OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 00:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Resistance Band Workout
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 05:33 

I saw kreanga video and he was using resistance band. I wanted to know some more exercises to do using the band
that can help my playing ability and flexibility as well as strength

FH: Xiom Sigma 1 Pro

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 06:27 

The one simple exercise he demonstrates (external rotation) is the most important. It strengthens the smaller, internal rotator cuff muscles of the shoulder, which keeps the shoulder stable during other movements which are done by the larger muscles on the outside. Doing lots of looping hard for example without rotator cuff strength can lead to conditions such as bursitis as the unstable humeral head slams repeatedly against the acromion. This exercise can also help even once you have bursitis.

In short, this exercise is for shoulder stability and to prevent injury, it is not for increasing strength. But it is more important than strength exercises in many ways.

Style: FH counterhitter, BH disruptor

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 10:14 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: Victas K.M.
FH: VS>401 2.0mm
BH: Dtecs 0.5mm
flexibility/shoulder health: band pull-aparts, band dislocates, face pulls

strength: band-resisted pushups or dips (chest/shoulders/tris), band-resisted unilateral overhead press (shoulder/tris), band-assisted pullups (back/biceps), band-resisted rows (back/biceps)

Kit: Victas Koji Matsushita | Victas VS > 401 2.0mm | Dtecs O.5mm

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 23:07 
It is illogical to play with a uniform surface!

I used the Resistance band workout when I was a looper. I still use the bands
for toning and keeping flexability. I would use the bands to do shoulder rotations
work on biceps, triceps and wrist curls. I would also wrap it around a pole and do Resistance boxing to add quickness to my shoulder and arms. I would also do BH
resistance and looping resistance moves with the bands. I was told many years ago that the best training for table tennis is BOXING. Work the legs, the rest will follow.
I also used to work on the heavy bag as well as some Martial Arts.

I found if I tried to loop and hit with only my upper body, I would increase the chance of injury. Using the legs and ankles to pivot and rotate took stress off my shoulder and made the loops faster and more deadly. Now that i play LP and only loop on occation I lessen the chances of injury but still use my legs. I have also been looping more and get around for a 62 year old.
Resistance Bands are a great way to workout for many sports. I have two pair, one at work for my early morning and lunch routine and one at home.

Peace GIG
:rock: :Chop:

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon
flaired handle and 90 grams