OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2015, 01:20 

Blade: DHS H. Hao III
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Bfly Tenergy 05FX
iskandar taib wrote:
There's certainly something to be said about not buying fakes because you're hurting the people selling the real thing. The very existence of fakes on AliExpress makes me doubt every genuine item offered for sale on AliExpress because it may be fake, unless an Eacheng is selling it. I would never pay $80 for a sheet of Tenergy on AliExpress for this reason, or $25 for a sheet of H3 for that matter (unless Eacheng is involved). Ethics aside, you do know exactly what you are getting when you pay $30 for a "Butterfly Primorac", though. In my case, I am just curious to see how good or how bad they are. I WOULD be very, very annoyed if someone sold me a fake for the price of the real thing.

Iskandar

So that i didn't buy anything from then even if i can, and i am not willing to, i pay more and get something genuine better than paying less and getting something fake or not good enough to my expectations, no need to waste more money to save on cheap items if fake, it may end up with me to buy again the original expensive one.

Main blade is under my profile name.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2015, 08:30 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

TareqPhoto wrote:
carbonman wrote:
TareqPhoto wrote:
Anyway, i started this thread on January and bought or had my racket last month and started immediately, but the racket is really so fast and i can't control it, i won only against lower level than me by their mistakes, but my mistakes out of control with this racket was really high...

I blame the ooak forum members! They should have mentioned At the very beginning of this thread that fast equipment is not necessarily good and that you may have problems with with control! Btw - on page 1 you said 'speed or control is not a big deal for me' - what happened?

I think i meant when i said "not a big deal for me" is about having fun, i may not enjoy if i have best control blade and it does what i want but i don't enjoy or have in playing, and i was thinking to get anything just quick.

Fair enough but I don't really understand. I play for fun also but if I used equipment that negatively affected my control, made me make unforced errors, and ultimately contributed to me losing matches then this would diminish my sense of fun. You can do any shot with slower equipment - it is no way impedes your fun. I get LESS fun missing shots and losing matches but I guess everyone is different.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2015, 13:09 

carbonman wrote:

Fair enough but I don't really understand. I play for fun also but if I used equipment that negatively affected my control, made me make unforced errors, and ultimately contributed to me losing matches then this would diminish my sense of fun. You can do any shot with slower equipment - it is no way impedes your fun. I get LESS fun missing shots and losing matches but I guess everyone is different.

Yes, you are right, so i will use the blade that was recommended for me here and see if this is any help or better to give me more winner shots, if yes then you are correct, if not then it is not the equipment, in this case fast r slow doesn't matter, but i have to try that first and see, hope i can go there soon if possible.

I don't know what style or how i should play, offensively or defensively, i can have winner shots with both, but i should choose one style rather than use both in one game, and sometimes i feel or think if i can be offensively i will win the game but then i am wrong, and if i go with defensive i also lose the game, i am talking about facing higher level players, with lower level or beginners i can win even with my so fast racket.

i will tell you honestly, my big error or problem with higher level players is returning their serves, when i try to block or push it is so high or out table, three or 4 of them who i lost all games to using that very spinney short close to the net serves, if i try to return by chop or block or even push it is definitely out of the table, if i try to smash or hit strong or flick it will be either in the net or even out of table on side or if lucky back to opponent table side where it will be his winner shot.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2015, 16:07 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

TareqPhoto wrote:
Yes, you are right, so i will use the blade that was recommended for me here and see if this is any help or better to give me more winner shots, if yes then you are correct, if not then it is not the equipment, in this case fast r slow doesn't matter...

Chances are that you won't notice that much difference immediately because your game is still in its infancy but that doesnt mean it the advice you are getting is wrong. Fast or slow does matter but having equipment that is too fast is only one issue. Table tennis is a very demanding sport that cannot be learnt overnight. Slower equipment will defintely help (especially on service return) but experience and lots of practice are still needed. If you have poor technique then slower equipment will not help you hit more winner shots but should help you to hit less losing shots. It should also help you develop your game.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2015, 17:49 

carbonman wrote:
TareqPhoto wrote:
Yes, you are right, so i will use the blade that was recommended for me here and see if this is any help or better to give me more winner shots, if yes then you are correct, if not then it is not the equipment, in this case fast r slow doesn't matter...

Chances are that you won't notice that much difference immediately because your game is still in its infancy but that doesnt mean it the advice you are getting is wrong. Fast or slow does matter but having equipment that is too fast is only one issue. Table tennis is a very demanding sport that cannot be learnt overnight. Slower equipment will defintely help (especially on service return) but experience and lots of practice are still needed. If you have poor technique then slower equipment will not help you hit more winner shots but should help you to hit less losing shots. It should also help you develop your game.

I understand that, and i didn't start from zero anyway, i stopped playing since i stopped in 2004, and the coach told me it is something you can't forget like riding the bike or driving a car, so i still have the technique, poor or good this depends on what i want and how i practice or if i want to improve by coaching or playing against strong players, but i really think that maybe the equipment does matter, because i remember in the first time i played last month after very long i haven't any racket and i was given one from the coach that is stored, the racket conditions wasn't that good, but when i played with it,...... i felt like i should go with fake or even very cheap blade will be way better, because the racket didn't give me anything to win, no speed, no control, no spin, nothing, but good that i still remember few techniques that helped me not losing with 0 score, and when i played next time with my custom blade i bought fast BTY, i was able to win and play better and i had something, either speed or spin, but i think as you said is that i must go with control slower racket now and growing from there, and so i will use N-11 next time and keep using it until one day i go back to my fast blade.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2015, 18:20 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

TareqPhoto wrote:
...but i think as you said is that i must go with control slower racket now and growing from there, and so i will use N-11 next time and keep using it until one day i go back to my fast blade.

Or, like many many very strong players, you may never go back to it. As was mentioned on page 1 of this thread 'fast' does not necessarily equal 'good' or 'better'. Once you have improved and have a fully developed game you will know what equipment suits you best. Until then work on improving your game and in doing so you will improve your fun. :)

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2015, 19:26 

carbonman wrote:
TareqPhoto wrote:
...but i think as you said is that i must go with control slower racket now and growing from there, and so i will use N-11 next time and keep using it until one day i go back to my fast blade.

Or, like many many very strong players, you may never go back to it. As was mentioned on page 1 of this thread 'fast' does not necessarily equal 'good' or 'better'. Once you have improved and have a fully developed game you will know what equipment suits you best. Until then work on improving your game and in doing so you will improve your fun. :)

Ok, i will keep that in mind, thanks!

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2015, 02:09 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Not being able to return serves is a natural part of table tennis and there's no real fix other than more practice. The guys at work wish they could return my serves and I wish I could return Brett's serves but neither will happen unless practice happens. (Or in the case of my returning Brett's serves, it'll never happen no matter how hard I practice! :lol: )

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2015, 02:11 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Not being able to return serves is a natural part of table tennis and there's no real fix other than more practice. The guys at work wish they could return my serves and I wish I could return Brett's serves but neither will happen unless practice happens. (Or in the case of my returning Brett's serves, it'll never happen no matter how hard I practice! :lol: )

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2015, 02:37 

I went to the club today with my daughter although i am not in mood, i didn't play games but my purpose was just to practice, so i started with one player who i know is a higher level player, and ended up like he was practicing on me, i tried with N-11 first for short time, then i felt he wanted someone offensive, so i swapped to my Butterfly and continued with that until the coach arrived and then asked me that he will train the player.

I stopped for short time busy with my daughters then i practiced with another player, and with that player [he is asian, maybe korean or chinese i am not sure] i used N-11 only, but i don't know why i felt it was heavier than my Butterfly blade+rubber, so i guess that the rubber 9000E is really heavy, because the blade N-11 is lighter than my BTY Jun Mizutani. With this blade i understand why you recommend it, it was really nice, that asian player was very good with his FH and BH, sure if i played games against him i will lose, but with the practice with him and his offensive shots i was able to return most of his shots and attacks and i was able to attack too better than my BTY, so thanks for it, i will see later when i use another racket as i bought defensive blade already and asked the coach to order rubbers for me, one rubber is long pimples, i am sure if i could manage to return that player fast shots good enough then with long pimples i may able to make things difficult on him.

At the end, fast blade is really amazing, it is for attack, and i did some attacks over higher level players and they couldn't return, but my attack was like only 10% of any game, so i couldn't keep that attack precisely, and if i knew or used that Chinese blade before last time than today i may able to have better results than big many loses, i will keep using it, but i have to admit that i am really bad in my positions and angles and movements, 1-2 return shots on table fine then 3rd ball is error most of the time, my technique is good only on beginners or intermediate who are not have coaching, so i hope one day i can pay for coaching too.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2015, 19:22 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Weigh the bats, that will tell you. Some can be head heavy though.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2015, 20:13 

Cobalt wrote:
Weigh the bats, that will tell you. Some can be head heavy though.

Ok, thanks :up:

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2015, 00:06 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Tenergy is supposedly heavy.

Not sure what 9000 weighs, the four sheets I got were not rectangular. You still have two uncut sheets, right? Weigh them, then measure their height and width and post the results here. Prediction: the red sheet will weigh more than the black one.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2015, 00:53 

iskandar taib wrote:
Tenergy is supposedly heavy.

Not sure what 9000 weighs, the four sheets I got were not rectangular. You still have two uncut sheets, right? Weigh them, then measure their height and width and post the results here. Prediction: the red sheet will weigh more than the black one.

Iskandar

I did cut the two i attached to the blade already, the other 2 are still in their pack and i won't open yet, but doesn't matter, heavy or not i should get used to it, maybe that heavy what gives it the control, but i don't think the weight is a factor of control.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13