OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Oct 2018, 02:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 May 2018, 19:25 

I'll put Spectol Red and Blue on my list, as well as the standard Spectol. The standard Spectol might be better suited for chopping and hitting on the backhand though, no? I'm just going by reviews, as I haven't tested them myself yet.

BH - Butterfly Feint Long III 1.1mm

Hardbat Equipment (Former Full-Time Hardbat Player)
Blade - Marty Reisman custom 5 ply Hock
Rubber - Yasaka Cobalt Alpha OX

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 04:51 
Super User

Blade: MSP Revolution
FH: RITC Friendship 802 2.2
BH: MSP Diabolic 1.6
Snowman89 wrote:
AA wrote:
Snowman89 wrote:

The sponge under my 802 is orange by the way.

the version of 802 with the white/cream coloured sponge is the better one to try. more control, better to hit with

Do you by chance know where I could get the white/cream sponge version in Europe? I didn't know it came with different sponges, outside of thickness of course.

you can order via eacheng but sometimes their parcels get lost and their customer service is a disgrace. best thing is to google and also look in ebay

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 00:32 

If you want a faster rubber, just glue your 802 topsheet on a slightly faster sponge (but, surely, not a tensor one if you are going to chop). It's one of, if not THE best allround SP's out there, so no need to change, really.

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 00:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC Ghost
FH: TSP Spinpips RED
BH: Dr Neubauer Aggressor 0.6
Legend 105 if cost is a factor. Otherwise, spring for the new TSP Spinpips (RED or BLUE). I use Spinpips RED because I like to spin with SP but Spinpips BLUE with its harder sponge may be closer to old 802.. not sure. Last time I used 802 its topsheet felt almost slick by comparison to other SPs.

PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 21:01 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Snowman89 wrote:

Do you by chance know where I could get the white/cream sponge version in Europe? I didn't know it came with different sponges, outside of thickness of course.

Try Japsko, located in Sweden. Send them a message. Their business model and service level is somewhat like Coles which I mentioned before, enthusiasts running a small business. Just ask them about 802 specifically, and they should give you a list of sponge options, some of which they glue on site. High quality and fast service, in my experience.

If you want to try 802-40, the Tabletennis11shop may be better. They are also fast (in my experience) and a bit cheaper than Japsko (cost of running a business in Sweden is a bit higher, I guess). For me, the 802-40 is a bit too lively (and I use it on a DEF+ blade). Going back to straight 802 for next season.