OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Oct 2019, 03:54


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: DHS Wind Carbon
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 23:44 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 22:47
Posts: 915
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
anybody tried this? How heavy is it? What rubbers would go well on it for agressive flathitting and blocking game (non-pips).

anybody tried the new dhs pf4 08-032. This a hard wood blade good for hitting and blocking.

Image[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 01:01 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 22:47
Posts: 915
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
BUMP


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 17:28 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 22:47
Posts: 915
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
bump bump


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 00:13 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Joined: 03 Feb 2007, 12:32
Posts: 1455
Location: USA
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 22 times
My DHS Wind Carbon CW-D (penhold) is 96 grams and one of the fastest blades I've ever used. Too fast for me.

I had an older DHS 08 in penhold, it was 93 grams and some are over 100. It is a very hard and fast (but thin) blade for hitters, the classic Chinese short pips blade before the team upgraded to the Avalox P-700.

Nothing special about it except the price. I wouldn't pay too much for one.

_________________
-- Andrew

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
Armstrong Attack 3L 40 1.8 red
Nittaku Nodias 1.8 black

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
TSP Spectol Blue 43 hardness 1.5 red
Air Scirocco SN 1.8 black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 02:01 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 22:47
Posts: 915
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
agooding2 wrote:
My DHS Wind Carbon CW-D (penhold) is 96 grams and one of the fastest blades I've ever used. Too fast for me.

I had an older DHS 08 in penhold, it was 93 grams and some are over 100. It is a very hard and fast (but thin) blade for hitters, the classic Chinese short pips blade before the team upgraded to the Avalox P-700.

Nothing special about it except the price. I wouldn't pay too much for one.


the wind carbon is like 20 euro here that dhs 08-032 blade new model see the picture above is 8 euro. But What rubbers would go well on them for agressive flathitting and blocking style game (non-pips)?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 02:20 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Joined: 03 Feb 2007, 12:32
Posts: 1455
Location: USA
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 22 times
As they are so fast, when I used inverted I put the slowest, softest thing I could find on them, like Donic Supersonic, Tibhar Makss, Joola Terminator.

Of the Chinese inverted rubbers, Palio CJ8000 worked well on the 08 and LKT Pro XP worked well on the Wind Carbon blades.

_________________
-- Andrew

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
Armstrong Attack 3L 40 1.8 red
Nittaku Nodias 1.8 black

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
TSP Spectol Blue 43 hardness 1.5 red
Air Scirocco SN 1.8 black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 02:43 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 22:47
Posts: 915
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
agooding2 wrote:
As they are so fast, when I used inverted I put the slowest, softest thing I could find on them, like Donic Supersonic, Tibhar Makss, Joola Terminator.

Of the Chinese inverted rubbers, Palio CJ8000 worked well on the 08 and LKT Pro XP worked well on the Wind Carbon blades.


wouldnt soft rubber bottom out too quickly on such blades? Maybe it works if you use super thick sponge but that's not what'I'm after.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 02:47 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Joined: 03 Feb 2007, 12:32
Posts: 1455
Location: USA
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 22 times
sunflex wrote:
wouldnt soft rubber bottom out too quickly on such blades? Maybe it works if you use super thick sponge but that's not what'I'm after.


If you can use hard rubber and blades this fast, more power to you.

_________________
-- Andrew

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
Armstrong Attack 3L 40 1.8 red
Nittaku Nodias 1.8 black

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
TSP Spectol Blue 43 hardness 1.5 red
Air Scirocco SN 1.8 black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 04:03 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 14 Dec 2006, 22:47
Posts: 915
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
agooding2 wrote:
sunflex wrote:
wouldnt soft rubber bottom out too quickly on such blades? Maybe it works if you use super thick sponge but that's not what'I'm after.


If you can use hard rubber and blades this fast, more power to you.


hmm I'll buy that 08-32 blade a the nationals at the end of this month and I will try my current rubbers on it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 06:38 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 22:06
Posts: 865
Location: Romania
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
DHS CW-C feels something like T-series from Galaxy or like softer MC-series ? Cause I have Galaxy MC-1 and it was supposed to be a stiff, speed demon , but it is soft and flexy ...and sexy :P

_________________
Xiom Strato , St
FH: DHS H3 prov, max
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05FX, max


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 07:03 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Joined: 03 Feb 2007, 12:32
Posts: 1455
Location: USA
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 22 times
vali wrote:
DHS CW-C feels something like T-series from Galaxy or like softer MC-series ? Cause I have Galaxy MC-1 and it was supposed to be a stiff, speed demon , but it is soft and flexy ...and sexy :P


I'd say the T-series, nothing slow or soft about it at all.

_________________
-- Andrew

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
Armstrong Attack 3L 40 1.8 red
Nittaku Nodias 1.8 black

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
TSP Spectol Blue 43 hardness 1.5 red
Air Scirocco SN 1.8 black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 19:00 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 03 Sep 2008, 19:34
Posts: 113
Location: Sydney, AUS
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
If you are a penholder and if you're going to block and flat hit, don't use a heavy blade...the transition from block to forehand is too hard with a heavy blade! :P

_________________
' Winners never quit and quitters never win. ' Jorgen Persson

729 BOMB Penhold
FH Tenergy 05
BH Palio CK531A

I is penholder . :D
Chopping with SH is fun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 20:50 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Joined: 03 Feb 2007, 12:32
Posts: 1455
Location: USA
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 22 times
Canto_shmo wrote:
If you are a penholder and if you're going to block and flat hit, don't use a heavy blade...the transition from block to forehand is too hard with a heavy blade! :P


What an odd thing to say. Most single sided penholders used very heavy blades, often over 100 grams. Chinese born penholders often said my setups were too light when they weighed 140 grams then

I use a 110 gram blade and it much more stable on blocks and I don't have any problems transitioning from block to forehand. My setup now weighs about 180 grams.

_________________
-- Andrew

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
Armstrong Attack 3L 40 1.8 red
Nittaku Nodias 1.8 black

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
TSP Spectol Blue 43 hardness 1.5 red
Air Scirocco SN 1.8 black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 20:53 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 03 Sep 2008, 19:34
Posts: 113
Location: Sydney, AUS
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Eh maybe coz I'm only 13 and used to lighter blades... :oops:

_________________
' Winners never quit and quitters never win. ' Jorgen Persson

729 BOMB Penhold
FH Tenergy 05
BH Palio CK531A

I is penholder . :D
Chopping with SH is fun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DHS Wind Carbon
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2008, 20:59 
Offline
Super Looper
Super Looper
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 07:14
Posts: 1376
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 9 times
sunflex wrote:
anybody tried this? How heavy is it? What rubbers would go well on it for agressive flathitting and blocking game (non-pips).

anybody tried the new dhs pf4 08-032. This a hard wood blade good for hitting and blocking.

Image[/img]


I got one its 105 grams wery fast not much dwell time.if you put chinese rubbers will be way to havie.
i try this blade with Joola tango in max,2.0mm,1.8mm and was great for smashes and real hitter but thats pretty much all you can get from this blade.

_________________
Blade:
F/H:
B/H:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcablig and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group