OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2016, 06:11 

wilkinru wrote:
I was going to stay a bit north at "SpringHill Suites Philadelphia". Here is my reasoning: I know it's a bit of a drive to the club, but I won't be going to the club at rush hour and honestly don't mind a little bit of travel (my plan was to do lots anyway). Traffic on the side streets looks fine during the week. It's cheaper, free wifi and I KNOW I'll have a place to park at night. Worrying if you'll have a spot underground in a cramped hotel parking area sucks.

You are talking about the one that is in Langhorne, close to Sesame Place ? (because there is another Springhill Suites Philadelphia). Ah, your plan was to drive all along highway 1, directly to East Falls (wow, 25 minutes in the highway means that it should be very far in real life, the scale of a google map is misleading).But may be you were in that hotel in another trip and found that getting to East Falls and coming back from there is not so terrible as it may sound.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 03:53 

I've booked my hotel for 9/1 -9/2 in Philly! With only 2 days in town I'm hoping to play all day both days and maximize the opportunity to work with Brett, NextLevel and others.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 03:56 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
freeagent wrote:
I've booked my hotel for 9/1 -9/2 in Philly! With only 2 days in town I'm hoping to play all day both days and maximize the opportunity to work with Brett, NextLevel and others.

A pits you can't do labor day weekend. Looking forward to seeing you though. Enjoy!

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 04:21 

NextLevel wrote:
freeagent wrote:

A pits you can't do labor day weekend. Looking forward to seeing you though. Enjoy!

Are you going to be around those days or just at night? What time can I get to the club that Thursday morning?

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 04:30 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

My info is on the club website. Send me a text or give me a call. I am on vacation so I can pretty much do whatever.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 07:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

freeagent wrote:
NextLevel wrote:
freeagent wrote:

Are you going to be around those days or just at night? What time can I get to the club that Thursday morning?

I'll be there for you during the day on the 1st and 2nd. We can get a lot done over those 2 days. Laj will let you know what time on Thursday.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 10:46 

A pits you can't do labor day weekend. Looking forward to seeing you though. Enjoy![/quote]

Are you going to be around those days or just at night? What time can I get to the club that Thursday morning?[/quote]

I'll be there for you during the day on the 1st and 2nd. We can get a lot done over those 2 days. Laj will let you know what time on Thursday.[/quote]

Thanks guys. I'll hit you up, Laj.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 11:07 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
It looks like I wont be able to make the Howard County Tourney Sep 3. I gotta help my daughter move on the 1st and might drive back the 2nd or 3rd. I really wanted to meet Coach Clark, but is he gunna stay in Philly for another week? Maybe I can roll up there in the Boss car the weekend of 10 Sep...

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2016, 21:54 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

As some of you know, Brett has been in my city this week. Doing some training and learning some advanced things that I may never be able to do. But it is always fun to learn .

A clip from one of the general clinics he gave the club. He does some specialized sessions with TTEdge members but he and others will have to review those before I feel I can post anything.

We still have at least one more general clinic on Friday from 7pm - 9pm. Brett is here till Wednesday next week for people planning to come in.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 04:20 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Currently sick of table tennis if you can believe that. Trained a lot and learned a lot over the past week and a half working with Brett and watching him work with others. The sport is extremely fascinating and you can only marvel at how little you know compared to what you thought you knew.

I accidentally exposed some playlists and video that I shouldn't have so if you by chance got one of them, please do not share it.

The one thing that became much better over the week and a half of training and learning was what Brett considered the optimal whip pattern for serves and most strokes. I was close to it, but he noticed some missing stuff in person that I fixed.

Brett is sick with those serves. My favorite new story (which makes me regret I didn't get it on video) took place at Westchester TTC yesterday night. Someone (a friend of mine) was talking about the impact of equipment on his ability to do good serves. Brett basically grabbed a ball and served with the palm of his hand and got heavy backspin that came back to the net (he claims he had never done it before, but that was just too funny) and then said that if you produce the right whip pattern, it works, equipment doesn't matter. My friend, who is an EJ, just quietly kept on keeping on.