OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 02:33 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I have a Defplay Senso and I absolutely love the Xiom Omega V Asia. I have max thickness. HEAVY spin.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 03:46 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
This is an old thread revived! The OP doesn't even use this blade any more, I just bought his last one. HAHA!

It's all a matter of preference, but I like P-1R the best in 0.5 on this blade. Bogeyhunter used it up to 2300+ with p-1R 1.0mm. I like the control 0.5mm affords me.

As for the Tenergy/MX-P recommendation, to me such high throw rubbers are not great on a flexy blade like this...felt too open and you have to really focus on closing your bat to get the ball to land on the other side. I like Tenergy on stiffer blades. I let everyone try the Defplay with T05 and literally everyone was like "This is terrible."

Again, it's all a matter of preference. Personally, I chose Omega IV Asia as the throw feels JUST right. I think I like 2.0mm better but currently play with MAX. Medium throw rubbers on a high throw (flexy)defplay NET a high throw. High throw rubbers on a low throw (stiffer) carbon blade will still net a high throw. But High throw rubber on the high throw flexy defplay nets a VERY high throw IMO, so not so good for me.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 05:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Interesting looking back at this,3 years on and I think the op uses p1r 1.0 on a Victas Koji Matsushita def,I abandoned the Feint 3 after a hammering and went for a more disruptive ox lp and it has been mostly positive ,we have moved up 3 divisions since then lets see what the next season brings with the ox,Japsican /Dwrukplease stop diverting my attention to that Xiom rubber lol!

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 08:36 
Super User

A very old thread indeed! I started this thread years ago. I really liked the Defplay but have been using the original Victas Koji Matsushita for a couple of years now (I actually just got a backup VKM too).

I've been using P1r in 1.0mm for a while but just recently put Easy P 1.0mm on my main blade to compare. I really like it! It seems easier to get balls back with almost any given stroke compared to P1r. Go figure with a name like Easy P. I'm not sure if I'm winning more with it, but I do know if gives me the feeling of getting more balls back. It is noticealbly better at hitting and chop blocking at the table. I'm going to give it some more time, but it is very promising.

To add more to my personal confusion, I reached my highest rating ever two years ago using the Defplay and Feint Long 3 in 0.5mm. I feel like I'm a better player now despite the slightly lower rating.

USATT Rating: 2013

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 01:54 

dazzler wrote:
Japsican /Dwrukplease stop diverting my attention to that Xiom rubber lol!

Same throw and spin, half the cost! Harder sponge. Faster. Keep in mine I'm using the older IV...dwruck uses the V, which is harder and spinnier I think.
hahahaha... :lol:

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 02:03 

ckhirnigs113 wrote:
I've been using P1r in 1.0mm for a while but just recently put Easy P 1.0mm on my main blade to compare. I really like it! It seems easier to get balls back with almost any given stroke compared to P1r. Go figure with a name like Easy P. I'm not sure if I'm winning more with it, but I do know if gives me the feeling of getting more balls back. It is noticealbly better at hitting and chop blocking at the table. I'm going to give it some more time, but it is very promising.

ckhirnigs113,
I am using the VKM right now, and I must say I should have taken everyone's advice 6 months ago or so when I was looking for a slightly stiffer blade with the same speed as the Defplay.

I have tried the VKM with 1.0mm P-1R and loved it...I am about to try it with my preferred 0.5mm P-1R (I like a little more slippage).

I am curious about your testing of Easy P. I had big trouble with serve return because it felt too grippy. Somehow, I didn't feel like it was as grippy during chopping, and more controlled and easier to get balls on the table (just like you). But it definitely felt grippier, and therefore prone to getting me into trouble in the short game and serve return, especially vs. weird sidespin serves.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 04:28 
Super User

Japsican, I haven't noticed any issues with Easy P in the short game or serve returns. I was using inverted for years and years before trying LP 3-4 years ago. I started with Feint Long 3 which is grippier than P1-r or Easy P and it was so much easier than inverted in serve return that I never really have issues with amount of grip on my LP's. To be fair, I've only used grippy LP's, so if you're coming from a LP with less grip Easy P/P1-r/FL3 may take a little time to adjust.

Also, I never tried Easy P with the Defplay. I have been using the VKM blade exclusively for 2 or so years now. It's possible the VKM/Easy P combo is easier in short game/serve returns than Defplay/Easy P.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 05:04 

ckhirnigs113 wrote:
Japsican, I haven't noticed any issues with Easy P in the short game or serve returns. I was using inverted for years and years before trying LP 3-4 years ago. I started with Feint Long 3 which is grippier than P1-r or Easy P and it was so much easier than inverted in serve return that I never really have issues with amount of grip on my LP's. To be fair, I've only used grippy LP's, so if you're coming from a LP with less grip Easy P/P1-r/FL3 may take a little time to adjust.

Also, I never tried Easy P with the Defplay. I have been using the VKM blade exclusively for 2 or so years now. It's possible the VKM/Easy P combo is easier in short game/serve returns than Defplay/Easy P.

That's a good question, and I have wondered for a while if that is the issue. Both Auzcar and I felt Easy P was too grippy...and I think he uses the Defplay as well. Bogeyhunter doesn't feel that way and was surprised when I told him that I did have an issue.

I have tried everything, but I use P-1R mainly in both 1.0 and 0.5, and have in the past used FL3 for some time, so grippy pips are familiar.

BH uses the Easy P on a stiffer (I think) ash blade, the Nexy Lissom (Oversized). I badly wanted to try his blade at the tournament when we met, but didn't have a chance really.

It's hard to imagine that the difference between the VKM and DP is THAT much to make it seem grippier. I am using black, never used red, but I'm told the black vs. red, black being grippier is urban legend.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 05:31 
Super User

I'm using Easy P in black, but I've always used black LP's. I really wanted to try the Lissom Oversized as well, but the price was too much for a trial. Not to mention, I'm too satisfied with the VKM to gamble $120.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2016, 10:02 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

Japsican wrote:

BH uses the Easy P on a stiffer (I think) ash blade, the Nexy Lissom (Oversized). I badly wanted to try his blade at the tournament when we met, but didn't have a chance really.

Well at least you got to feel my combo on the opposite side of the table :)

For blade, it comes down to preference. How to feel, how you is the most important thing.
I have a VKM. My first day was very nice. Good chopping and attacking - I even wrote review here somewhere. 2nd night trying this blade - it ended in 10 minutes. Didn't get the right feeling with serve return, swipe and bumping. In short, I can't return effectively with VKM.

I still rate DP very highly. Can do all, a bit on slower side but compensate with high spin ability. Down side? a bit difficult when playing another chopper and I broke ...... 6 or 7 of them.

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2016, 07:27 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
Bogeyhunter wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Well at least you got to feel my combo on the opposite side of the table :)

For blade, it comes down to preference. How to feel, how you is the most important thing.
I have a VKM. My first day was very nice. Good chopping and attacking - I even wrote review here somewhere. 2nd night trying this blade - it ended in 10 minutes. Didn't get the right feeling with serve return, swipe and bumping. In short, I can't return effectively with VKM.

I still rate DP very highly. Can do all, a bit on slower side but compensate with high spin ability. Down side? a bit difficult when playing another chopper and I broke ...... 6 or 7 of them.

I broke 4 before I needed to change. Right by the handle.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk