OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2015, 01:54 

Obi-wan wrote:
Sudeeppa wrote:
Please post a review of the w6 here. Would like to know how it plays.
Thanks

Not a review. To early for something serious.
My first impressions (after 2 hours of play with Friendship Cream transcend) of W-6 are positive of course...
Control and stability of this blade are impeccable. It loops really well but "loop king" is exaggeration. Lot of blades loop just as well as W-6. Best feature from first two hours is very safe and strong backhand shot. You can counter forehand on opponents forehand side with no trouble at all. Cream transcend is a bit beginners rubber (great control but average speed and spin) so I think this blade is going to really shine with something with more spin.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2015, 01:29 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Actually, if you think about it.. what does Yinhe make that ISN'T for looping?? Not terribly much. Two or three pips-out sheets, one or two defensive blades (which can still be used for looping), maybe some of those superfast balsa blades (which would be meant for blocking and hitting close to the table)... And I suppose you could mention tables and racket cases and such, but I won't... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 09:25 

Blade: Yinhe T 11+
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z1
BH: Stiga Mantra H
Obi-wan wrote:
Sudeeppa wrote:
Please post a review of the w6 here. Would like to know how it plays.
Thanks

Not a review. To early for something serious.
My first impressions (after 2 hours of play with Friendship Cream transcend) of W-6 are positive of course...
Control and stability of this blade are impeccable. It loops really well but "loop king" is exaggeration. Lot of blades loop just as well as W-6. Best feature from first two hours is very safe and strong backhand shot. You can counter forehand on opponents forehand side with no trouble at all. Cream transcend is a bit beginners rubber (great control but average speed and spin) so I think this blade is going to really shine with something with more spin.

I am about to get a W-6 for myself. So would you think the Yinhe W-6 with Butterfly Tenergy 80 (or FX) and DHS Hurricane Neo 3 would be good for mid-distance looping and blocking? Would this be too fast?
So far, my only concern is that the W-6 weighs about 86g when I am keen on something in the 75g range. Also I prefer the Yinhe T11+ but it maybe too hard/stiff for looping.

Appreciates your input and advice. Thanks.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 11:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

lionto wrote:
I am about to get a W-6 for myself. So would you think the Yinhe W-6 with Butterfly Tenergy 80 (or FX) and DHS Hurricane Neo 3 would be good for mid-distance looping and blocking? Would this be too fast?
So far, my only concern is that the W-6 weighs about 86g when I am keen on something in the 75g range. Also I prefer the Yinhe T11+ but it maybe too hard/stiff for looping.

Appreciates your input and advice. Thanks.

For me the W6 is a little slow and too heavy. The N11 is just right and the right price to boot!

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 16:56 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Interesting re the N11. I've got one and only used a few times and for an ALL blade I thought it was faster and harder than my other ALL/ ALL + blades. Perhaps i might like the W-6.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 18:07 
Super User

W6 is fantastic for looping. I have used with H3, H3 Neo, TG3N, Sanwei T88-i on forehand. The H3 Neo is very spinny, but I prefer the TG3N (DHS Skyline 3 Neo) as petter mid distance and more speed, if a little less spin the H3 Neo.
I found hurricane rubbers worked well on b/h side too - but tensor type rubber much better - Palio Macro Era was the best I tried.
I moved away to try some bigger brand names - Joola Wing Medium plays similar for twice the price, and am now trialing the Donic Waldner Carbon Senso (as Donci sponsor me - it'd be rude not too!) - but I think I will end up back with the W6 and TG3N - and probably a Donic rubber on the b/h.
The W6 (aka loop king) as said is great for looping, slow, spinny and power / hook loops, and has great touch and feel. I found the flew was not great for my b/h, but since trying other blades, it's evident that's my weakness! Going back to W6 will bring the most our of my strengths, leaving me to work on my weakness, either with training, or just becoming even more f/h orientated, which this blade excels at for me.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015, 06:56 

Thanks stupet11. That was very helpful. Quite confident now that W-6 and hurricane Neo H3/Skyline 3 and Tenergy 80 would loop well from mid-distance. However I am still concerned with the weight of the blade. My current blade is almost the same weight at 86g. Everytime I do a backhand flip I have painful fingers.
The Tenergy 80 is also a heavy rubber too. So if I cannot find anything lighter and just as appropriate I will need to settle on the W-6 and perhaps try to strengthen my fingers instead. :D

Thank you everyone for all your views and advice.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 20:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Cobalt wrote:
Interesting re the N11. I've got one and only used a few times and for an ALL blade I thought it was faster and harder than my other ALL/ ALL + blades. Perhaps i might like the W-6.

You know, this could be the very reason why I like it (the N11) so much - it does feel different compared to other blades. Keme says it's got amazing touch for loops, which is true, but it's the hitting which feels so nice for me. Problem is I find describing playing characteristics difficult - things can be too slow or too fast or I can't control something OR it feels "really nice" when hitting/looping/chopping. And then I run out of things to say because I don't KNOW what a "flexible" blade is supposed to feel like, or how something with "lots of dwell" is supposed to feel like.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 17:40 

As I have always been a 1 blade/racket man (the W-6), I couldn't know for sure what dwell time/flex in blades really feel. However. the last few weeks I have been playing with many different carbon blades, including some very stiff ones, like the Palio TCT and TC-7. Now I can feel the differences.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 12:07 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
lionto wrote:
As I have always been a 1 blade/racket man (the W-6), I couldn't know for sure what dwell time/flex in blades really feel. However. the last few weeks I have been playing with many different carbon blades, including some very stiff ones, like the Palio TCT and TC-7. Now I can feel the differences.

Interested to hear you elaborate on this. How did you think it was different? What did you notice? Did you think it was better or worse or just different? Would you play any different or get different results in matches if you used these alternative blades?

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 14:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Obi-wan wrote:
W-6 is called loop king so it makes sense to use it for looping game :-) I heard it is great blade.
I ordered it a few days ago and it is going to be my next blade. I plan to try these cheap and fine Chinese rubbers on it:

Friendship Super FX
Friendship Cream transcend
Friendship Faster
Friendship Higher
Friendship XET Xi-Enting
Friendship Focus III snipe
Friendship 729-5
Friendship RITC General
Reactor Corbor
Reactor Thunder
Kokutaku BLutenkirsche 868

Out of curiosity - did you ever get to try all of these rubbers? Any real differences?

Cobalt wrote:
lionto wrote:

Interested to hear you elaborate on this. How did you think it was different? What did you notice? Did you think it was better or worse or just different? Would you play any different or get different results in matches if you used these alternative blades?

The one or two carbon blades I've tried (one was the HRT Red Crystal Carbon - the one with the silver glitter on the blade.. :lol: ) felt "harder", mainly because they "rang" when the ball hit them (i.e. high frequency vibrations). I've heard people say that carbon blades are "unpleasant" because of this. I suppose we tend to associate higher frequency vibrations to things which are harder and lower frequency vibrations with softer things. Think wood and steel. I have some pultruded carbon arrowshafts that ring like a bell when you allow them to drop on the floor, by contrast I also have spiral-wound shafts (mainly fiberglass, even if they are black) which have a lower-frequency "dull" sound when allowed to do the same.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2016, 09:52 

Hi Cobalt
When I first tried the carbon blades, it just felt different from my W-6. It was more bouncy, very fast and of course more stiff. I need to adjust my strokes, just much more faster execution and blade angle. But when I played with both carbon and my W-6 alternatively, it was then that I noticed the flex. Definitely I prefer some flex and I can get more control but then I realise speed and flex does not go together.
I enjoyed playing with both types of blades, depending on the level of play. But if 'better' mean't better results in competitions than it would have to be the carbon blades. I don't play competitions. So if playing against my level of players, I do enjoy the W-6 for a good sweaty workout. But against better players who are whacking the hell out of me I'll play the carbon blade, just to give them back a tiny bit of their own dose. (When stroking with many better players, they will ultimately suggest playing 'points'. I supposed it's for their improvement)

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2016, 09:54 

Hi Iskandar,
I haven't tried any of the rubbers mentioned - if the question was directed at me.
And no sound will bother me at all, because I have a slight hearing problem and don't hear very well. :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2016, 12:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

lionto wrote:
I enjoyed playing with both types of blades, depending on the level of play. But if 'better' mean't better results in competitions than it would have to be the carbon blades. I don't play competitions. So if playing against my level of players, I do enjoy the W-6 for a good sweaty workout. But against better players who are whacking the hell out of me I'll play the carbon blade, just to give them back a tiny bit of their own dose. (When stroking with many better players, they will ultimately suggest playing 'points'. I supposed it's for their improvement)

If you can't hit/loop as hard with the W6 as you can with the carbon, you're doing it wrong, at least, according to this guy.. :lol:

I guess the lesson here is that speed doesn't come from equipment.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2016, 14:19 

I kind of agree to most of what the above video said. Equipment does not replace technique and training. Ideally the blade should be an extension of our limbs. If we can do that then we have probably reached our highest level. And yes, this might be the secret why the players from China are the best in the world, consistency and hard training.
But I do not agree about speed and spin not being aided by equipment. Surely the speed and spin generated would be different if hit by different materials. Now I believed that I can hit both the carbon blades and my W-6 with all my strength, therefore should be equally hard. Well with my W-6, I needed my full strength for mid distance looping. With the carbon blades I could even do some on my back hand. And I don't have the natural strength anymore. That's why I resorted to some help from equipment.
BTW, there may be some flaws in the video. It shows / try to suggest that Ma Long was using Butterfly rubbers. Maybe I was wrong.