using a Donic glue sheet.

Backup:

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009, 14:44 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

GP, Beer Belly had the same problem :shock: He also went off to buy the same cabothane as you after reading your post. On Wed night, he told me that the whole sealant came off as well or something like that. I therefore believe it is the cabothane that is at fault here. I used Jo Sonja's and Beer Belly used that one too in the past and never had any problem. And I too sealed my KLC with the Jo Sonja's and I am sure Beer Belly used likewise. That is why no problem with our KLC. But he used the Cabothane on a new blade of his and he told me how heart-breaking it was when he pulled his rubber. I think you should PM him about your problem and try and confirm if it is the same cabothane.

EDIT: I just read the other Sealing Thread. Looks like you guys have exchange remarks on the problem already. Anyway, I have never used glue sheet on the Jo Sonja's seal so don't know if it would give any problem.

Cheers.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009, 15:02 
Super User

fattchoi, yes I'm inclined to agree with you. Cabothane, designed for furniture, was probably not designed to be able to withstand the stress of having glue applied and ripped off. I'll have to look into Jo Sonja too for my future sealing needs. Where did you buy it from again?

BeerBelly: I'm sorry to hear you had the same issue! I hope your blade wasn't badly damaged? Mine wasn't damaged at all. The Cabothane layer just peeled off - some areas easier than others.

I guess we'll chalk this one down to experience! :oops:

Backup:

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009, 18:57 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I think Beer Belly had some splinter lifted off along with the seal :shock: He was so annoyed. You can even see the bump on his lp which makes his cheating rubber even more cheating :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can buy the Jo Sonja's seal at Bunnings. The one I use is Gloss, not satin. Now that I mention it, could it be the satin is the problem as hookshot did say it would allow the glue to stick better or something like that. Maybe because the glue sticks better to satin, it therefore pulls the seal which in turn also pulls up splinters in Beer Belly's case :shock: Now, I wonder if the same problem exist with the Cabothane gloss finish.

Cheers.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009, 22:54 
Liquid Evil Chopper

I'm still annoyed lol! I've done my fair share of EJing and never ever ever ever have I had splinters coming off the blade. And to take 3 strips of wood plus some from the clipper was just heartbreaking for me, especially since the clipper is easily the best looking blade I've ever owned. I resolve not to use glue sheets anymore. Those things are evil!

I've almost finished my bottle of Jo Sanjo's glossy poly. I guess that says alot about the number of blades I've EJed so far. :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009, 23:54 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I am onto my second bottle of Jo Sonja's :oops: And I still have 4 brand new virgin one ply hinokis as backup unsealed :shock:

Cheers.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2011, 18:03 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
If a Poly-U finish pulled off a wood blade, you can bet there was an uncompatible finish there already. I had one blade where the Poly would not harden properely. It was factory sealed with something the Poly did not like. If huge chunks of wood come off, the glue sheet is way too strong. I do not use glue sheets anymore but have used about 30 in the past. None ever pulled any wood off my blade sealed woth Poly.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2011, 18:54 
I am Legend
I am Legend

So.

Anyone still using their Laser Carbon CPen?

After looking at this thread again I'm getting tempted to try one out... again...

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 01:33 
Super User

Hello, I know it is an old thread but does anybody know that the blue center layer is balsa ?