OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 05 May 2024, 13:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015, 08:01 

Blade: Dawei DW2
FH: Air DefenderS 2.1
BH: Air DefenderS 1.9
Hey everybody! Just wanted to chime in and say I just got a power pong 3000 last Friday, and am loving it so far! It's really great to be able set the parameters of each ball so precisely. In my excitement to see what it can do I've already created several drills without writing any of it down! I should probably get more organized...came home today after my coaching session and after a few minutes punching buttons was practicing all the drills we worked on in my lesson.

A couple questions for users:

What height setting are yall using for serves?

I had it with just one ring showing for looping practice, but then had trouble getting a backspin serve to get over the net so I moved it all the way up.

2. Is there any way to make it repeat a certain ball in a sequence before moving to the next one? I.e. is it possible to play ball 1 8 times, ball 2 8 times, etc?

I'm going to explore the Cluster memory option to see if this can be achieved that way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015, 11:46 

Ok, jhd sent me the new manual, and I uploaded it to google drive. Here is the link.

I skimmed through it. It's a LOT better than the old manual. And it's still TERRIBLE. It's still written by someone for whom English is clearly not their first language, and who probably has no training in writing documentation or manuals. But it is more decipherable than the old manual at least.

One interesting thing is a "calibration" mode. It doesn't really explain how you're supposed to make adjustments to the calibration though. Again, I just skimmed it. If anyone can make sense of the calibration feature, please pipe up!

- Dave

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 02:02 

Smacktooth wrote:
What height setting are yall using for serves?

I normally keep it in the middle. I don't mess with the height. I don't do much serve return practice though (but should!). You're probably right that a higher setting is better for serves.

Smacktooth wrote:
Is there any way to make it repeat a certain ball in a sequence before moving to the next one? I.e. is it possible to play ball 1 8 times, ball 2 8 times, etc?

No, I don't think so. This is a feature I will have in my new controller though.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 03:00 

I read through this thread about sharing drills among members. I do not believe it actually happened.

Would anyone mind sharing any drills you programmed in your new Amicus (Advanced or Pro) that I can play around?

I know drills are persoanl preferences and reflect what you want to work on. But some basic drills in Amicus parameters can give me a head start. Greatly appreicate it!

In this thread, drills from Newgy were mentioned and attached. I thought Newgy cannot program different spins and trajectories in one saved drill. Are their drills that much valuable to us Amicus users?

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 21:45 

I set up my Amicus Pro last night. Overall I am very happy with it. Comparing to the three robots I owned (Newgy. Xushaofa and Y&T 98G), this is the best and will stay with me for a while. I gave my Newgy to a friend and the other two died. Y&T just failed to start and never generated enough spins. Just took this opportunity to get an Amicus I always wanted and it was pricy at the time.

I only have one issue and not sure if it is a probelm. My remote works eratically: sometimes it works fine and sometime it is very delayed and other times it does not do anything.

According to manual, I should be able to set rotary to non '0' position to use remote or start/stop button to start or stop. It works sometimes and other times it will start as soon as I turned the rotary. Maybe I did not use it correctly? I should always leave rotary to '0' to use remote? Or you guys (amicus Pro owners) only use start/stop button on contral panel.

So the rotary controls both ball frequencies and start/stop ball releases? Strange design I would say.

Also I can't find the power switch. It does not have one? I have to plug and unplug each time?

I checked 79-99 memory slots and they are not empty - not blinking. But when I tried to use them, very few balls landed on the table. Balls are very fast and spinny. Maybe Richie Prause pulled an April fool joke on me? If the balls were intended that way, the drills can only be helpful for Michael Maze or Ma Long.

Appreciate for any help.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2015, 00:10 

No, you are doing it correctly. You set the ball frequency on the control panel, and use the remote to start/stop the sending of balls. If it starts sending them right away, it's possible that your start button on the control panel is stuck down. You could fix that by opening up the control panel and adjusting the top panel a little. But you also said that the remote sometimes is delayed, so I'm not sure if the pro Len could be with the panel. Delayed and erratic remote responsiveness would sound like the remote needs battery replacement...

No power switch, I know - the marketing stuff says it has one. I haven't given that much thought, but you're right, where is it? I just unplug the cable from the control panel to turn it off. Easier for me than unplugging. I wonder if it would be ok to just leave it on all the time. One of these days I will measure the power consumption while it is plugged in...

I haven't tried the pre programmed drills yet. If the balls miss the table, maybe you need to change the height of the robot? Did you try the calibration function?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2015, 01:20 

Blade: Dawei DW2
FH: Air DefenderS 2.1
BH: Air DefenderS 1.9
Quote:
You set the ball frequency on the control panel, and use the remote to start/stop the sending of balls. If it starts sending them right away, it's possible that your start button on the control panel is stuck down.

Hmm...on mine, with Ball/min set to 0, when I press Start/Stop on remote robot will shoot one ball. If I turn Ball/min up to 20 or higher, balls start coming after a couple seconds automatically. I can then use Start/Stop on remote to stop and start flow of balls. I thought this was just how it was supposed to work, but now wondering if MY start button on control panel is messed up...

