OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Aug 2019, 12:16


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 02:01 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 26 Dec 2012, 21:55
Posts: 13
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Blade: Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Stiga Mantra M
BH: Friendship (RITC) 802
Should change the FH rubber to something new and fresh.
Looking for a bit more spin and harder sponge

Currently setup
FH: Stiga Mantra M
BH: Friendship (RITC) 802
Blade: Stiga Clipper Wood

Playing Style:
Plays close to the table, max 0.5m away
FH: a lot of blocking, def game, smashing on both low and high balls, almost no loop games
BH: blocking and puching, placing balls sideways, no smashing
Trains about once a week + match games every two weeks. Have played table tennis for 30+ years

I have checked and read some reviews and believe that one of these should suit me:
Xiom Omega V Asia, Euro, Pro or Tour
Xiom Vega Japan or Pro
Yasaka Rakza 7, 9 or X

Is there any rubber above that you think would suit me?
Or something that will not work at all?
Any other suggestion for rubber?

I will buy the rubber from my local store who can also change it and they have these brands:
Butterfly, Donic, Stiga, Xiom, Yasaka, TSP, DHS, Friendship / 729 and Haifu


Last edited by riger on 06 Feb 2019, 03:49, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 03:11 
Online
Super User

Joined: 13 Nov 2018, 03:27
Posts: 393
Location: FL, USA
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 55 times
Blade: Sanwei Fextra
FH: Yinhe Apollo 5
BH: DMS Firestorm Soft 1.8 mm
I'm not sure what "a bit more screw" means but since you're using Mantra M - would Mantra H suit you?

Are you considering Chinese rubbers or hybrids? They would have harder sponges and might as well provide more spin.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 03:15 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 8219
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 995 times
Nothing has more "screw" than Tenergy 05... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 03:16 
Online
Super User

Joined: 13 Nov 2018, 03:27
Posts: 393
Location: FL, USA
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 55 times
Blade: Sanwei Fextra
FH: Yinhe Apollo 5
BH: DMS Firestorm Soft 1.8 mm
iskandar taib wrote:
Nothing has more "screw" than Tenergy 05... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

Nothing but Tenergy 05 Hard! And Dignics, perhaps...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 03:27 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 8219
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 995 times
Anyone hear anything more about Dignics? :lol:

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 03:45 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 26 Dec 2012, 21:55
Posts: 13
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Blade: Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Stiga Mantra M
BH: Friendship (RITC) 802
ziv wrote:
I'm not sure what "a bit more screw" means but since you're using Mantra M - would Mantra H suit you?

Are you considering Chinese rubbers or hybrids? They would have harder sponges and might as well provide more spin.


Sorry, I used google translate. It should be "more spin"
I will check out Mantra H, thanks

do you have any suggestions for Chinese rubbers?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 03:50 
Online
Super User

Joined: 13 Nov 2018, 03:27
Posts: 393
Location: FL, USA
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 55 times
Blade: Sanwei Fextra
FH: Yinhe Apollo 5
BH: DMS Firestorm Soft 1.8 mm
riger wrote:
ziv wrote:
I'm not sure what "a bit more screw" means but since you're using Mantra M - would Mantra H suit you?

Are you considering Chinese rubbers or hybrids? They would have harder sponges and might as well provide more spin.


Sorry, I used google translate. It should be "more spin"
I will check out Mantra H, thanks

do you have any suggestions for Chinese rubbers?

Form the DHS line, that could be Hurricane 3 (Neo) or Hurricane 8.
Friendship/729 have Battle II which is said to be a very decent hybrid rubber (I'm yet to try it). They also offer a variety of more "Euro" feel rubbers which I have no experience with.

All Chinese rubbers should be within $20-$25 price range so shouldn't become an expensive experiment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 12:51 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 8219
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 995 times
Naah… there's a WHOLE BUNCH of Chinese rubbers between $4 and $20. Pretty much all of them are usable. H3 takes some getting used to, though, it's quite slow. Supposedly the top players who use it boost the heck out of it.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 19:26 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 26 Dec 2012, 21:55
Posts: 13
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Blade: Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Stiga Mantra M
BH: Friendship (RITC) 802
ziv wrote:
Form the DHS line, that could be Hurricane 3 (Neo) or Hurricane 8.
Friendship/729 have Battle II which is said to be a very decent hybrid rubber (I'm yet to try it). They also offer a variety of more "Euro" feel rubbers which I have no experience with.

All Chinese rubbers should be within $20-$25 price range so shouldn't become an expensive experiment.


Thanks. I have now read a little about these rubbers. Forgot to mention that I do not like tacky rubbers. However, I want them to be grippy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2019, 00:26 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 03:36
Posts: 436
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 68 times
Blade: Hurricane Long 3
FH: DHS Hurricane 8
BH: Tibhar MX-P
Of the rubbers you mention, I would go with Vega Japan, which I have used on a "Clipper-like" blade. Or you could look at DHS Gold Arc, the softer version of GA8, which is slightly harder but otherwise similar iirc.

_________________
Other setups:
DHS H301 Blade/DHS Hurricane 3 Nat/Loki GTX Pro
DHS H301 Blade/Loki GTX Pro/Loki GTX Pro


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2019, 22:35 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 26 Dec 2012, 21:55
Posts: 13
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Blade: Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Stiga Mantra M
BH: Friendship (RITC) 802
darucla wrote:
Of the rubbers you mention, I would go with Vega Japan, which I have used on a "Clipper-like" blade. Or you could look at DHS Gold Arc, the softer version of GA8, which is slightly harder but otherwise similar iirc.


Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: