OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 18:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
auzcar wrote:
Ahaa, so the other one was the Guard, I thought it was Nighmare I had sent you. I found three antis in my pile but one was broken, I thought that was the Guard but obviously my brain mixed them up :)

Well.... the Guard had a few openings in the slick top layer, but I think it is still ok to try and get a feeling of what it would be like. Did you try any Dawei's yet?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 19:03 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Def-attack wrote:
auzcar wrote:
Ahaa, so the other one was the Guard, I thought it was Nighmare I had sent you. I found three antis in my pile but one was broken, I thought that was the Guard but obviously my brain mixed them up :)

Well.... the Guard had a few openings in the slick top layer, but I think it is still ok to try and get a feeling of what it would be like. Did you try any Dawei's yet?

Ahaa okay, yeah it's better than not trying it at all at least :)

I have a bit of a cold atm so I will probably rest for a week or so before trying them.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 19:11 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

auzcar wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
auzcar wrote:

Ahaa okay, yeah it's better than not trying it at all at least :)

I have a bit of a cold atm so I will probably rest for a week or so before trying them.

Krya på dig!

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 19:25 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Def-attack wrote:
Krya på dig!

Tackar!

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 06:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Tonight I tried slick anti for the first time :devil:
I had placed a 0.7 mm der Materialspezialist B.A.D on my spare (fast and heavy) Joo Se Hyuk. I have to tell you that this was like no other rubber... no grip at all, like playing with a cheap bat without rubbers. Or sandpaper... But it was playable. But I am very glad I ordered my slick anti (BEAST) in 1.5 mm, that will feel more like I am used to I hope.
Anyway, I tried it for some 10 minutes, chopping and blocking. Then I played a few sets with my main bat, and then 4 sets against 2 different persons, loosing all but rather closely. Then I played 2 more sets that I filmed (again loosing, first close, second with some more mariginal).
Most difficult was to use it for blocking fast attacks and making the right shots against different spin (not driving against top spin). Also, I tended to use only BH all over the table. I wanted to try it in differet situations... but I played better when I only focused on winning and using my FH.
So anyhow, just for the fun of it, here is my first filmed match with slick anti - feel free to laugh :)

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 08:01 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
I don't think you played too bad really, considering how long you've had the rubber. Your opponent had a nightmare reading the spin early on.

Did you enjoy it?

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 14:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

dunc wrote:
I don't think you played too bad really, considering how long you've had the rubber. Your opponent had a nightmare reading the spin early on.

Did you enjoy it?

It was great fun actually, like all new rubbers are. And I guess if I stayed with it for 6 months I would be as frustrated as with most other rubbers ;) But if I learned to play properly with this I might win more matches - perhaps...

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 17:04 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

What makes you think that?

What was it like trying to attack with it?

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 17:52 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

dunc wrote:
What makes you think that?

What was it like trying to attack with it?

I will most likely be frustrated over not being able to make own spin with BH or attack properly with it (without twiddeling). That is one of the reasons I switched to SP a year ago.
I also think I would win more matches with such a setup because I would get some easy points from the massive spin reveral ald odd ball curves, even against those higher level player I will face in my current league. But not only "easy" points, also because I could more easily force weak returns from my oponent and use my FH for killing. But for this I would need to find the right balance between BH and FH-game against each opponent. And of course I would also loose to some players I would beat with my current setutp, that is always the case.
But all this would be if the rubber and blade I ordered works the way I hope it will, that is if it is more soft and controlled (slow) than what I used yesterday (BAD 0,7 mm on Joo). And of course if I choose to follow that path.
Thos of you who have read my blog the last year might remember that I toyed around with the idea of trying LP ox. Well.... this is what those thoughts ended up with ;) . Playing with slick anti are in some aspects very similar to using LP ox I think (especially when it comes to strategy). Look at this:

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 18:35 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

So basically you're looking for a rubber with killer reversal and easy but disruptive attacks..? :lol:

For me DA it comes back to the age-old question of "how do you want to play?". If you're going for a genuinely all-round game, you're going to have to accept that you won't find a rubber which can chop, disrupt *and* attack well. From reading these forums I'd suggest that your closest option would be D.TecS in OX on a fast blade.

Maybe you need to change your mindset a little. Is chopping important, or is it an emergency shot like lobbing for when you get pushed away from the table? If that's the case, it helps to narrow your requirements a bit. Pushblocker and AA both have styles/equipment which allow them to chop-block and hit with their backhand rubbers. Would they be effective away from the table though? Probably not.

Or perhaps your style is more Akerstrom or Liu Song? Chop-blocking and chopping on the backhand, using that only as a tool to get your big forehands in? You've got the footwork and forehand for that style, definitely.

I think you need to define your game and then find the right equipment to match. Obviously if you're happy EJing around and enjoying your game that's absolutely fine too, but I always get the impression with your thread that you're trying to progress your game and improve your play.

[Other gear I've used]

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 18:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

dunc wrote:
So basically you're looking for a rubber with killer reversal and easy but disruptive attacks..? :lol:

You nailed it! :D :D :D

dunc wrote:
Or perhaps your style is more Akerstrom or Liu Song? Chop-blocking and chopping on the backhand, using that only as a tool to get your big forehands in? You've got the footwork and forehand for that style, definitely.

That is rather close I guess... I really can't tell. For the moment I am just goofing around and exploiting the darker parts of my mind ;) .

dunc wrote:
I think you need to define your game and then find the right equipment to match. Obviously if you're happy EJing around and enjoying your game that's absolutely fine too, but I always get the impression with your thread that you're trying to progress your game and improve your play.

I do want to get better and I believe I am that by doing what I do - deliting every opportunity of hesitating that what I use is the best setup.... And also learning different strokes with different material. Actually, after I had played with BAD yesterday I played a few matches with my main setup and even though I missed the first 4 BH blocks at the table I played very good. So for the moment let's just say I am having fun with TT, and getting better at the same time.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2015, 05:13 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Def-attack wrote:
That is rather close I guess... I really can't tell. For the moment I am just goofing around and exploiting the darker parts of my mind ;) .

Yes, this catches up to all of us eventually. No matter how staunch the resolve. :lol: I'm the worst.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2015, 08:31 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
Japsican wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Yes, this catches up to all of us eventually. No matter how staunch the resolve. :lol: I'm the worst.

Well, only during the off season for some pros - and some not at all...

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2015, 15:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

NextLevel wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Well, only during the off season for some pros - and some not at all...

True... Making changes like I have done lately (I still keep my main setup though) during season is very rare. And change to slick anti would be a huge change, not only in material but also in style. Funny thing is I seem to play almost at the same level no matter what I use on BH... Maybe I should try inverted ;)

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2015, 03:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I recieved my new Terror-blade and the BEAST, both of very nice quality. The blade is lighter and smaller (normal size) than my Joo and feels very good in my hand. The rubber was very slick but also softer, much more bendable and softer than BAD (which is more like cardboard). It feels very dead and slow :devil:. Can't wait to try it... I just sealed my blade, will let it dry over night and tven use some sandpaper on it tomorrow to make it softer on the edges and where I have my thumb and index finger.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 82  Next