OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2007, 17:15 
VaMP-ire Killer

yes last night i manged to try out half of my new setup (the oher half of dawei 388D STILL hasnt arived). as well as trying out th LTK glsspower (see my review in the feedback forum), i managed to try out the spinsonic SV.

first, let me give you alittle background on the rubber:

Quote:
Taken from Spintech's website:
New Breed of High Tension Professional Super Spin Soft Rubber offering the speed glue effect without Speed Glue with a soft density high tension Ever-Glue sponge.

Spintech Spinsonic SV, is our latest product offering in our high tech line of table tennis rubbers is a super-spin tacky as well as mechanically grippy rubber designed to generate optimal speed to drive through the 40 mm ball. The top sheet of Spinsonic SV has the highest frictional co-efficient of any rubber. The result is a super-spin rubber that is perfect for the topspin offensive modern game.

Finally, a super-spin tacky ultra lightweight rubber with a true speed glue corking sound and feel with or without Speed Glue.

Glue it once and forget it!!! Speed : 100 Spin : 120 Control: 100

NOTE: I am using the 2.1mm red rubber

so basicly its there original spinonic put on a new speed-glue effect sponge. First, I have never used speedglue in my life and I have only heard he sound of speedglue propperly once, and this does prouce a goo sound that is almost alike to speedglue.

at first, i though with the new blade andfast rubber, I was afraid that a lot of my shots would go off teh table, the oposite happened, everything was going right where i wanted it, short, long, sides, even my backhands were on the table, and thats my main weakpoint (as im a penhold player remember). as for spin, it was great, usally i have too much contact with the ball while choping but this rubber was still producing spinn when full contact but even when i brushed it the spin was great. and as for my side+chop slice, the amount of sidespin was a lot, almost going from the edge of the table to the middle

blocks were fast and caried a very good amount of speed.

usally when i take on my "trainer" (i say that caus he basicly taught me everything), i get beaten badly, first game went 11-13, although it was his game, he was troubled at the speed on teh blocks, the spin on the blocks and the loops and just the speed itself. The control factor was also very handy, I need the control and this was giving me all of it, 35% ofthe shots going into his body, unplayable for him

Overall, this is a rubber which is a must try. The rubber is nice and tacky and the sponge makes the gameplay go up a notch. This was one of the rubbers that made spintech famous almost, and believe me, I can see why

rating: 9/10

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2007, 18:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks for the review Skull!

Did you feel much speed glue effect in the rubber?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2007, 18:23 
VaMP-ire Killer

its hard for me to say, like i said, ive never used speedlglue in my life, the sound sounded simalar and i was enjoying the pace, in fact during doubles i was moaning about lack of pace in the rally, something i never do lol

i honesly think spintech is something you should look at for you and the shop, they have some nuce rubbers, pips and reverse, some lightweight rubbers and also some blades...well...just dont get 9th wonder....£100+, ouch

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2007, 01:32 
VaMP-ire Killer

speedplay wrote:
Skull, have you tried the original spinsonic? If so, you should be able to tell if there was significant difference?

About landing your shots, it might be because of the increase in spin.

im afraid i havent tried the original. Imo I guess it probbly just normal spinsonic with a perma speed glue effect

again, i have no experience of speed glue or speed glue sponges. Michael from spinech would be the best person to ask about it

all i know is that I think ive found my perfect weapon for a while as this rubber did everythign I asked and wanted

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2007, 02:05 
VaMP-ire Killer

had another session with the rubber last night

WOW

just wow, one reason i wanted this rubber was so i idnt have to do all the work when getting the ball over (like my last rubber, it was os hard to get a chop over) with this rubber I was 3rd ball and sometimes stupidly 1st ball attacking, even when i was returning I was 4th and 6th ball attacking. I still cant find real fast speed, mainly because I have never be able to get a realy fast shot, but I coul tell the speed was there, and so was the spin. Games I usaly would of lost I actully won last night

if you are a looper or maybe looking for something on you BH (i think this would be killer on BH) then this is a rubber you MUST try