OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Best off/control paddle?
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 11:23 

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Spin Art 2.1 (TBC)
BH: Spin Art 1.9
Hey guys. Could someone of you help me find a new paddle that focuses on offensive movement, consistency, and controlling the point. I know how paddles individually work with rubbers, but how do they work in combination (like control paddle and off rubber and vice versa?).

What is the BEST paddle for under $250 that has a good control favtor with a great offensive grip? I'd really hope to be able to use Tenergy, but anything is fine. Anything such as speed glue, etc is ok too.

--------------------
Additional info that does not matter:
Forehand: spinny
Backhand: quick, control needed
Grip: shake

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 11:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Under $250 you say. Hmm.. This one is definitely the best.

https://www.killerspin.com/paddles/svr- ... eamer.html

This one's better (it's got titanium), but it's over your budget ($259):

https://www.killerspin.com/paddles/diam ... emium.html

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 12:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
spencer_r wrote:
Could someone of you help me find a new paddle that focuses on offensive movement, consistency, and controlling the point.
These are generally regarded as properties of the player not the bat.

From the sounds of it all you need is an ALL+ blade with some decent allround rubbers. Tenergy is for higher level players that want lots of spin, but not for those that want consistancy or control the point. Tenergy is a good rubber, but it's definitely not suitable for everyone.
If you can tell us what you're using currently, and what it is that your current bat is not giving you, then we can offer some suggestions. You can get something just as good and possible much better suited to you, if you don't restrict your choice to Butterfly and Tenergy. ;)

PS The information at the bottom of your post should be put in your signature or profile which you can do via the Control Panel, so that you don't need to post them every time.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 00:00 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
well i learn something new from iskandar everyday haha, bruce lee series wth! killerspin have the most appealing sidetape to me btw.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 02:41 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
For your first rubbers read through here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30297

As you progress, come back for more advice on how to step it up.

As for a blade, there's a lot of choice and you can choose to buy something relatively expensive now and put better rubbers when your game improves. But I'd go cheaper at the moment and build your game and knowledge up over time before doing that. An ALL/ALL+ blade with any of the rubbers in the suggested thread will do for now. Its the practice and training (and coaching if you can get a worthy coach) that will lead you to your eventual equipment. Don't be in a rush to get something you think will last you a long time, right now. It doesn't work that way for most people.

Getting equipment that is ill-suited is common for inexperienced players. Its better to get something that is cheap and plays reasonably and gives you a basis to combine with things you read n forums, to then make a much more informed choice down the track. Spending a wad of cash and finding its not what you hoped for sends you back to square one, with a lot less money to make another choice with.

You can't go too far wrong with a little blade called the LKT Ayous-Hinoki to start with. Great feel and control and only about $20-25. I bought one years ago and really never gave it the time and appreciation I should have while I was in an EJ phase. But I still have it, and while its not the kind of blade to suit my style now, I'm still intending to give it some more attention....just because I remember it having a great feel. I'll probably put some inverted rubbers on it both sides and play around with my BH inverted skills to help my twiddling game.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2016, 17:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Actually... to be more serious here - we were having a nice discussion on this very topic:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=30271&start=15

No need to spend $250, $40 is more than enough. "Bruce Lee" does have a ring to it, though... :lol:

Iskandar