OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Help :)
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 18:40 

Guys I need help. I was thinking about my table tennis game lately, and I feel like an all-round player. My biggest advantage in TT is great footwork and stamina and great feel for the ball. My coach tried to make me an offensive player, but I just can't hit that many winners, while I am defending or in 50-50 situation I feel more comfortable.

I see myself as an all-round player, more to defensive then attacking, as I don't make many errors throughout the match, but don't get a lot of winners as well. I would like to have a high spin and heavy chop on forehand side (or just call it red rubber) and some kind of an "special rubber" on backhand side, that would give me an advantage. I want to have an special rubbers which can give me many variants of hitting the ball with similar stroke, if you understand what I mean. And I would like to have the hard chop on this one too,but also control. The price is not very important, but always the cheaper the better.

Thank you in advance !

Sincerely,
Antonio

Post subject: Re: Help :)
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 20:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome to the forum CROJoza :up:

Can you tel us what blade/rubbers you're using at the moment, and why this bat is not to your liking?

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 20:16 

Thank you for warm welcome :)

blade - Tibhar B-X
Rubbers both Acuda S2, used a lot, but I wasn't very comfortable with them from the beginning, and I wasn't in good financial situation until now. :)

I don't like current setup, because I don't get many free points, and it is very unconsistent, and I have a problem with my backhand stroke,as I often miss a lot of easy chances, so I want to compensate with some kind of a "special rubber" which will allow me to chop back in to the point. I won the match for 3rd place for my team with this setup with chopping on BH, i couldn't miss, I was simply on fire, and I think i have a potential.. :)
I want to be an all-round player who can chop hard with the BH side and make a tough spin (speed is not important to me, at least I see this way. :) ) i want to make a surprise for every opponent team in next season, which begins in two months (Third tier league in my Country.)

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 07:33 
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
There is this special rubber called "Moarpractice" for your backhand. This and another recent thread seem to be "My backhand sucks so suggest me a miracle rubber change that will fix it". A different rubber may cover it up for a while, but eventually you will find that this thing mentioned in the first sentence will become necessary. So it is either now with your current setup or later with a different setup.

When you practice, train or have matches at the club do you only hit the shots that you are good at? Try concentrating on your backhand, particularly with your service return. You may need an understanding practice partner to help with this.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 15:43 

That is problem. Nobody wants to train with me at club, only playing for points, and I am so pissed every f training.. I tried to tell them, but it's like telling the wall.. My backhand isn't that bad, but I think I could be a better player with a some kind of an "pimple" rubber on one side and spinny rubber on the other.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 18:42 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
CROJoza wrote:
That is problem. Nobody wants to train with me at club, only playing for points, and I am so pissed every f training.. I tried to tell them, but it's like telling the wall.. My backhand isn't that bad, but I think I could be a better player with a some kind of an "pimple" rubber on one side and spinny rubber on the other.

If you're looking for your first pimple a recommended Short pip is Friendship 802-40 in a thinner sponge e.g. a 1.5mm
If your BH is not great why not just concentrate on playing your FH and using your fitness to move around the table. If I remember correctly Tin-Tin Ho played FH for 2 years until she had perfected her stroke before she started working on her BH. Also have you tried playing Penhold to see if you play any better ?
Would also suggest playing a different sport e.g. Squash. An hour of this will give you a good workout and give you the ability to whack balls. Once you develop some power you can then work on your technique and how you stroke the ball. Table tennis is a very technical game when played properly. If you want to play casually there are different places that you can go to where you can play ping pong for fun.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 20:29 

Unfortunately, the nearest squash or badminton club is 100km away from me, so I can't train, even though I would like to train Badminton. As I already said, I really want to try with pimples, and if it won't work I can easily get back to the normal stuff. I would really like to try with some extreme turnaround in my play, because I am struggling to make a progress in last year and a half (went to University.. ) And my club really needs one player with pimples, because we lose many games because we aren't familiar with it...

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2015, 08:12 

Re the non-co-operation of "training partners"

It is up to you to try to practice YOUR shots. If there are shots that you could run around to take on the forehand, don't. Stay with it on your backhand. Don't worry if you don't win. Here in Australia there is a saying, "We're not playing for sheep stations", meaning that the stakes aren't very high. As not many (none?) of us here make a living out of winning table tennis matches, this is true.

Maybe you can ask around at the club if absolutely anyone, even someone seemingly below your standard is willing to drill rather than play matches. Offer to be the drill partner of someone seemingly above your standard.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2015, 10:06 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

What's a sheep station? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2015, 18:06 

Today i will try with a rubber called BlitzSchlag so we'll see :)

thank you all for advices :p

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 13:45 

Sheep station - a property used for grazing sheep - either sheared for the wool or sold off for meat. Sheep stations can range in size from o few square km to thousands of square kms.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!