OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 May 2019, 21:49


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2018, 02:13 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 13 Apr 2018, 20:41
Posts: 12
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Blade: Defplay Classic Senso
FH: Tackiness Chop 1.1
BH: Dornenglanz OX
1. I need some help with watch i should buy as My new equipment..
2. Im a ox lp chopper that always chopps with the lp, waybe a block sometimes and never hits..
3. With the backside i do it all, loop, chop, block and fish...
4. My game is based on controll and smart playes, im not a hard hitter..


Top
 Profile  
 


PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 01:59 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 7871
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 946 times
What's wrong with what you have now? (See the profile..)

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 06:25 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 13 Apr 2018, 20:41
Posts: 12
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Blade: Defplay Classic Senso
FH: Tackiness Chop 1.1
BH: Dornenglanz OX
iskandar taib wrote:
What's wrong with what you have now? (See the profile..)

Iskandar


Dornenglanz i feel is not good for chopping, much better when im standing at the table..
The chop is VERY slow and that is not good for me


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 11:59 
Online
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 32264
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1848 times
Been thanked: 1193 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
You could try TSP P-1r or Tibhar Dtecs, both chop really well even in OX, and they're very durable.

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Re-Impact Blades | Butterfly Table Tennis bats
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Butterfly Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 18:15 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 11 May 2013, 18:01
Posts: 658
Location: Podunk Pongville USA MALE
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 24 times
Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
Another option Palio CK531A at a lower price to try

Get yellow package type

_________________
Panda Drive / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max / Play right-handed
XVT balsa carbon 10mm / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH Globe 979 Long Pips OX / Play Left-handed shakehand
Stiga Def Wood / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH GD CC LP OX .. Play Left-handed
Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 19:43 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 7871
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 946 times
Like this?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Sh ... 58169.html

Image

Yes, that's an Eacheng. Only OX available it seems, though...

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 22:55 
Offline
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger
User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 00:48
Posts: 1670
Location: Boston
Has thanked: 537 times
Been thanked: 358 times
Blade: Donic Defplay
FH: Palio AK47 Blue
BH: Grass Dtecs OX
Z0BBE wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
What's wrong with what you have now? (See the profile..)

Iskandar


Dornenglanz i feel is not good for chopping, much better when im standing at the table..
The chop is VERY slow and that is not good for me


I don't know - DG is not really that slow, in my experience, I was able to chop low and fast with it. Are you saying it's slow as in "all my balls go into the net"? Against what - fast loop, slow loop, flat hit? Are you too far from the table, perhaps, and not making adjustments with your stroke?

You also have option staying close to the table as much as possible, but then you no longer playing like a chopper, which is fine too, I'm in the same boat right now.

_________________
USATT: 1871 | League: 1926


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 02:56 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 11 May 2013, 18:01
Posts: 658
Location: Podunk Pongville USA MALE
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 24 times
Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
iskandar taib wrote:
Like this?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Sh ... 58169.html

Image

Yes, that's an Eacheng. Only OX available it seems, though...

Iskandar


Yes, I have 2 sheets of that from them.

_________________
Panda Drive / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max / Play right-handed
XVT balsa carbon 10mm / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH Globe 979 Long Pips OX / Play Left-handed shakehand
Stiga Def Wood / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH GD CC LP OX .. Play Left-handed
Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 16:36 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 13 Apr 2018, 20:41
Posts: 12
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Blade: Defplay Classic Senso
FH: Tackiness Chop 1.1
BH: Dornenglanz OX
pgpg wrote:
Z0BBE wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
What's wrong with what you have now? (See the profile..)

Iskandar


Dornenglanz i feel is not good for chopping, much better when im standing at the table..
The chop is VERY slow and that is not good for me


I don't know - DG is not really that slow, in my experience, I was able to chop low and fast with it. Are you saying it's slow as in "all my balls go into the net"? Against what - fast loop, slow loop, flat hit? Are you too far from the table, perhaps, and not making adjustments with your stroke?

You also have option staying close to the table as much as possible, but then you no longer playing like a chopper, which is fine too, I'm in the same boat right now.


No the dg isnt to slow, its the tackiness that is slow, the dg i think isnt good when i go away from the table and My game isnt the greatest close to the table.. I think the dg is great at the table..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 18:21 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 273
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 25 times
I've been thinking of getting the Palio CK531A .... I have a mixed-style of playing .. Against a lot of players, I play close'ish to the table, but against some, I will move away quite often, and chop.... When playing close to the table, I tend to passive-block quite a bit, and will chop/push over the table too...

Currently, I have the following blades...

  • Donic Defplay Senso V3
  • GKI Euro XX
  • Joyner-H (The classic black-tag version)
  • XVT Blasa Hinoki Carbon

So, I'm wondering whether I should opt for Ox or a thin sponge, and which of the above blades, should I slap it onto...

_________________
Setup 1 : GKI Euro XX Blade Xiom Vega Europe Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 2 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Dawei 388D-1 OX (Red)
Setup 3 : Donic Defplay Senso V3 Blade Palio AK-47 Blue Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)
Setup 4 : XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon Blade 729 Focus III Snipe 40° Max (Black) Reactor Corbor (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2018, 16:40 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 273
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 25 times
ootbs wrote:
I've been thinking of getting the Palio CK531A .... I have a mixed-style of playing .. Against a lot of players, I play close'ish to the table, but against some, I will move away quite often, and chop.... When playing close to the table, I tend to passive-block quite a bit, and will chop/push over the table too...

Currently, I have the following blades...

  • Donic Defplay Senso V3
  • GKI Euro XX
  • Joyner-H (The classic black-tag version)
  • XVT Blasa Hinoki Carbon

So, I'm wondering whether I should opt for Ox or a thin sponge, and which of the above blades, should I slap it onto...


aackk... Did I kill (inadvertently) this thread, with my last post ?

_________________
Setup 1 : GKI Euro XX Blade Xiom Vega Europe Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 2 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Dawei 388D-1 OX (Red)
Setup 3 : Donic Defplay Senso V3 Blade Palio AK-47 Blue Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)
Setup 4 : XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon Blade 729 Focus III Snipe 40° Max (Black) Reactor Corbor (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2018, 02:37 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 7871
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 946 times
Recollections of Tackiness Chop from over 35 years ago definitely put it in the WAAAY TOO SLOW FOR MOST THINGS category. And mine had 2.0 sponge. The cheap chinese/modern equivalent would probably be Reactor Ckylin (though Ckylin might actually be even slower).

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2018, 04:08 
Online
New Member

Joined: 25 Mar 2017, 00:03
Posts: 24
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Blade: Andro Treiber
FH: Xiom Vega Pro
BH: Andro Rasant Grip
iskandar taib wrote:
Recollections of Tackiness Chop from over 35 years ago definitely put it in the WAAAY TOO SLOW FOR MOST THINGS category. And mine had 2.0 sponge.


Team mate hit the table corner and destroyed his Tackiness C. Asked me to replace it.

I ordered a new sheet (1.1mm!), took off the rubber and first restored the blade. An old Schildkröt defensive blade.

I usually do a bounce test after gluing on a new rubber. On this blade, with TackinessC 1mm, there was no distinguishable bounce when dropping a ball from 20cm. None.

He plays well with it, and got some spin back. Even attacks a bit better, on the rate occasions that he does.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2018, 05:16 
Offline
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger
User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 00:48
Posts: 1670
Location: Boston
Has thanked: 537 times
Been thanked: 358 times
Blade: Donic Defplay
FH: Palio AK47 Blue
BH: Grass Dtecs OX
yoass wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
Recollections of Tackiness Chop from over 35 years ago definitely put it in the WAAAY TOO SLOW FOR MOST THINGS category. And mine had 2.0 sponge.


Team mate hit the table corner and destroyed his Tackiness C. Asked me to replace it.

I ordered a new sheet (1.1mm!), took off the rubber and first restored the blade. An old Schildkröt defensive blade.

I usually do a bounce test after gluing on a new rubber. On this blade, with TackinessC 1mm, there was no distinguishable bounce when dropping a ball from 20cm. None.

He plays well with it, and got some spin back. Even attacks a bit better, on the rate occasions that he does.



I had similar (or close to it) experience with Reflectoid on Barricade: dead slow. Flat hits don't make it across the net unless you REALLY swing. But, if you brushed the ball, it actually was reasonably zippy. Almost felt like a training aid for brush looping.

_________________
USATT: 1871 | League: 1926


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2018, 18:51 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 273
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 25 times
iskandar taib wrote:
Like this?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Sh ... 58169.html

Image

Yes, that's an Eacheng. Only OX available it seems, though...

Iskandar


I could not make-up my mind as to which one to order, so I ordered Yellow, as well as the Blue (0.6mm) packaging...

Before placing the order, I emailed Palio, about the difference(s) between the 2, I was informed that the Yellow packaging is ONLY in OX (No Sponge with Yellow packaging), and the Blue Packaging in ONLY with sponge (of varying thickness, and no OX with Blue Packaging) ... The Top-sheet for Yellow and Blue is the same...

Another Thing - I found 1-2 online stores (mostly European based, I think.. Dont remember the names) carry a Green version of the CK531A ... Mind you, this packaging is almost a fluorescent type of Green, and not to be confused with the much darker Green Packaging of the Palio WP1013, which is a Medium Pip..Anyway the Green packaged CK531A, is touted to be a newer version of the CK531A, with better control, but lesser reversal that the Yelllow packaged one.

I also ordered a third one - Dawei 388D OX ... (Yes.. Yes... I'm aware - I've come down with a case of mild-moderate EJ'itis)

I've been playing, very regularly, with a 388D-1 ox on a Defplay V3, for the past 6-7 months or so.. until 2-3 months back, I used to clean the pips side, just as I would do with the inverted side, simply with the intension of keeping it clean... However, after I've stopped cleaning, and due to usage, the rubber looks kind of worn-out, and I now feel, it's playing characteristics have changed; whereby I feel it's become better for passive blocking.. Infact, just last evening, a player, with whom I've been playing very regularly since I've transitioned to this long pip, commented that the ball was coming back to him, quite weirdly...

So, would I be correct in assuming that a dusty, worn-out 388D-1ox would behave like a 388D ox ?

_________________
Setup 1 : GKI Euro XX Blade Xiom Vega Europe Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 2 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Dawei 388D-1 OX (Red)
Setup 3 : Donic Defplay Senso V3 Blade Palio AK-47 Blue Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)
Setup 4 : XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon Blade 729 Focus III Snipe 40° Max (Black) Reactor Corbor (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: