OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 23:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2018, 16:01 
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Hallmark Ultra
FH: Tenergy 05 FX max
BH: Rakza 7 Soft max
well, this is awkward... https://beyondblindfold.com/australia-d ... ers-claim/
if mac33 is a flat earther, and he lives in Australia - does he not exist?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2018, 18:24 

iskandar taib wrote:
Still waiting for my answer. Why doesn't the sun circle around to the North if the Earth is flat??? Here near the equator, on the equinox it rises due East, climbs STRAIGHT UP, then plunges again straight down in the West. Anyone can make this observation, NASA obviously isn't paying the sun to do it.

Iskandar
You'll be waiting for a very, very, very long time for mac to ever answer a question. It's perfectly obvious, however: NASA obviously IS paying the sun to do it !!!

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2018, 18:49 

It turns out the ultimate rebuttal of mac's nuttiness is simple maths:

Last edited by birchamboi on 08 Dec 2018, 06:26, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2018, 22:54 
Super User

Blade: Hurricane Long 3
FH: DHS Hurricane 8
BH: Tibhar MX-P
I lived in Australia for 10 years. Does this mean I am an actor, and if so, where's my money, NASA? Plus I went there and came back (to the U.K.) by sea, so pilots were not involved. Nor did I drown out at sea, never to be heard from again. Maybe I am just terribly wrong.

P.S. I wonder how many of those 200 people in Birmingham just went along for fun. I mean, the "No Australia" guy was just winding them up, right?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2018, 02:19 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

PRW wrote:
well, this is awkward... https://beyondblindfold.com/australia-d ... ers-claim/
if mac33 is a flat earther, and he lives in Australia - does he not exist?

That IS awkward. Either his friends are wrong (or are lying), or he does not, indeed, exist and we're all responding to an actor. Either way, someone is lying. Or maybe he's really in South America but doesn't realize it. Considering he's never been on a plane before, that might be the likely answer... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2018, 00:56 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

You all know the paradox (based on George Berkeley's philosophical views) about a falling tree. "If nobody is there to hear it, does a falling tree then make any sound?" Can we not take this conversely: "If you hear a tree falling, can you be sure that there was ever a tree which made the sound?"

Can nonexistent objects make a sound? Are you hearing voices that come from no-one in existence? Does anyone ever hear such voices?

And if so, can we then not draw this further towards our digital age: Can you read posts which were not posted by anyone? Is it possible that the poster behind the mac33 posts actually never existed?

Is this really a dream? And if so, why does it make me so uneasy?

Sanity, and the related state of rationality, are perhaps not static, well defined entities. Most of us possess them to varying degrees. That is how we achieve our degrees, or don't. Alas! I digress.

Is this awkward and silly? Yes, perfectly silly and unbelievably awkward! Sometimes I am awkward, and sometimes I prefer silly. I guess that is why I keep reading and responding to this thread. Also, there is a serious vein below all the silly, and that is perhaps what mostly makes me uneasy.

Terminating this with a quote from a less acclaimed philosopher than GB, though possibly held in higher acclaim for other reasons aside of philosophy:
I'll be back!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41