OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 17:28


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2018, 05:59 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2016, 21:29
Posts: 855
Location: uk
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 80 times
Blade: DEFPLAY(CUT DOWN)
FH: RAYSTORM 1.9
BH: BEST ANTI(THICK)RED
Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:
^^^will u try the abs at somepoint-seems popular

No, not that I think now. I don’t like the harder feeling of Neubauers antis

i must admit that i like the soft classic antis.neo yasaka and best anti.

_________________
igorponger wrote:
Day -by-day inhalation of the speed glues is not any good for health..


skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:
.


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2018, 17:44 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3794
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 582 times
Been thanked: 374 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
Today I will try a few new things (if the mail delivery works as it should). I ordered a Sauer &Tröger Sp Zargus 2,0 to put as a FH rubber on my MSP Invictus blade with Reflection 1.2 mm on BH :). That is my third blade. My back up blade will be Revolution with Reflection 1,5 mm and Xiom Omega V pro max. My main blade is still Stiga Carbonado 90 with Reflection 1,5 mm and Xiom Omega VII Euro max.

I toyed around with my slow All- Cubixx-blade and a 1,8 mm SP Globe 889-2 on FH and some anti on BH, very fun :). I also have a 802 orange sponge in 1,5 or 1,8 mm to have fun with.

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2018, 19:18 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2016, 21:29
Posts: 855
Location: uk
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 80 times
Blade: DEFPLAY(CUT DOWN)
FH: RAYSTORM 1.9
BH: BEST ANTI(THICK)RED
cool stuff mate-have you ever tried balsa blades-got the tsp 2.5 -brilliant for chopping but f/h block aint so good.

_________________
igorponger wrote:
Day -by-day inhalation of the speed glues is not any good for health..


skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2018, 20:22 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3794
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 582 times
Been thanked: 374 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
peterpong wrote:
cool stuff mate-have you ever tried balsa blades-got the tsp 2.5 -brilliant for chopping but f/h block aint so good.


Nope. Only balsa blade I have tried was Donic Cayman long time ago. Did not like it. But Inplayed modern defense then and that was made for lp blocking I believe. I have had difficulties finding a blade with the right balance (for me) between making spin (looping) and blocking with low arc. Revolution ks great for blocking and perhaps hitting but not for serving and looping. Invictus is great for serving and making spin and rather ok for blocking but a little slow. And my Carbonado is good for looping and blocking but not so good for serving and making spin. But very stable and with a large sweet spot. Invictus feels soft and a little weak when I hit with it and it has a smaller sweet spot.

I also need to be better at killing, I tend to loop when I could have been smashing. I don’t have a naturual smashing stroke. I hope to learn that If a use SP on FH for a while (at practice, I don’t think I will be changing). Looping with this ABS ball is not as effective as with other spinnier balls. It is so easy to counter or block...

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2018, 15:17 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3794
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 582 times
Been thanked: 374 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
Zargus was nice, great for BH blocking and BH attacking on Invictus blade but on that blade it was not good for FH. I tried it about one minute on Revolution FH and that was clearly better. Will try it more later.

I spent most of my training with my main blade and a brand new sheet of Reflection 1,5. I must say that it was a big difference between my used one (that I have moved around a bit) and this new one. Top sheet was harder and blocks were lower and more controlled. Perhaps it was slightly faster also, not sure.

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2018, 03:02 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3794
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 582 times
Been thanked: 374 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
I have been having troubles with low, loose, no-spin shots to my anti. So I spent some time with the robot to find out how to attack those balls. I found that punching straight to the ball with a neutral angle of the bet (or slightly opend) was the best. You need to stay very low and hit the ball at highest point to make sure you find the "window".It can be a little easier if you don't hit straight towards the balls trajectory, but instead slightly to the side (imagine a "X" where the ball is moving along one leg and your bat is moving along the other leg). Attacking no spin balls is shown in the first part of the clip below.

I have also been practicing attacking backspin in a more aggressive way. It is most of all a matter of practicing timing, spin reading and keeping a low stance to find the highest point. If there is some beck spin you can hit really hard with the anti. If there is none or little bak spin you need to hit looser and more like mentioned above. Against back spin you can use some wrist but this will make your attack less secure (but perhaps more leathal).

I did not fucus a lot on blocking the long balls, I missed many of those....


_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2018, 01:28 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 01:53
Posts: 339
Location: canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 39 times
Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
Attacking backspin with anti is similar to.lp attacking. ? What is the difference ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2018, 02:03 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3794
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 582 times
Been thanked: 374 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
maddrag wrote:
Attacking backspin with anti is similar to.lp attacking. ? What is the difference ?

I guess it is similar. Never used LP close to the table

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2018, 04:22 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 01:53
Posts: 339
Location: canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 39 times
Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
ok, if you look at your video with the robot, your counter with your bh start very very low, like if you loop your ball. I.doubt that anti or lp can do loop succeessfuly like that. do it more horizontal. From your stomach to your neck about about 45 %. It Will send the ball faster and lower on the table making difficult for the opennant to return these balls. Like this it created a low arc ball that can be kill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2018, 05:13 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3794
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 582 times
Been thanked: 374 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
maddrag wrote:
ok, if you look at your video with the robot, your counter with your bh start very very low, like if you loop your ball. I.doubt that anti or lp can do loop succeessfuly like that. do it more horizontal. From your stomach to your neck about about 45 %. It Will send the ball faster and lower on the table making difficult for the opennant to return these balls. Like this it created a low arc ball that can be kill.


Great tip, thanks!

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018, 03:32 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 24 Apr 2011, 11:24
Posts: 512
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 129 times
Blade: Innershield ZLF
FH: Chop-City!
BH: Curl P-4 OX
I notice some of your backhand attacks against back spin are kind of 'loop like' in that you go from down to up. That isn't necessarily bad, if it works for you and is consistent. But I do think it adds more spin to the ball and makes for an easier return, since it's more inverted like.

I modeled my BH after Amir's style, which is more straight through -- keeping your stroke parallel to the table. When I teach some of the local players how to use anti, I tell them to think of it like a boxer's jab. Or like a piston firing out. BAM! An almost straight line pumping forward. Now, it's not always exactly a straight line of course... but much flatter than the strokes you're using in the latest video.

That helps me, for instance, if someone does a really short but heavy back spin serve. There's no real room to 'loop' hit it back, but if you punch straight into it with a flat blade, it will go over the net anyway. I call it my bread and butter stroke, as it wins me most of my points and gets the most comments from opponents. They're used to short, heavy spun balls being fairly safe options. Not with the anti! I try to bait those in on purpose.

Same way that Pushblocker would use his blocks to setup the 'aggressive pushes' as he calls them. They have that german word for the technique, but I forget (drukschoph or something?).

Another technique I got from watching Luka is kind of a strange one. You face your paddle down toward the table, so the handle bottom is pointing toward the ceiling almost, but not quite that far. And then you punch into the ball.

https://youtu.be/aCNWffUsV_A?t=33s

The anti attacks are my favorite to use! I really only bring the forehand loop into play if the opponent is being too cute, and just paddy caking balls back at me. Then I'll keep them honest with a few loops or drives.

I'm using the reflection 1.5 on a garaydia t5000 with good success. I've ordered a matador texa after your suggestion in my other thread. The t5000 is fast, yet softer feeling. I've contacted soulspin about creating me a custom blade, using softer loop friendly plies on the forehand/core and carbon/hard wood on the backhand side. I personally like the backhand to be as fast as possible, since I use it for anti attacks quite often. The forehand I use for heavy spin serves and brush loops. But the fast blades loop nothing like the slow, flexy ones I used for chop/loop game. /ramble

_________________
Innershield zlf
Tenergy 80 fx 1.7
Backhand: Curl p-4 OX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2018, 05:01 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 01:53
Posts: 339
Location: canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 39 times
Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
Hi slapper,

