OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Yinhe blades
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2015, 22:56 

Hello everybody.
I have Yinhe T-8 blade. I am not completely satisfied with it.
Thus, I'd like to learn more about other offensive blades from Yinhe. Please share your opinions if you have different blade models of Yinhe.

I am an offensive player and prefer to play close to the table and in mid zone. I try to attack at the slightest possibility and exercise pressure on my opponent with every ball. It's mostly blocking from BH and drive looping from FH.

Last edited by alex5908 on 11 Mar 2015, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Yinhe blades
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2015, 23:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
I have a number of yinhe blades. I play more modern defence than anything else and so my favorite are the LQ-2 and the LQ-1. The LQ-2 has more flex and more control. I think these 2 blades are as good or better than any other defender blades out there and cheaper too (about 50 US dollars).

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2015, 23:39 

Sorry, I've missed "OFFENSIVE" blades.

I am an offensive player and prefer to play close to the table and in mid zone. I try to attack at the slightest possibility and exercise pressure on my opponent with every ball. It's mostly blocking from BH and drive looping from FH.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 04:31 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
What don't you like about the T-8? I have the T-7, the T-8, and the T-11+. Played with the T-7 for a year, currently playing with the T-11+ (about a month now), have not played with the T-8 yet, so I don't have any opinions on it.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 10:27 

GMan4911 wrote:
What don't you like about the T-8? I have the T-7, the T-8, and the T-11+. Played with the T-7 for a year, currently playing with the T-11+ (about a month now), have not played with the T-8 yet, so I don't have any opinions on it.

T-8 is toooo hard. Which one out of those you used you like best?

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 12:57 
Super User

alex5908 wrote:
GMan4911 wrote:

Well, I paired the T-7 with H3 unboosted both sides and played with that for a year. I find it to be an excellent controlled attacker's combo. Does everything well - block, push, chop, loop, serves, short game - when playing close to the table. Control was amazing, shots were landing even with less than perfect technique. Not as good for mid distance play - requires a lot of energy to get the ball over the net. What prompted me to try the T-11+ was that I wanted a little bit more speed without giving up the control. With the T-11+, I feel like I have the speed that I'm looking for but I'm giving up a little bit of control, but just a little. A few of my shots that normally would've landed with the T-7 are now going off the table. However, I'm also making other shots that I didn't think I could before either. And the lighter weight allows me to swing hard and not tire as quickly. So you gain in some areas but lose in others. I like the T-11+ enough that I will continue with it awhile longer.

Some of the reviews on the T Series blades say the dwell time is very short to non-existent, which I'm finding to be an exaggeration. Maybe the rubbers they used were quite fast, I don't know. I have a 7 ply DHS blade from the 80's which defines zero dwell time. Balls pop off that blade like a rocket. Very hard to control.

If you are a close to the table player, then I'd recommend trying the T-7. It is the 3+2 version of the T-8. Same wood, fewer plies. More controllable.

I don't know what your skill level is or what kind of rubber you're using now but another option is to find a rubber that will give you a bit more dwell time. Something not too bouncy. Try Sanwei T88-I, the no target stamp version. Not as tacky as H3 and a slightly softer sponge. Like H3, the control is very good. Very grippy, can generate tons of spin. Some say as good as or better than Tenergy in that regard. Easier to play with than H3 for sure. If you've never played with Chinese rubbers, that's a good one to try. I have that on my BH now.

Last edited by GMan4911 on 12 Mar 2015, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 16:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

N11. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 23:09 

iskandar taib wrote:
N11. :lol:

Iskandar

What about N11? What is good about it?

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2015, 00:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It's cheap. And it's good for.. um, everything other than chopping. I like more than any other blade I've tried so far.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2015, 01:48 
Super User

alex5908 wrote:
Hello everybody.
I have Yinhe T-8 blade. I am not completely satisfied with it.
Thus, I'd like to learn more about other offensive blades from Yinhe. Please share your opinions if you have different blade models of Yinhe.

I really like Huaruite Clipper (HRT 2091). It is not Yinhe but who cares, costs only 20 $ on ebay (shipping included). It is Clipper clone and it can do everything. Nice speed, control and dwell time. Great for power looping. You can even play allround game (nice defensive ability) with slower rubbers. Best blade I tried so far... It is a bit fast for my style. I play all+ and this blade is fast off-. My Yinhe W-6 is coming soon but if it turns too slow, I'm getting HRT Clipper again...

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 10:58 

Blade: Yinhe T 11+
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z1
BH: Stiga Mantra H
GMan4911 wrote:
alex5908 wrote:
GMan4911 wrote:

Well, I paired the T-7 with H3 unboosted both sides and played with that for a year. I find it to be an excellent controlled attacker's combo. Does everything well - block, push, chop, loop, serves, short game - when playing close to the table. Control was amazing, shots were landing even with less than perfect technique. Not as good for mid distance play - requires a lot of energy to get the ball over the net. What prompted me to try the T-11+ was that I wanted a little bit more speed without giving up the control. With the T-11+, I feel like I have the speed that I'm looking for but I'm giving up a little bit of control, but just a little. A few of my shots that normally would've landed with the T-7 are now going off the table. However, I'm also making other shots that I didn't think I could before either. And the lighter weight allows me to swing hard and not tire as quickly. So you gain in some areas but lose in others. I like the T-11+ enough that I will continue with it awhile longer.