I have not found a power switch either. Seems odd, but I guess it's ok just to unplug it. I left it on almost all day yesterday as I coming in and doing drills periodically through out the day, and it never had an issue starting right up again.

One weird things mine does occasionally is when I start a drill, the first 3-5 balls come out at a much higher frequency than I have set, then it calms down and continues sending balls at the right frequency. Anyone else experience this?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2015, 03:59 

I played with my Amicus Pro a bit more last night. It seems like I need to press the red start/stop button on the reomote real hard till a red flash shows up. It actually worked.

The part about rotary switch is still unclear. But if I switch it a non 0 position, it will start to release balls. I will press remote to stop. Then I can swtich to any position it will not start again till I press remote start/stop button again.

Anyway it is not very intuitive.

Also I read the manual and it clearly says not to leave the system power on for a long time. My plan is to get a power strip that comes with a swtich and use that switch to turn it on/off. I hate to plug and unplug...

Regarding the new saved drills, I must adjust them before I can use them. The balls are hit so hard. I am afraid to even try to return those balls.

Still overall, I am really happy with this robot and is already helpful for my skill improvement. It can produce much slower but hearvier under/top spin balls compared to all other 3 robots I used to own. It makes speed and spin truly independent.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2015, 19:00 

Hi

I owned the robot for 3 days now.

I first thought that by pressing the sample button would only serve one ball and stops but instead it kept on serving the same ball continuously without stop in high speed ball/mins, is this normal?

Those pre-programmed drills by Richard needs to have the robot neck lowered to the lowest possible then the shots will be fine and would not overpower shooting out of bounds.

However I had experienced some problems where after say 20-30 mins of use, the robot slightly increases the shooting power where the pre-programmed drill shots would suddenly overpower and goes out of bound as if each shot had speed increased but this means in general the robot somehow increase its shooting power slightly after some time of use.

Also like some have mentioned before in this forum where the aim placement from left to right will be off and inaccurate after some placement adjustments especially during programming which became annoying because I have to manually move that aim placement piece to the center and making sure placement setting to the center is selected before doing that.

(The above 2 problems would be solved of course if I restart the robot by unplug and plug but that's troublesome.)

Can someone explain how the adjustment tube works? I don't see how it helps adjusting, would be nice if someone screenshot how it works.

Lastly, can anyone explain Calibration to me, in the manual 3.7 CALIBRATION, it says to press two Trajectory buttons? that sounds confusing, I assumed the two trajectory button is the up arrow and down arrow to be pressed at the same time? but nothing happened, manual says "the robot should now play a ball without any spin near the center of the table." I don't know how to make that work without shutting down the robot and back on.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2015, 05:20 

spectazular wrote:
Hi

Those pre-programmed drills by Richard needs to have the robot neck lowered to the lowest possible then the shots will be fine and would not overpower shooting out of bounds.

Lastly, can anyone explain Calibration to me, in the manual 3.7 CALIBRATION, it says to press two Trajectory buttons? that sounds confusing, I assumed the two trajectory button is the up arrow and down arrow to be pressed at the same time? but nothing happened, manual says "the robot should now play a ball without any spin near the center of the table." I don't know how to make that work without shutting down the robot and back on.

I actually went into each of the drills and lower the 'Trajactory' and 'Speed'. I need my manual neck height at second level so I can use 'Serve' mode. Also at the original speeds, balls are hit too hard for me.

When I press two Trajectory up/down buttons, it seems it did exactly the same as you power up the system. I hear the same types of clickings. Maybe it is a way without shut down and restart? I just restart the system ...

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2015, 12:29 

When I press the two up down Trajectory buttons, nothing happened, I even tried press and holding both buttons for longer and didn't work :(
all the cables were plugged in, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015, 02:05 

Probably your controller is bad. Mine went bad after two weeks . I have been waiting over 6 weeks now for a replacement controller. The controller is back ordered from the manufacture.

The problem with my controller is that the memory function doesn't work, it is frustrating not able to save and recall my routines. Luckily other functions are working so far.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015, 02:14 

It could also be that it's an older controller. I don't believe the original controllers had the calibration feature. If it has the preprgrammed drills though, then it would be the newer controller.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015, 22:07 

Sorry it was my bad but not 100% my bad because the manual isn't well written here.

I got the calibration to work now.

What the manual should have explained better is before you press and HOLD the two up/down trajectory buttons,
You need to have the ball/min set to 0.
If you're still in the memory or cluster mode, you need to quit by holding the Quit button until the display screen becomes blank.
Now you can proceed by press HOLD the two up/down buttons then you'll see the letters Ca appear on the display.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2015, 15:24 

Regarding the calibration: I can hold both buttons and activate the calibration feature with no problem. However, when it starts shooting the balls and they are not in the middle of the table since the alignment has gotten off (which is generally the reason I try to recalibrate it in the first place) I can't seem to change it. The manual says to simply use the control panel, but the left/right placement light is not on and the buttons do nothing. I always have to unplug and let it restart anyways. Anybody know what I'm doing/what is going wrong?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next