You are talking about a strange shot looking at lucas. ... I do that shot for more than five years and it work specialy well for returning undespin or no spin ball serves specially from right to.left bh (for right handed) . the ball is a no spin too heavy top depending of the rotation of the serve. It work pretty well for low trow rubber and blade. Agressor with phenomenon or tsp p3 alpha. It is very nice to see very skill player with their short heavy back spin serve being attack with that shot. Their reactions is too serve harder. It then become even better for me. They call that shot a bump. See jian li . Some do it more with the handle parallele to the table. But prefere the handle pointing to the ceiling. Someltime the blade is a bit with and open angle to clear a bit betterave the net. Pratice is a good way to really grasp this shot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2018, 05:53 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3794
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 582 times
Been thanked: 374 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
skilless_slapper wrote:
I notice some of your backhand attacks against back spin are kind of 'loop like' in that you go from down to up. That isn't necessarily bad, if it works for you and is consistent. But I do think it adds more spin to the ball and makes for an easier return, since it's more inverted like.

I modeled my BH after Amir's style, which is more straight through -- keeping your stroke parallel to the table. When I teach some of the local players how to use anti, I tell them to think of it like a boxer's jab. Or like a piston firing out. BAM! An almost straight line pumping forward. Now, it's not always exactly a straight line of course... but much flatter than the strokes you're using in the latest video.

That helps me, for instance, if someone does a really short but heavy back spin serve. There's no real room to 'loop' hit it back, but if you punch straight into it with a flat blade, it will go over the net anyway. I call it my bread and butter stroke, as it wins me most of my points and gets the most comments from opponents. They're used to short, heavy spun balls being fairly safe options. Not with the anti! I try to bait those in on purpose.

Same way that Pushblocker would use his blocks to setup the 'aggressive pushes' as he calls them. They have that german word for the technique, but I forget (drukschoph or something?).

Another technique I got from watching Luka is kind of a strange one. You face your paddle down toward the table, so the handle bottom is pointing toward the ceiling almost, but not quite that far. And then you punch into the ball.

https://youtu.be/aCNWffUsV_A?t=33s

The anti attacks are my favorite to use! I really only bring the forehand loop into play if the opponent is being too cute, and just paddy caking balls back at me. Then I'll keep them honest with a few loops or drives.

I'm using the reflection 1.5 on a garaydia t5000 with good success. I've ordered a matador texa after your suggestion in my other thread. The t5000 is fast, yet softer feeling. I've contacted soulspin about creating me a custom blade, using softer loop friendly plies on the forehand/core and carbon/hard wood on the backhand side. I personally like the backhand to be as fast as possible, since I use it for anti attacks quite often. The forehand I use for heavy spin serves and brush loops. But the fast blades loop nothing like the slow, flexy ones I used for chop/loop game. /ramble


I rarely do that kind of anti attack at matches. I feel they just ain’t dangerous enough since most opponents just block them as a regulsr bh-loop. Also I had probles landing it on the table (little spin from opponents push) and get enough speed on it.

Instead I do more aggressive pushes against back spin, trying to keep the ball low and long. That stroke comes more natural to me and it works better against most opponents.

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2018, 11:34 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 01:53
Posts: 339
Location: canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 39 times
Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
2 things:

1- from your swing on your bh, i think that your ball being hit like inverted loop is really playing with higher arc and so quite easy to counter loop.
2- your blade seems to be fast and with a high trow .

I used to have this swing the first year i change from inverted to lp. When i learned to.punch the ball my shot were more difficult and too low to be easily counter loop. A low trow rubber and blade help a lot. But if you can push it with success, keep going.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 08:13 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3794
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 582 times
Been thanked: 374 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 90
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5 mm
First ”real” session testing the brand new DMS Transformer Extra Slow just ended. Went ok, still not sure weather to keep it or go back to Reflection 1,5 mm. Transformer is a little faster, more direct and harder (or just newer). Blocks go lower and more forward, aggressive pushing goes longer and have less weird arc and less kick compared to Reflection. Back spin from blocking loops is about the same I think.

Here are a few sets, all with Stiga Perform (ABS-ball) and all with Transformer Extra Slow on Stiga Carbonado 90:

http://youtu.be/1Kw8NV8_YDE


Another set against another opponent (not well played):

http://youtu.be/13urh7YsDFo

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: