OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Feb 2019, 03:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2019, 18:27 
Manufacturer: RE-IMPACT

Location: Lembruch Dumber lake, Diepholz, Lower Saxony, Germany
adaptation of older Re-Impact to ABS ball

Hello, dear table tennis friends, anyone who owns an older re-impact wood and has been playing plastic balls since 2018 should close the lower and upper notche of the KSLS system with wood putty on his wood. However, the two middle notches remain untouched, as natural air must continue to flow there. The setting is best for the ABS ball.

In addition, the combination wood tachi should be turned by 180 ° and the rubbers just the same glued and played. The second playing level results in a better striking angle for these rough, non-circular and low-spin balls. thanks, Achim

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 14:33 

Just want to say, "thank you" to Achim for his advise on how to make an older model Re-Impact combination blade more playable with the plastic balls. Following his suggestion, I turned by blade 180 degrees, switched the rubbers, and filled in the first and 4th slots on the handle. The result is that I basically have what feels like a totally new blade that plays extremely well with the new balls. Like many players, I had become very unhappy with my normal set-up when the plastic ball was introduced. I even thought that I would have to give up on playing with material and go back to smooth rubbers on both sides. While I used smooth rubbers daily when coaching, my age and two knee replacements make playing matches with fast smooth rubbers almost impossible. So when Achim gave me the above advise it was almost a last hope for me to continue to stay competitive. Since making the change, I now feel like my game is quickly returning to my pre-plastic level and the "fun" is back.

My new set-up is a custom Re-Impact blade (older model) with Joola Ultra Express 2.0mm and Joola Octopus OX. FYI, the plastic ball is better played with a more grippy long pips.

Joola Badman OX
Joola Ultra Express 2.0