OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Jan 2019, 11:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Spinlord Keiler
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2018, 02:00 

Blade: Xiom Hayabusa Z+ FL
FH: Victas V-15 Stiff Bl Max
BH: SpinLord Keiler Red 1.5
ClausTrophobie wrote:
As I wrote in the Waran thread:
The boss from spinlord confirmed on the german forum noppen-test.de, that the waran sponge has only changed in colour.

Greetings Claus

Well, the Keiler sponge plays different, regardless of the color. I'm comparing old, 3-4 year old sponges to new sponges, so there is bound to be differences. In this case the older sponges are more dynamic, except for a couple of sheets I have used the most, where the sponge has pretty well past its prime. Its the new one acts less like a boosted sponge. Maybe it just needs to be broken in?

I'm going to continue to play with it this week, and will probably load the thicker (1.8 mm) sheet on for play next week on another blade. Then compare them to the older sheet on my third blade. This should give me a better idea of any changes from my earlier sheets.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2019, 03:51 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Aurus Select 1.9
BH: Keiler 1.5
Have you been able to evaluate further the new dark orange sponge Keiler and compare it against your new 1.8mm sheet . I reckon the 1.8mm being early to mid 2018 manufacture will probably play more like the original softer yellow sponge Keiler.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2019, 03:26 

Blade: Xiom Hayabusa Z+ FL
FH: Victas V-15 Stiff Bl Max
BH: SpinLord Keiler Red 1.5
ChasFox wrote:
Have you been able to evaluate further the new dark orange sponge Keiler and compare it against your new 1.8mm sheet . I reckon the 1.8mm being early to mid 2018 manufacture will probably play more like the original softer yellow sponge Keiler.

Yes, just last night I put the 1.8 MM sheet on, and it does indeed play like the original Keiler. Felt fantastic compared to the latest sheet.

Now the question becomes, are the current sheets the new normal, or are they outliers? Maybe they received a batch that isn't boosted, or tensioned? If so maybe the next shipments will return to the original feel.

The good news is it is cheep enough that ordering another sheet won't break the bank. I think I'll wait a few months and try another sheet. Meanwhile, I have a sheet or Orkan II and Do Knuckle that I can play with as an experiment on my backup blades.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2019, 07:45 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Aurus Select 1.9
BH: Keiler 1.5
Thanks for confirming my suspicions about the dark orange sponge being rogue. Apparently it has also appeared on latest stock if Waran!

After four sessions I am giving up on my trial of Orkan as just found it a bit harmless. Nothing like the disruption capability of Keiler, slower but too bouncy on pushing and not much spin. Will glue back on an old sheet of Keiler 1.2mm or 1.5mm for time being. Orkan 2 has a different sponge so may play quite differently.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7