OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2013, 19:39 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Great for chopping, not great for attacking. As he demonstrates clearly in the first video :lol:

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2013, 22:17 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
dunc wrote:
Great for chopping, not great for attacking. As he demonstrates clearly in the first video :lol:

I do'nt think you can loop the hell out of the opponent with a 1.0mm sponge. :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 22:43 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2014, 10:02 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
Hes playing the Belarus open... and seens to be the only defender...
Lets hope he can reach the finals, so we can see he playing...

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2014, 13:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
manofan wrote:
Hes playing the Belarus open... and seens to be the only defender...
Lets hope he can reach the finals, so we can see he playing...

It will be really good to see him play, especially to see how he copes with the plastic balls!

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2014, 20:27 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Bit of a "dirty" article in my opinion, praising the new ball etc, but I'll post it anyway: http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_fu ... n_ID=2459&

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2014, 20:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

GOod ot see him get through that round. He's not really praising the new balls, he just has less difficulty compared to his opponent. Still that's encouraging :up:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2014, 20:43 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

I didn't mean him... more the ITTF. Both of their articles about results in the competition so far have focused on "overcoming" the changes with the new ball. Probably no surprise that he was picked as a spotlight in that respect; aiming to appease the likes of us.

[Other gear I've used]

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 02:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
He will be playing Omar Assar at table 1 soon :)

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 04:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Anyone who likes defenders and worries about the new ball, might take a look at Elena Dubkova (round 3 of women qualifiers, against Irina Ermakova). She is doing quite well. Perhaps she has a little trouble adapting to the lower speed of the ball, as her returns frequently are a bit short, but her opponent seems to have similar trouble (timing her loops); lack of spin doesn't seem to be a problem at all, as far as I can see. There are lots of it. So much, in fact, that perhaps defenders might return to thinner inverted rubbers to handle the incoming topspin, and keep the ball loaded but low. It looks a lot like play in the 1980s to me...

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 18:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I've watched him play Assar; Ch. had great variation of spin both with LP and INV, as well as heavy backspin even with the first chop (or push) also on both sides, so no problems with the poly ball as concerns spin (won some good points serving heavy backspin as well!). He seems to have a bit more time than before in the longer rallies to move around, but his opponent had less difficulty with dropping the ball short than was usual with the celluloid ball, so he had to keep a wary eye on that. Also, the usual weaknesses of a defender seemed to be there: vulnerable to fast attack on the first return or on the serve, placing wide, and to hard shots towards the middle if during a rally the ball is bouncing too high. But on the whole the new ball might mean a slight improvement for classic defenders, I think.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 19:11 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
To me it seemed as if Assar had more problems adapting than Cht. Perhaps he hasn't been training much with this ball? He misread or underestimated the spin many times.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 20:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Def-attack wrote:
To me it seemed as if Assar had more problems adapting than Cht. Perhaps he hasn't been training much with this ball? He misread or underestimated the spin many times.

I read that as spin-variation on the part of the defender... Assar made it into this round, so he must have won his previous game(s). He may not have practised against a really good defender with this ball, but still, it doesn't seem likely to me that his mistakes would be mostly due to being unfamiliar with sophisticated defence, as they were the type of mistakes players used to make against Chtchetinine with the celluloid ball as well.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 21:01 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes I just watched it too... there seemed to loads of spin on the ball, which is great to see.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2014, 05:13 

WHAT A MATCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgHzi7rs ... -4wsosoZPA

Table Tennis is L-I-F-E !!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!