Some of the reviews on the T Series blades say the dwell time is very short to non-existent, which I'm finding to be an exaggeration. Maybe the rubbers they used were quite fast, I don't know. I have a 7 ply DHS blade from the 80's which defines zero dwell time. Balls pop off that blade like a rocket. Very hard to control.

If you are a close to the table player, then I'd recommend trying the T-7. It is the 3+2 version of the T-8. Same wood, fewer plies. More controllable.

I don't know what your skill level is or what kind of rubber you're using now but another option is to find a rubber that will give you a bit more dwell time. Something not too bouncy. Try Sanwei T88-I, the no target stamp version. Not as tacky as H3 and a slightly softer sponge. Like H3, the control is very good. Very grippy, can generate tons of spin. Some say as good as or better than Tenergy in that regard. Easier to play with than H3 for sure. If you've never played with Chinese rubbers, that's a good one to try. I have that on my BH now.

Hi GMan4911, As you are current using the T-11+ I would appreciate your views on T-11+ with Tenergy 80 (of FX) and DHS Hurricane Neo 3. I guess my play is all-round play but I would like to play mid-distance more as my reflexes are no longer as fast for close table play(getting on in age). My current blade, Friendship 729 A-2 with Yasaka Mark V and Nittaku Flyatt requires so much power input from mid-distance.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 14:44 
Super User

lionto wrote:
Hi GMan4911, As you are current using the T-11+ I would appreciate your views on T-11+ with Tenergy 80 (of FX) and DHS Hurricane Neo 3. I guess my play is all-round play but I would like to play mid-distance more as my reflexes are no longer as fast for close table play(getting on in age). My current blade, Friendship 729 A-2 with Yasaka Mark V and Nittaku Flyatt requires so much power input from mid-distance.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with any of the rubbers you've mentioned in combination with the T-11+. The closest would be classic H3 which I'm currently using. I suspect the high tackiness of H3 (and maybe NEO H3) might be a problem for you, at least until some of the tackiness has worn off. With a new sheet of H3, I was hitting/blocking the ball into the net more than usual but quite a bit less now that most of the tackiness has worn off. If you have the patience to break in H3, it is a good match for the T-11+ if you play close to mid distance, fast yet controllable. The Limba outer ply gives it a softish feel.

Last edited by GMan4911 on 31 Mar 2015, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 16:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I went to go look at the T-series blades:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/202364/ ... xy+T+blade

I was under the impression that these were all balsa blades, but I was wrong. Only the T9, T10+ and T11+ were balsa. They all use carbon or some other cloth, though. The T8 is a supposed speed demon (carbon-arylate), the T7 is the same except thinner and slower. Both weigh around 85-88g. The T9 has carbon on one side only, and is very thick (9mm). Supposed to be used as a combination racket, the no-carbon side is supposedly slower. The T11+ is 7.3mm, has two carbon layers, probably a little slower (but I'll bet it's still very fast), weighs 70g. The T10+ is 10mm thick, has two carbon plies, Cypress (Hinoki?) faces and should be ultra-fast, 72g. Most of these are around $25-30, the T9 is more expensive (over $40).

T7:

T8:

T9:

T10+:

T11+:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 05:16 

I learned how to play on a T-7 in 2009 with 2 sheets of Hurricane 2 (both black! LOL - it's China, No one cared). I still use it with 1 sheet of Hurricane 2, 2mm, but I now use Palio CK531A LP on the bh.
I just TODAY bought a T-5 with RITC Friendship Super 729 FX on the bh and RITC Friendship Faster on the fh. Both 2.2mm sponge. I am planning next to buy the T6 with a tacky inverted rubber on the fh and SP on the bh.
I haven't glued up the T-5 yet, it's still in the box. I can't find ANY reviews of the T-5. It seems to be the forgotten blade. People always talk about the T-4, T-6, T-7 etc, but seem to skip right over the very obvious T-5. Hardly a mention of it anywhere on the Internet. Please if anyone has experience with this blade let me know, or let me know why it is not reviewed anywhere. :(

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 119.12 KiB | Viewed 3662 times ]

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2015, 23:23 

Just picked up the T-6 today as well as Friendship RITC Geo Spin Tacky for the fh and Friendship RITC Tack-Speed 802 (sp) for the bh.
Now I've got the T-5, T-6, T-7. I love these blades, the price to quality is great. I still can't find any reviews of the T-5 |(

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 54.29 KiB | Viewed 3491 times ]